• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wltx.com/mobile/article/...f45&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
[....]
"I don’t remember in my life time there being a collision in a single car accident where five people lost their lives," said Darlington county coroner Todd Hardee says there were 11 people packed into a Chevrolet trailblazer.

"One of the people in the family was pregnant and went into labor, as I’m told, and the family got into the automobile to go to the hospital," Hardee said.

Hardee believes the driver, 52-year-old Leonard Rouse, lost control of the car.

"It appears the car probably left the roadway and they overcorrected and the car began to roll over and over," Hardee said.

With each roll, Hardee says all eleven of them were ejected from the car.

"All the windows were out, and as it rolled whatever position they were in the car is how they would exit the window there," Hardee said.

Among the deceased were the driver, a 14-year-old girl, a 28-year-old woman and her unborn child, and another unborn child.

Family and friends of the victims came by throughout the day to see the area and gather their scattered belongings.
[....]
The surviving victims of the accident are said to have been taken to McLeod hospital in serious condition.

Whoa, this story is going to give me nightmares!

of those goddamn word problems in math!

11 family members didn't all need to go to the hospital to help one woman give birth.

Especially since it involved 11 people cramming into a vehicle intended for 5 people, or 7 people with the much rarer extended version. They were far over capacity, and most of them could not access the seat belts even if they wanted to. Why be so stupid and take such a risk? Why did everyone need to go? And if they somehow did need to all go, between 11 of them, there is really only one vehicle?

UPDATE:
On Friday night, February 2, 2018, the Douglas-Rouse family suffered a tragic loss. 5 people were killed from a car crash. Those five people included: Leonard Rouse (52), Chikari Douglas-Rouse (28), Nykeisha Rouse (14), and two unborn children. To funeralize this beautiful lived family, we need the community to help as much as possible. ALL donations are welcomed. Thanks In advance.

They are asking for $50,000 on gofundme. That seems high to bury 3 adults. Reasonable request or shameless money grab?
https://www.gofundme.com/fmk3x-funeralizing-douglasrouse-family

Last edited:
Five dead so far. =/ If the rest are in critical condition, though... ;.;

And I have to ask... why? Why were they all in a car together? I can't think of any car make that's built to take eleven people bar 'minibus'.

$5,000 is considered a cheap funeral here, so I would think it could be done for less there. I guess I should add that my neighbor just had to bury his grandfather, and that's what he paid. However, he was buried at the veteran's cemetary and I don't think they charge for the actual burial. The casket and viewing were provided by a funeral home.

Last edited:
It was a Chevy,
not a fukkin' clown car.

No seatbelts
More preggos
Overloaded vehicle.
Likely speeding in order to roll like that.

Honestly, maybe nature was correcting a toxic spill in the gene pool.

When Mr. Cubby died I did exactly as he wanted, kept it as short and simple as I possibly could. He wanted to be buried at Andersonville, so I made the arrangements thru a funeral home, had to send him somewhere else to be cremated, and had a very short military flag folding for his mother and family. He never served during combat so he didn't get the 21 Gun Salute. But he did get Taps, which like to have killed me. No viewing, short ceremony, still costs $4000.00. Mostly for the cremation. Andersonville was free. Anything (except for the cremation) I would have wanted or needed there they would have supplied.

When Mr. Cubby died I did exactly as he wanted, kept it as short and simple as I possibly could. He wanted to be buried at Andersonville, so I made the arrangements thru a funeral home, had to send him somewhere else to be cremated, and had a very short military flag folding for his mother and family. He never served during combat so he didn't get the 21 Gun Salute. But he did get Taps, which like to have killed me. No viewing, short ceremony, still costs $4000.00. Mostly for the cremation. Andersonville was free. Anything (except for the cremation) I would have wanted or needed there they would have supplied.

<3:hug:<3

Especially since it involved 11 people cramming into a vehicle intended for 5 people, or 7 people with the much rarer extended version. They were far over capacity, and most of them could not access the seat belts even if they wanted to. Why be so stupid and take such a risk? Why did everyone need to go? And if they somehow did need to all go, between 11 of them, there is really only one vehicle?

UPDATE:
On Friday night, February 2, 2018, the Douglas-Rouse family suffered a tragic loss. 5 people were killed from a car crash. Those five people included: Leonard Rouse (52), Chikari Douglas-Rouse (28), Nykeisha Rouse (14), and two unborn children. To funeralize this beautiful lived family, we need the community to help as much as possible. ALL donations are welcomed. Thanks In advance.

They are asking for $50,000 on gofundme. That seems high to bury 3 adults. Reasonable request or shameless money grab?
Reasonable

So there was another adult that the kids could have stayed with?

The second unborn child might have belonged to the 14 year old.

I still think $50,000 seems high for the gofundme for funeral expenses. These people were apparently so desperately poor that they could only afford one small vehicle among them to cram 11 people into, so it seems absurd to want funerals costing over $16,000 each.

My dad passed in October and didn't want us to spend money we didn't have to. He chose to be cremated. Total with everything was just under $2500.

My oldest sister passed away back in 2000. She wanted to be buried next to her husband. She had withered away with cancer and didn't not want anyone to view her, so she was not embalmed. That funeral was just north of $7K. 18 freaking years ago.

This story pisses me off.

Why couldn’t how many ever children were present just stay at home with the 28 year old?

The fact that EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS EJECTED from this clown car shows that not a single person wore a seatbelt. There were at least 7 or 8 available!

Who doesn’t know, in 2018, the seat belt statistics?

I bet the other unborn baby that passed was the woman going into labor, since she was also thrown from the car.

Sad? Yes. Tragic? Yes. Stupid? Yes.

I still want to know why they all headed to the hospital.
Maybe there was a creepy family control issue and the family patriarch had to keep everyone in eyesight.
Under the circumstances , why was there no plan for neighbours or family member to watch over those left home for a day?

Question:

If they are counting the 2 unborn babies in the fatality count - are they also counting them in the occupancy count? 9 people, with 2 unborn babies?? Or were there 11 people, 2 who were pregnant.

Point to ponder: The second unborn baby death does not have to be associated with the 14 year old fatality. That baby could be associated with a mother who miscarried after the accident and survived - possible?? Just pondering as I'm not sure.

When my brothers were born...we didn't see Ma or the baby for a week. I think she needed the rest!
I remember being sooo excited, I waited at the end of the driveway for hours!

When my neighbor had a baby, her husband took their daughter and me (both 10 or 12) to see Bridge on the River Kwai. It was a good movie. I'd watched tons of war movies, because that's what my dad liked when wrestling wasn't on. :rolleyes:

I still want to know why they all headed to the hospital.
Maybe there was a creepy family control issue and the family patriarch had to keep everyone in eyesight

That was my first thought. It was 10 pm when they headed for the hospital. If many in the group were children, who makes kids sit up all night long in a hospital waiting room?
[doublepost=1518118080,1518117905][/doublepost]
Point to ponder: The second unborn baby death does not have to be associated with the 14 year old fatality. That baby could be associated with a mother who miscarried after the accident and survived - possible?? Just pondering as I'm not sure.

Absolutely. It is in no way clear. I was merely pointing out that it could be deceased 14 year old who was pregnant and lost the baby in or after the crash.

Question:

If they are counting the 2 unborn babies in the fatality count - are they also counting them in the occupancy count? 9 people, with 2 unborn babies?? Or were there 11 people, 2 who were pregnant.
"It appears the car probably left the roadway and they overcorrected and the car began to roll over and over," Hardee said.

With each roll, Hardee says all eleven of them were ejected from the car.

"All the windows were out, and as it rolled whatever position they were in the car is how they would exit the window there," Hardee said.
The wording implies that its 11 + 2 unborn. The babies wouldn't have been thrown out the window one by one like he described.
[doublepost=1518208602,1518208257][/doublepost]Apparently there was 2 other children that were int he car as well.
Troopers say 11 people were thrown from a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer after it struck a drainage culvert and overturned on Rogers Road in Darlington County around 11 p.m.

One of the passengers was in labor at the time of the single-vehicle crash, according to Darlington County Coroner Todd Hardee.

The driver and two other passengers died, while the remaining passengers were treated for serious injuries at McLeod Hospital. One person remains in critical condition after surgery, and two children are being airlifted to MUSC, according to WBTW.

[..]

The victims have been identified as 52-year-old Leonard Rouse, 14-year-old Nakisha Rouse, 28-year-old Chikari Douglas-Rouse and her unborn baby, and another unborn baby identified by the coroner as Douglas-Graham.

The mother of the unborn baby, Douglas-Graham, was reportedly not one of the deceased victims.
http://www.wltx.com/news/local/upda...darlington-crash-victims-identified/514111982

Sort of weird with him being 52 and the supposed wife being 38. The 14 year old must have been another daughter. This is starting to sound like the Turpins, Vol 2.

11 family members didn't all need to go to the hospital to help one woman give birth.

yep, as if we needed anothewr reminder of how awful childbirth is and how it should be cast into the shadfows
[doublepost=1518390669,1518390549][/doublepost]
When my neighbor had a baby, her husband took their daughter and me (both 10 or 12) to see Bridge on the River Kwai. It was a good movie. I'd watched tons of war movies, because that's what my dad liked when wrestling wasn't on. :rolleyes:

Great movie

Bruce Campbells fav

Sort of weird with him being 52 and the supposed wife being 38. The 14 year old must have been another daughter. This is starting to sound like the Turpins, Vol 2.

Aaaand that was gonna be my comment....

Smells like Turpin Time.....
[doublepost=1518400099,1518399976][/doublepost]

Great. Now I am whistling that song.....thanks for the ear worm!!!

I think the wife was 28, not 38...
From @Satanica 's link - "Orange paint and skid marks is all that’s left of an accident that killed three generations of family members from the same car."
3 generations implies that the 52 year old driver (male) may not have been the dad of the unborn babies, but being a demonite, I'm assuming his wife and daughter were both pregnant at the same time!

Back