• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Family members of a man who murdered his ex daughter-in-law and her friend before shooting himself at a Delaware courthouse in 2013 have been found guilty of cyberstalking that eventually led to the double murder-suicide, a jury found Friday.

The first of its kind verdict comes more than two years after Thomas Matusiewicz lay in wait at the New Castle County Courthouse to murder his son’s former wife, Christine Belford, and her friend, Laura Mulford. Jurors found that David Matusiewicz, his mom, Lenore and his sister, Amy Gonzalez, used the Internet to stalk Belford, David’s former wife, during an ongoing custody dispute in the years before the slayings.

Authorities believed the family members knew of 69-year-old Thomas Matusiewicz’s plan

[…]

“It is an unprecedented verdict. It is the first of its kind in the country,” Delaware’s U.S. Attorney Charles Oberly III told reporters. “I just hope there is some sense of justice for the family.”

Belford was awarded full custody of the three young daughters she shared with David when, in 2007, he kidnapped the girls and took them to Nicaragua for 18 months. David had forged Belford's signature on a loan form before he disappeared with their kids.

David was convicted of kidnapping in 2009, and Thomas Matusiewicz was apparently convinced Belford was an poor mother who was mistreating his grandchildren.

The family claimed Belford, 39, had sexually abused the oldest girl, a claim the child, now 13, denied under oath.

David Matusiewicz lost parental rights in 2011.

All three family members face up to life in prison on the conviction. None showed emotion as the verdict was read, though Gonzalez began to cry as the jury left the room, according to the Associated Press.

[…]

“Domestic violence takes many forms - from psychological and emotional abuse, to physical violence and even murder … What began here as group-based, digital domestic violence escalated into two murder,” the prosecutors wrote in a statement to the AP. “... We hope that today’s verdict brings a sense of justice and peace to everyone impacted by these crimes.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...rder-suicide-del-court-jury-article-1.2288089

Fucking people...half of life is mastering the art of losing gracefully. Some people don't know how...like this guy...Only cares about winning...even if winning means blowing your brains out at the end of the game. You won man...a face full of lead, title of worst grandpa ever....congratulations.

Well I guess we know where the husband got his douchetastic attitude from.

Belford was awarded full custody of the three young daughters she shared with David when, in 2007, he kidnapped the girls and took them to Nicaragua for 18 months. David had forged Belford's signature on a loan form before he disappeared with their kids.

David was convicted of kidnapping in 2009, and Thomas Matusiewicz was apparently convinced Belford was an poor mother who was mistreating his grandchildren.

So... your son kidnaps his kids and takes them out of the country for more than a year, after forging his ex' signature... but you thought SHE was the bad parent? Fucking hell And you murdered a stranger who had nothing to do with this. I wish I believed in hell so I could be confident in your current locale.

I wish people would take 5 minutes for some honest introspection every once in a while, maybe they'd clue in to why they're in the situations they find themselves in. But why do that when you can just continue on thinking it's all on other people and harass them instead? Now those kids are left with a murdered mom and a paternal family full of fuck ups and assholes. I'm sure they're so much better off now.

Last edited:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/25/delaware-courthouse-shooting-family/1945261/

David Matusiewicz and his parents were close. He introduced them to Belford at a dinner for his 31st birthday, shortly after the couple began dating in 1998.
[...]

When their second daughter was 2 months old, her husband's parents moved in unexpectedly. Tom Matusiewicz was then a postal worker, and his wife worked with the disabled. They'd sold their home in Bridgeton, N.J., and needed somewhere to stay until they found one in Delaware.

Having them in the same house overwhelmed the new stay-at-home mother. After 10 months, she asked them to leave. They bought a home near Smyrna, Del., but remained fixtures at their son's home.

Belford said David Matusiewicz adamantly refused to let anyone but his parents babysit the girls.
[...]

Psychologist Samuel Romirowsky, who conducted the evaluations, found that Belford — despite a history of depression — sought family unity and showed no signs of being a threat to her children. The report, which Belford gave to The News Journal in 2008, stated she hoped to eventually "restore their marriage."

In his custody report, the judge referenced Romirowsky's opinion that David Matusiewicz was suffering from stress, anxiety, depression, and was "at risk of losing touch with reality."

The court awarded joint custody. The girls would live with their father but spend every other weekend with Belford and have visits during the week.

Thomas and Lenore Matusiewicz slammed the ruling, arguing that Romirowsky didn't know Belford like they did. They had lived with her.
[...]

David Matusiewicz quietly sold his optometry business. He forged Belford's signature to obtain a $249,000 bank letter of credit. His mother bought a 33-foot Winnebago.

On Aug. 26, 2007, they picked up the three girls, telling Belford they would spend two weeks at Disney World.
[...]

While the girls were missing, Belford's father said he didn't trust David Matusiewicz and especially didn't trust Thomas Matusiewicz.

"That's the guy I'm afraid of. He's just nuts. He's one of those guys — big, rough, strong as an ox," Jim Belford said in a 2008 interview.

"He said to my daughter, 'I'm an old man, and I got a problem with my brain. I don't care who I take out because I'm not going to live that long.' She said, 'I got to get out of that house.' The things that Dave and he said to her: 'I'll bury you, and they'll never find a body.'"

Federal marshals caught up with the missing children, their father and grandmother in the tiny Nicaraguan village of Catalina in March 2009. They had parked the Winnebago, now filthy, on a barren lot and called themselves the Blanco family.

They had told the girls that their mother had killed herself.
[...]

In court, David Matusiewicz claimed Christine Belford had sexually abused one or more of the girls. That's why he and his mother took them, he said. His ex-wife denied the allegations.

When sentencing David Matusiewicz in 2010, U.S. District Court Chief Judge Gregory M. Sleet noted the children's father neither raised the alleged abuse in the custody case nor reported it to civilian or criminal authorities.
[...]

With David Matusiewicz in prison, his parents appealed to the Delaware Division of Youth and Family Services. Like David Matusiewicz, they emphasized the unsubstantiated claim of abuse.

They walked away feeling the system had failed them. How? By not responding to claims of abuse you made AFTER your family kidnapped the children and stole them away to another country to live in a barren land in a filthy trailer? Yeah... go fuck yourselves.
[...]

Thomas and Lenore Matusiewicz's own lawyer quit abruptly in February 2011, telling the court his clients were ignoring his advice and hurting their cases. They also had failed to pay him for his work. I'm shocked, absolutely shocked at this revelation.
[...]

"We've lost or spent over a million dollars trying to get our granddaughters to safety, and now there is no money left, and they are still in the custody of their mother (who has been in the care of someone in the mental health profession for over 20 years)!" Lenore Matusiewicz wrote.

How the hell does an entire family lose their collective shit like this? Even the sister... who has a different last name, which leads me to assume that she's married and should have her own damned life to deal with.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...rt-papers-show-matusiewicz-hit-list/10106577/

Just over a year before her death, Christine Belford warned about the Matusiewicz family's potential to violently lash out, specifically mentioning the man who would later shoot her to death at the New Castle County Courthouse: estranged father-in-law Thomas Matusiewicz.

"Tom is an excellent shot. I have seen him," she wrote in an email to her attorney in November 2011.
[...]

Those fears also apparently proved correct. According to court papers filed last month, investigators recovered what appeared to be a hit list from the vehicle Tom Matusiewicz was driving on Feb. 11, 2013.

"The first name on the list was Belford's," according to federal prosecutors, in court papers.

The other dozen or so names on the list are all blanked out in the court filing but prosecutors state in a brief that the names include "lawyers, judges and witnesses involved in David and Lenore Matustiewicz's prior kidnapping cases, as well as prior Family Court custody and termination of parental rights proceedings."

The judge who oversaw the federal kidnapping and bank fraud case against David Matusiewicz, and sentenced him to four years in prison in 2009, was Chief U.S. District Court Judge Gregory M. Sleet.

The News Journal has learned, through interviews with sources who have firsthand knowledge, that Sleet and at least one of Matusiewicz's lawyers are on the list.
[...]

In interviews and videos posted online before her arrest, Lenore Matusiewicz maintained that her husband acted erratically and irrationally due to a brain tumor. So wtf is the excuse for your and your spawns' behaviour then?
[...]

The SUV was parked across King Street from the courthouse in the garage underneath the Renaissance Centre. According to the recent court filing, other items recovered in the SUV included: a computer, a photo of one of Belford's children and the note "please copy & send to Dave! :) Love you all!!!! Remember shhhhhhh!!! LOL" and a black duffel bag in the hatch-back area containing a bullet proof vest, ammunition, an electric shock device, knives, plastic zip restraints and the red notebook.

Inside the notebook were handwritten notes about David's criminal kidnapping case; his Family Court case with Belford; phone numbers and addresses of people associated with Belford; real estate listing documents for Belford's home with notes indicating which rooms were occupied by the children and the "HL" list of a dozen or so names.

On the list, Belford was identified by the code "WB," which prosecutors wrote, "stood for a derogatory name that the defendants and Thomas Matusiewicz used for her."
[...]

One of the reasons that Belford apparently feared for her life is that she felt David Matusiewicz had threatened her life previously. In the recent court filing, prosecutors include a redacted version of a letter David Matusiewicz wrote to Judge Sleet before the 2009 kidnapping sentencing.

Matusiewicz acknowledged he made a "wrong" decision in kidnapping his three children and taking them to Central America, but he also still blamed Belford.

"She was an expert at manipulating people and even had me arrested by telling the police I was having a nervous breakdown and had threatened to kill her," he wrote.

Prosecutors also include excerpts from a separate letter to Sleet, written around the same time, by Lenore Matusiewicz who maintained that Belford was a threat to the children. She described Belford as "the next Andrea Yates, Susan Smith [two women who had mental issues and killed their children]… she can snap at any time."
This poor woman gets tormented by the crazy fucks for years, knows she and anyone involved in her case is in dire peril, and all her attempts to protect herself and her family is for naught.

http://news.yahoo.com/emergency-sentencing-court-gunmans-widow-204103341.html?nf=1

The ailing widow of a man who killed his former daughter-in-law at a Delaware courthouse was sentenced Friday to life in prison on federal cyberstalking charges.

Lenore Matusiewicz, 69, learned her fate while lying in a bed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.

A federal judge scheduled the emergency sentencing after attorneys agreed it needed to take place in the hospital to ensure that Matusiewicz receives essential medical care.

Her son, David Matusiewicz, told The Associated Press in an email last week that he had been told his mother had only three to six months left to live. He didn't say why.

Prosecutors are also seeking life sentences for David Matusiewicz and Gonzalez, who will be sentenced Thursday.

"I have to note that in practical purposes, even the lightest sentence that I could impose on Mrs. Matusiewicz, given her current age and her current medical condition, would for all practical purposes amount to a life sentence," Judge Gerald McHugh said before sentencing her.

Lenore Matusiewicz was taken to the hospital on Jan. 31. According to the judge, doctors have said her medical needs cannot be met at the federal detention center in Philadelphia, and that she needs to be transferred to a medical facility administered by the Bureau of Prisons..

Lenore Matusiewicz told McHugh on Friday that her husband always told her she was too good, and that he had to find a way to bring her down or make her look bad.

"Obviously, he did," she said.

"I don't know why he did what he did," Matusiewicz added. "He hated the fact that Christine didn't love David, she only loved his money, and that she didn't love their children. ... As part of his decision to kill Christine, he never told any of us about that. He just did it, and that was the way he was. ... He just did what he did, and none of us knew what was coming."

But McHugh said he agreed with prosecutors that the nature and circumstance of the crimes committed by Matusiewicz were very serious, and that her family instilled "very real" fear in Belford and her daughters.

Last edited:
I don't know why he did what he did," Matusiewicz added. "He hated the fact that Christine didn't love David, she only loved his money, and that she didn't love their children. ... As part of his decision to kill Christine, he never told any of us about that. He just did it, and that was the way he was. ... He just did what he did, and none of us knew what was coming."

Way to take a few more stabs at your DEAD ex DIL and try to blame her for your husband being a murderous nutbag.

Cunt.

And no. I have no sympathy for her health predicament. Not a bit.

Life! They got Life! :)

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/family-members-sentenced-life-prison-u-cyberstalking-case-091901794.html
A U.S. man and his sister were sentenced to life in prison on Thursday for cyberstalking that led to the shooting death of the man's former wife and her friend in a Delaware courthouse lobby ahead of a contentious child custody hearing.

David Matusiewicz, his sister Amy Gonzalez and his mother Lenore were convicted in U.S. District Court in Delaware last July of cyberstalking resulting in death, the first successful application of federal law on the offense, prosecutors said. They were also found guilty of conspiracy.

Matusiewicz and Gonzalez were sentenced to life by U.S. District Judge Gerald McHugh on Thursday, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Delaware said. Matusiewicz's mother was sentenced to life at her bedside last week at Jefferson Medical Center in Philadelphia, federal prosecutors said.

"This ground-breaking prosecution and investigation shows people who actively take part in planning crimes, even though they don't pull the trigger, will be held accountable," said Kevin Perkins, special agent in charge of the FBI in Delaware.

Last edited:
Wow - those poor kids. Every person who was to love them and look our for them - gone. I hope they find strength to become really great people who contribute to this world. They have a lot to overcome, but I think they can do it.

"This ground-breaking prosecution and investigation shows people who actively take part in planning crimes, even though they don't pull the trigger, will be held accountable," said Kevin Perkins, special agent in charge of the FBI in Delaware.

Umm.. Has that not always been the case? I believe they even have a term for it. Something like "aiding and abetting"? I guess it's groundbreaking in the cyber aspect of it, but... it's not much different than had they found written harassment letters, except that cyber-writings are way easier to find and trace.

ETA:

Awesome.
They deserve every damn minute too. Fucking assholes. This was a mother, a daughter, a friend they murdered becoz....?
Still haven't figured that one out. This is why the internet can be such a dangerous thing.
Oh and them damn share if you love Jesus posts.
I wish we could spread some virus or something online that would take any "Share if you love Jesus" and alter it to "Share if you love to brag about loving Jesus! Which would probably piss Jesus off!" automatically.

Last edited:
The widow of a man who killed his former daughter-in-law at aDelaware courthouse has died behind bars while serving a life sentence on federal cyberstalking charges.

The Bureau of Prisons website says seventy-one-year-old Lenore Matusiewicz died May 6. Her brother, Tom Kula, said Monday that he was notified of her death May 7.

An emergency sentencing was held for Matusiewicz in February as she lay gravely ill at a Philadelphia hospital.
LINK

Sadness after sadness.
How sad.

No amount of therapy for the kids is going to cure this vacuum.

Latest posts

Back