• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/19/film-crew-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-downtown-oakland/
[....]
The head of the crew said he was thrown up against a wall and that he and the other victims were forced to lay on the pavement, where the two robbers put guns to their heads and threatened them

Chris Burns, 37, an independent director of photography for the AwesomenessTV production “This Is Summer,” a reality show that follows eight 17-year-olds growing up in the Bay Area, said Wednesday the robbery “was really, really scary. It’s the most terrifying robbery I’ve ever been a part of.” (Wow, happens to you often, does it?)
[....]
suspects put guns to their heads and threatened them with violence if they did not cooperate and that he pleaded with them not to hurt anyone and to take anything they wanted.

The suspects fled with Canon video cameras and lenses, monitors, chargers, batteries and carrying cases from the truck and took one of the women’s laptop and cell phone, Burns said.

“They were very systematic. I think they had been watching us,” he said.
[....]
He said he was aware of photographers and film and television crews robbed in Oakland and other cities before but did not think his crew would need security since they shot mostly during the day with large groups of people present. “This is the only time we were shooting at night,” he said.

Burns said he personally would film in Oakland again but would “absolutely, 100 percent be more aware and have proper security.”

“Oakland is a great place to shoot,” he said.

He said he feels bad about what happened because of the negative publicity it will generate but still feels people need to be made aware of what occurred..

Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering up to $15,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest of the suspects. Anyone with information may call police at 510-238-3326 or Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572.

15 grand reward
Wonder if the equipment was insured ?
No one played hero in trying to stop the thrives ! Must have been played out very very well .hummmm lots of questions still in my mind
Yep lucky no one was hurt

Back