• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
[
Police say five members of a Maine family have been found shot to death.

State police spokesman Steve McCausland says the bodies of a father, mother and three children were found Sunday afternoon inside a residence in downtown Saco.

"All indications are that no one outside of the family was responsible for the deaths. A gun was found near one of the bodies," McCausland said in a statement.

According to police, the children were 12, 7 and 4-years-old, although police say they have not yet been able to make a positive identification. The bodies were found in three separate rooms.

A neighbor came to check on them at their home at Riverview Apartments, located at 35 Water St. Police say that upon seeing the family's bodies, the neighbor notified Saco police, who called in state police.

Police say they believe this is a self-contained crime scene, and say the public is not at risk.

McCausland says state and local police are on the scene, along with the ....
The neighborhood in which the bodies were found lies along the Saco River, not far from the Saco police station.

/QUOTE]

http://m.wcvb.com/news/family-of-5-found-dead-in-maine/27171496

I hate this one so much because all I can think about is the children hearing and possibly seeing their siblings getting shot. Damn. That's hard to think about.

well they were all in separate rooms...probably done while they were sleeping

Agree. Dad. Didn't want to c his family suffer financial ruin, blah blah blah.

I'm sorry for u, little angels. Please find some peace where u r now.

Update with names, etc.
A suicidal man having financial problems killed his wife, three children and then himself over the weekend, police said Monday.

Detectives said 33-year-old Joel Smith shot his family inside their apartment about 11:30 p.m. Saturday with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Twelve-year-old Jason Montez and 7-year-old Noah Montez were shot to death in their separate bedrooms. Thirty-five-year-old Heather Smith and 4-year-old Lily Smith were shot in the parents' bed. Joel Smith's body was found on the floor nearby, the gun by his side.

Police said no suicide note was found, but investigators said the wife had told a family friend the night of the shooting that Joel Smith recently had threatened suicide. [...] The family had domestic issues and financial problems, said Sgt. Christopher Harriman, a state police detective.

[...]

Many people who knew the family described Smith as friendly and outgoing, an assessment shared by his mother. "He was very talented, and artistic, and a perfectionist, and a very devoted family man," she said.

http://www.waff.com/story/26125859/police-man-killed-family-himself-in-maine

Yeah... he was so very devoted, it sounds like.

Yeah so devoted to his family he chose not to let them grow up and live their lives. The ultimate failure as a father. Why didn't he just kill himself?!! I hate when the children are killed by their own parents....the very ones that are supposed to love and protect them. This makes me angry. The talented artistic perfectionist is now a murderer.

Oh hey, I'll be camping there in 2 weeks. Hope I don't see any bodies floating down the river.

And again, a permanent solution to a temporary problem that caused the loss of 3 innocent children's lives.

Back