• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Police Say Jeremy Roberts Killed Ex-Wife, Forced 13yo Son to Call 911

kdtp4g.jpg
Jeremy Roberts​
GROVE CITY, Ohio – Grove City police say that a woman was stabbed and killed by her former husband when she picked-up her child on a Sunday morning.

The woman was stabbed to death by her former husband and was found lying unconscious outside her husband’s apartment in the 3200 block of Townhouse Drive in Grove city at around 9 a.m. Sunday morning. The 9-1-1 call came from the woman’s son who was in the apartment when the incident took place.

Investigators said that the 36-year-old Candice R. Roberts, of Grove City was picking-up her child when the incident took place. Prior to the fatal stabbing, an argument ensued between the former husband and the victim. The former husband who was identified as 38-year-old Jeremy A. Roberts produced a knife and stabbed the victim to death, according to Grove City police Capt. Jeff Pearson.

The Grove City police officers and the Jackson Township medics responded to the scene. Once on the scene, the woman was pronounced dead, according to the reports.

The Grove City Police investigators said that neighbors told them that the suspect used a large kitchen knife to kill his former wife.

The teenage daughter of the divorced parents said that her parents had a divorce peacefully and did not fight each other. She said that she was shocked by the incident.

Candice R. Roberts was fetching her 14-year-old and 4-year-old children who spent the night at her former husband’s apartment. The 4-year-old child was terrified because of the incident.

Jeremy A. Roberts was arrested without incident. He will be charged with murder, according to the Grove City police.

Records show that he will appear before the court on Monday.
[...]
http://site.ninjacops.com/blog/14949/husband-arrested-for-fatally-stabbing-ex-wife/
1znblv4.jpg
Candance Roberts​

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/ohio-mother-killed/index.html

An Ohio man stabbed his ex-wife to death outside his apartment, then had his 13-year-old son call police before calmly getting on the phone himself.

"My dad just killed my mom. He just told me to call you guys," the son said, based on a recording of the 911 call released by the Grove City Police Department. "He just ran outside and killed my mom. And she's laying in the grass in front of the apartment."[...]

Roberts himself then gets on the line, giving the apartment's address and informing police that the "only" weapon -- a knife -- was outside with his ex-wife.

"What did you do?" the dispatcher asks him.

"She's covered in a blanket. You guys will see," Roberts responds in an even-keeled voice.
He can then be heard, on the nearly five-minute 911 call, telling his children that they have a "good big sister (who) will take care of you guys."

"I told you that there's a lot of things that you don't understand, and you don't know. And now there's no choice for them to come out," Roberts said to them, as recorded in the 911 call, without detailing what he meant.

Before going to the front door -- and handing the phone back to his 13-year-old son -- Roberts says, "One more hug. I love you guys." A small child can be heard crying in the background.

Monster. Liar.

He kills their mother and then asks for 'one more hug"?! What. The. Frak? and "You know I love you guys". Yeah, you love them all right. Frakkin little bitch. Poor kids.

He probably does love his children
You can love your children and hate your spouse, actually happens in most divorces

Last edited:
I'm from Ohio, but I've never heard of Grove City. Couldn;t say what kind of neighborhood it is, not that nowadays that makes a difference.

I'm sure he does love his kids...just not enough to put their needs and feelings above his own.

^What she said.

He may love them, but not enough to not traumatize them by brutally murdering their mother in front of them, and then leaving them with no parents to care for them. I can't think of much worse you can do to them without physically hurting them.

I don't think he loves them a BIT. He ambushed their mother in front of them, murders her, then forces one of them to make the 911 call.

Nope. There is not an ounce of love in that man.

There isn't an ounce of human in him.

Jeremy-Roberts-125x188.jpg
Grove City, OH –
Police*received*a call from a 13-year-old boy on Sunday morning, telling the dispatcher that his father had just stabbed his mother to death and had*instructed*him to call 911.
“My dad just killed my mom. He just told me to call you guys,” the boy can be heard telling a 911 dispatcher. “He just ran outside and killed my mom and she’s laying in the grass in front of the apartment.”
The boy’s father, 38-year-old Jeremy Roberts, allegedly chased his ex-wife, Candice Roberts,*outside his apartment and stabbed her to death in front of their children. She was there that morning to pick up her kids.
Eventually Roberts gets on the line and tells the dispatcher his wife is under a blanket and that the weapon he used was outside by her body. When the dispatcher asks about what he did, Roberts calmly tells her they will see when they show up.
For the rest of the five-minute 911 call, Roberts can be heard telling his children that they have a big sister who will take care of them. He can also be heard explaining to them that*there’s a lot of things that they don’t understand and don’t know.
Before Roberts walked out the front door, he handed the phone back to the 13-year-old boy and says, “One more hug.…

This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

He probably does love his children
You can love your children and hate your spouse, actually happens in most divorces

No, I disagree. If you love your child, you wouldn't do things that will only HARM them.

Even at the times where I have hated my husband, and let me tell ya I did. I would walk pased him and just see myself grabbing a blunt object and going to town on him. But I would NEVER hurt my kids that way. You can't say you love someone, and then do something that will ultimately harm them for a long time. It's just contradicting.

So to say this monster loves his children is ridiculous. He didn't even love them enough to spare them from what they witnessed. The 4 year old crying hearing that daddy killed mommy, yeah that is how a 4 year old knows he is loved.

IF this is love then I got it all wrong. I need to beat the living life out of anyone I come to hate. Just like the idea behind why a mother does, in some cases kill her children and call it love. sure, if it helps you sleep at night.
I don't talk ill of my husband to my children and trust me couple years ago I bit my tongue a lot to stop the spite from feeding to my children; kill him? hell, no. only and only if it were in defence and/or protecting my children from him. would. not. happen.

My heart is so heavy over this. It was a selfish, wicked act a purpose in doing so only to serve his poisoning needs. I hope and pray that these children find healing through those who love them. Sleep children and forget what is now your father. . . never forget your mother. Never.

Rest in peace Candance Roberts.

Love is a feeling and he probably has it towards his kids. Hate is also a feeling and that is the one he chose to actupon, therefore he hates more than he loves.

Feelings are nothing untill you act upon them.

My two cents.

Love is a feeling and he probably has it towards his kids. Hate is also a feeling and that is the one he chose to actupon, therefore he hates more than he loves.

Feelings are nothing untill you act upon them.

My two cents.
But once he acted on the feeling and it resulted in cold blooded murder, it ain't love for his kids, not by any stretch. He abandoned the real feeling of love with the feeling of hate.
just my .02 ....get what you're saying.

Last edited:
When you love someone, you put their wants and needs ahead of your own.

When you love someone you do NOT take their mother away from them. Everyone needs their mother as a child. You certainly don't take their mother away from them while they are WATCHING.

What he did was put his wants and needs ahead of his childrens wants and needs (which were evil to begin with). That's selfish. That's not love. That's possessive and controlling. That's not love. That's the opposite of love.

What he has now is a bruised ego from failing his offspring, which makes him a failure of a man. He wanted that hug to prove that they still love HIM, and he didn't fail. That THEY loved him, not the other way around.

What a loser. That story really pisses me off.

*shrugs. I know what you are saying too. I think I agree, but it's all a bit of a whirlwind in my head at the moment.

Sorry,you can't love your kids if you brutally murder their mother in cold blood,which is exactly what he did. And even if he does,he allowed his hatred of their mother to conquer the love he had for them.
He has now scarred them for life. Rot in hell you SOB.

Grove City man not competent for trial in ex-wife’s death

A man accused of stabbing his ex-wife to death when she arrived at his Grove City apartment to pick up their two youngest children is incompetent to stand trial, a Franklin County judge ruled yesterday.

Jeremy Roberts, 40, can be restored to competence within a year, according to a psychologist who examined him and found that mental illness interferes with his ability to assist his attorneys.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ot-competent-for-trial-in-ex-wifes-death.html

There's an old saying I remember seeing that about sums this one up....."Who dies with the most toys wins". In other words no one won in this, ex-wife, kids, nor the idiot. Why isn't there an island or somewhere we can send all these people like this to live together. Of course we would have to get every damn one of them fixed because we don't want them to reproduce more idiots. They could then just kill each other off.

Back