• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Authorities say firefighters in Washington state rammed through a driveway gate to save a delivery driver who was being mauled by pit bulls.

The News Tribune newspaper reports the UPS driver had driven up the 75-foot driveway of a house in the South Hill area, near Tacoma, on Wednesday when the dogs backed him against a trailer.

The driver called 911 and used his belt to try to fend off the animals. The Pierce County Sheriff's Office says that when Orting firefighters arrived, a relative of the dogs' owner refused to unlock the gate at the end of the driveway. The responders rammed the driveway gate, drove to the victim and pulled him into their vehicle.

The driver was taken to a hospital to be treated for bites to his hands, arms and legs.

http://www.khq.com/story/36379714/responders-ram-driveway-gate-to-save-ups-driver-from-dogs

I hope the fucking relative catches charges for refusing to open the gate. What kind of sick bastard does that when someone is getting mauled?! :punch:

UPS should make sure they don't deliver anything else to this address. Go pick up your own shit if that's the level of care you have for the delivery drivers.

being mauled by pit bulls ...
Come on this is bullshit! Pitties are the sweetest, most caring and most lovable dogs ever! Who ever heard of a them ever mauling anyone, except for the lying propaganda from those evil anti-pit bull assholes.

:rolleyes:

Update on story October 5, 2017 below:

[...]

According to the report, the woman said, "The driver was trespassing and kicked one of my dogs. They are going to kill him." Goodwin then told her to open the gate so he could rescue the driver and she replied, "(Expletive) you. You are trespassing and I'm going to call the cops," according to the report.

[...]

As Goodwin began backing the SUV out of the yard, the woman yelled, "You're an (expletive) idiot. Now the dogs are going to get out ... I'm going to get my gun and shoot you," the report says.

[...]

A Pierce County deputy who investigated the incident wrote in his report that Backlund said he saw no "beware of dog" or "no trespassing" signs on the property, and there was no instruction in the UPS database saying not to enter the property.

[...]

The man said his insurance company didn't like "beware of dog" signs because of the liability.

[...]

3_1507245335269_9393148_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/nation...-raising-rescue-of-driver-mauled-by-pit-bulls
I hope she loses everything.

Last edited:
That's a harrowing read at the link. It's like the UPS driver entered the grounds of a lunatic asylum where patients fend for themselves.
Because the solution is so easy...
A no trespassing sign, or a sign "leave packages at the gate".

Last edited:
So, wait... did this crazy bitch let the driver in, and then secure the gate behind him? I don't know why I didn't catch that the first time around.

No, he walked in himself. I live in a similar situation with a long driveway. Our delivery people always leave parcels at the gate. The only guys who come to the door are new to the route.

There are no specific instructions for delivery at my house so it's up to the driver.

Drove courier truck for Purolator here in Niagara for a while 25 years ago.
Some places you just don't bother delivering to when they are abusive.
You post a notification and make them pick it up.

Not blaming the UPS though.
The wacko in there needs to be jailed for the threats and attack.

No, he walked in himself. I live in a similar situation with a long driveway. Our delivery people always leave parcels at the gate. The only guys who come to the door are new to the route.

There are no specific instructions for delivery at my house so it's up to the driver.

But the original story linked says the driver drove up a 75 foot driveway. I think that's where I'm getting confused. The updated story says he walked.

Either way though, how did the gate get locked between the time the driver entered it and when fire rescue tried to come through? Are there 2 different gates in question?

crzyldy_zpslbhy6a5q.png

[doublepost=1507400629,1507400555][/doublepost]
Are there 2 different gates in question?
Yep, 2 gates.

I thought the crazy pit-bull woman's fence would be more substantial. Though this street-view is dated, that's the same gate post from the police photo above. With such a short fence, no noticeable signs and the house only about 50 feet from the walk-in gate I can totally understand the UPS driver thought he did his due diligence and tried to professionally give the proper customer service and take the packages to the house.

All the more reason I hope the UPS driver can sue that horrid women and take this property for his own.

Last edited:
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article196502934.html
The four pit bulls that mauled a UPS driver in the Puyallup area will be euthanized, according to multiple sources.

A timetable for putting down the dogs — Laurentisis, LJ, Zero and Lexi — has not been determined contrary to reports in the media that they would be euthanized Wednesday, said Laverne Pitts of the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County.
[....]
Backlund was not available for comment on Wednesday but issued a statement through the Seattle-based Davis Law Group: “I am a dog guy. I love dogs. It is sad when any dog has to be put down. I believe that no breed of dog is ‘born bad’. People turn dogs into killers. The dogs that attacked me did what they were raised to do, what they were trained to do. Although I am saddened when any dog is euthanized, I am very happy that the dogs that attacked me will never have the opportunity to attack anyone else. The public is now safe from these dogs.”
[....]
putting down the dogs will not affect the lawsuit attorney Chris Davis filed against the dogs’ owners earlier this month in Pierce County Superior Court.

Jason Owens and Darryl Burgess, who live and work on the property, knew “that their pit bull dogs were extremely vicious and dangerous, and that the animals had been specifically trained to seriously injure and/or kill people who entered onto the property,” according to the lawsuit. Backlund is asking for unspecified damages.

Backlund was reportedly attacked after entering a gate to deliver a package. A report filed by Orting Valley Fire Chief Dave Goodwin says Backlund, who has extensive martial arts training, removed his belt and used it to defend himself.

Goodwin was in a department SUV when he responded to the call. At the scene, a woman refused to open the gate or bring the dogs under control, according to Goodwin’s report. The report states that she said, “The driver was trespassing and kicked one of my dogs. They are going to kill him.”

When Goodwin told her to open the gate, she swore at him, accused him of trespassing and threatened to call police. The woman reportedly was not associated with the property.

Goodwin wrote that when a second dog bit into Backlund’s leg, “It appeared to me that the driver was getting pulled off the trailer and I now feared for his life.”

Goodwin drove the SUV through the chain link gate and to the trailer, where he instructed Backlund to jump onto the roof of his vehicle. But the report says the distance was too far. Goodwin repositioned the vehicle so Backlund could crawl through the open passenger window while kicking off a pit bull attached to his leg. The dogs had pulled off both Backlund’s shoes.

Backlund was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital where he underwent surgery.
[....]

a woman refused to open the gate or bring the dogs under control, according to Goodwin’s report. The report states that she said, “The driver was trespassing and kicked one of my dogs. They are going to kill him.”
When Goodwin told her to open the gate, she swore at him, accused him of trespassing and threatened to call police. The woman reportedly was not

Call the police, Bitch, they will then arrest you and open the gate, do it hurry up now!

Stuoid ass bitch, I'd file a lawsuit against her too!

Jason Owens and Darryl Burgess, who live and work on the property, knew “that their pit bull dogs were extremely vicious and dangerous, and that the animals had been specifically trained to seriously injure and/or kill people who entered onto the property,”

The woman reportedly was not associated with the property.

So I bet she was, but the insurance company, probably dislikes bitches like this one more than

beware of dog signs. Look at the campers ... It reminds me of breaking bad.

I hope they lose everything ... And i wonder what was in the UPS package ... ?

Call the police, Bitch, they will then arrest you and open the gate, do it hurry up now!

Stuoid ass bitch, I'd file a lawsuit against her too!

I hope she gets cancer and dies a slow, extremely painful death.

The woman’s an idiot & her (lack of) actions will probably increase the owner’s liability. HAH!

The man said his insurance company didn't like "beware of dog" signs because of the liability.
Correction. He didn't like beware of dog signs because he didn't want to pay extra for liability. Insurance companies don't like or dislike.. They price insurance accordingly or refuse coverage.

Last edited:
“I am a dog guy. I love dogs. It is sad when any dog has to be put down. I believe that no breed of dog is ‘born bad’. People turn dogs into killers.
Bull fucking shit, people turn dangerous dogs worse. We all know how many so-called gentle, friendly, "family" pit bulls with no history of violence rip the throat out of children every month or so.

Last edited:
We all know how many so-called gentle, friendly, "family" pit bulls

Actually my brother had one of those ... she was the first thing he loved after he left my parents house. They lived at the beach ... he kept her forever. When he got her she could fit in his coat ... he was kind of a kid, he got the job and the girl, got the family ... they totally grew up together.

Its not even the pit bulls that are the worst of this story ... the pig screaming that she
isn't going to help is.

Yes a pit bull has more strength and bite radius than most dogs which makes them more lethal.

That being said statistics show that they are not even remotely the top dog for bites.

It’s nature and nurture, dogs that bite are always lacking one or the other.

Yes a pit bull has more strength and bite radius than most dogs which makes them more lethal.

That being said statistics show that they are not even remotely the top dog for bites.

It’s nature and nurture, dogs that bite are always lacking one or the other.
They may not be on the top for bites, but I'm pretty sure they're near the top for kills.

I love all types of dogs, and our current deaf male (and previous one) are mostly pit and real titty-baby-mama's boys.
However, if any dog that I owned were to show too much aggression, have more than one incidence of a single bite, or go bat shyte attack - no judge would be needed.
I'd shoot them myself before the ambulance were to arrive.
People know when dogs are like this, and they either keep the dogs because they're ignoring the danger, or they intentionally want the dog to be aggressive.
I'm not talking about the average family dog who might attack an intruder when they're sensing danger to the family, but the asshole's down the street we all know who's got what's damn near a wild animal that terrorizes every person and animal it can reach.

http://www.khq.com/story/36379714/responders-ram-driveway-gate-to-save-ups-driver-from-dogs

I hope the fucking relative catches charges for refusing to open the gate. What kind of sick bastard does that when someone is getting mauled?! :punch:

Under most state laws, this is "obstructing of LE in the line of duty", and there are some heavy penalties, including the possibility of both jail and several thousands of dollars in fines.
EMS/LE will ask you once to open the gates, and when refused, it takes only a few seconds to get approval and then they *will* mow down that and all barriers until they reach the scene.

Probably more drug making ingredients.

We were refused entry to private land during a massive forestry fire, turned out they had a major weed operation going on.
Once we got permission, every truck took a different route through the gate and surrounding fencing, then we drove over every well landscaped area we could.
Once our job was finished, the sheriff's boys were there to take the whole family off to county lockup, and confiscated all their pot.
Do not fuck with firefighters/LE/EMS while they're trying to get to a scene, not only might it be your home or loved one we're trying to save, but we can get creative while remaining completely within the law regarding payback.

They may not be on the top for bites, but I'm pretty sure they're near the top for kills.

That’s likely true. The point is it’s rarely a dogs issue. It’s always a lazy/stupid human issue.
[doublepost=1517366795,1517366345][/doublepost]https://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/abs/10.2460/javma.243.12.1726

Conclusions and Clinical Relevance—Most DBRFs were characterized by coincident, preventable factors; breed was not one of these. Study results supported previous recommendations for multifactorial approaches, instead of single-factor solutions such as breed-specific legislation, for dog bite prevention.

Just FYI

Pit Bulls are most definitely the top breed for human fatalities. Pits make up only 6% of the dog pits in the US and are responsible for 70% of the fatalities, most come from what owners would call lovable, family dogs. Morbid has a special dislike for this breed, I'm a bit more flexible. These dogs were designed to kill and be loyal, its in their DNA, but most idiot owners only see the loyalty, not the killer part. Look at the muscles, look at the jaws, look at their mannerism, its easy to see they were bred to fight and kill if one just looks.

I'm not saying to ban this bred, I just want owners to know what their pit bulls instincts make they capable of and I want pit owners to be totally responsible for their dog's actions. I don't want to hear a single owner say "but my dog is always nice and gentle, I can't believe it killed that child", because that is bullshit. A pit bull is more dangerous than a load handgun sitting on a shelf, because that handgun won't jump off the shelf and kill the little kid outside because it was startled.

My dog is part retriever. It was bred over multiple generations to retrieve. I didn't teach him how to retrieve, he just did it on his own because it's in is genes to retrieve.

What were Pitbulls bred over multiple generations to do?

Don't act surprised when dogs do what their genes tell them to do.

My dog, Sarge, is part Aussie and part Lab, but he got a great deal of the herding reflex, he used to herd Mr. Cubby to the mail box every morning. Mr. Cubby would walk out across the front yard and Sarge would push him back into the driveway towards the mail box.

And sticks, he loves a stick, just like a Lab, I've had to pry several sticks out of his mouth when he got them caught between his teeth. I had to call a man with some pliers a couple times.

Back