• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Clerk Joseph Orlando Found Dead, Co Worker Brenna Machus Abducted

vomww7.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich. -

Dearborn Family Dollar surveillance 3 Dearborn police believe a man on store surveillance video is a suspect in the shooting death of 20-year-old Joseph Orlando and the abduction of his 20-year-old co-worker Brenna Machus.
The video shows the man walk into the store about 7:30 p.m. Monday with his face covered. He was dressed in all black -- with blue jeans and white shoes -- when he entered the store on Michigan Avenue.
The man picked up a shopping cart on his way in. Investigators believe a short time after the video was taken the man shot and killed Orlando before abducting Machus, who is the assistant store manager.
[....]
Co-workers found the store trashed Tuesday morning. They then found Orlando's body and called police.

"We're gonna get to the bottom of this and we're going to leave no stone unturned," said Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad. "I'm going to throw every resource the Dearborn police has behind this crime and we'll bring the person or persons to justice on this."
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...tion/-/1719418/21004324/-/9pbh1p/-/index.html
33484kj.jpg
Clerk Joseph Orlando Found Dead, Co Worker Brenna Brenna Machus Abducted​

Dearborn dollar store employee killed, co-worker abducted, still missing after apparent robbery
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...bery/-/1719418/21002948/-/d44eiu/-/index.html

Video: Store surveillance of suspect at Dearborn Family Dollar
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...llar/-/1719418/21004208/-/itdghz/-/index.html

This came to mind as soon as I saw this today but they are 196 miles apart
Jessica Heeringa Disappeared From Late Night Shift at Gas Station, Police Asking For
http://www.dreamindemon.com/forums/...-Night-Shift-at-Gas-Station-Police-Asking-For

Let this be some really bad plan where she is in on this and isn't hurt. Some kind of dumbass Natural Born Killers/Bonnie and Clyde shit where her and a friend planned a robbery and faked her abduction to throw the heat off them. So, just maybe she has a chance at being alright.

I know it isn't a likely scenario but it's something.

These types of scenarios are the very reason why I quit working retail. I was spending at least half of every shift I worked absolutely alone in the store, it should be against the law to have only one or two people who are defenseless against a bad guy with a weapon.

Some of the stores I worked in were set alone in strip malls where most everything else had already gone out of business, no one could hear you scream for help.

I hope the families of victims would sue the companies for putting their workers in a dangerous situation, but I'm sure that wouldn't help make the job safer.

shes still missing
they had her family and Josephs grand dad on all day on the news crying and begging for them to just drop her off anyplace
no questions asked

Dearborn, MI – I haven’t seen a lot of news reporting on this, but police are looking Brenna Kathleen Machus, a Dollar Store employee who hasn’t been seen since her co-worker was shot dead inside the store*Monday night.
Detectives believe Machus was abducted from the store after her co-worker, Joseph Orlando, was shot. His body was found by staff on Tuesday morning when they arrived to open for the day and found his body. They also found the store was in disarray and someone had targeted the cash drawer as well as the store safe.
What they did not find was 20-year-old Machus, although her car was found outside in the parking lot. Police reviewed surveillance footage inside the store that captured a suspect dressed in a dark hooded jacket, blue jeans and white shoes, as he entered the store at around 7.30 p.m. on Monday.
Despite the heat, he is wearing a jacket with a hooded sweatshirt over his head and drawn to cover the majority of his face.…

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

"Read the full Front Page article..."

I hope they catch the motherfucker who did this. I am just so enraged at the senseless loss of life here. How much if anything was taken from the store? No amount of money is worth throwing your life away but I guess some people don't see things the same.

Family Dollar murders: Man arrested on unrelated charges being questioned

DEARBORN, Mich. (WJBK) -
Just after 3 p.m. Friday afternoon, Fox 2 started receiving tips from viewers about an arrest at a car wash on 6000 block of Greenfield in Detroit.

They said Dearborn police rushed in and took a man into custody. Workers confirmed the arrest.

Fox 2 has learned the suspect was arrested on unrelated charges, but is being questioned about the Family Dollar double murder.

"We're following up on a lot of leads, but we're still asking for the public's help. We're partnering with local and federal law enforcement, and all our resources are into this right now," said Dearborn Police Lieutenant Douglas Topolski.

[....]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...ned-about-family-dollar-murders#ixzz2ZYf57IWP

well lets hope it is him. They don't pay those people enough to risk their lives, Im sure they had surveillance cameras all over the place and even outside.

You are so right about that, not enough money, not enough hours, just treading water until you can get to your second and third job. He probably made minimum with only 10-20 hours a week and the assistant manager probably got a $1.00 over minimum and worked 30-35 hours weekly. Never enough money to risk your life, it's scary in the small towns I worked in and I would be terrified to work in a large town with a high crime rate. There will be a retail revolution one day and it's not going to be pretty.

theres also some really good pics at this link

[....]
Her father, Jamie Machus, suggested that his daughter could have known the attacker as she had been receiving threatening messages, he said.

'They don't think robbery was a motive,' he told My Fox Detroit. 'There was some type of an altercation out behind her store. She went out back to find out what was going on, and they believe that's when she was abducted.'

He added: 'One guy in particular kept making threatening Facebook messages to her. This kid used to come in and harass her at the store, and she'd have to ask him to leave or whatever because he was stoned.

But he said he had looked at the surveillance footage and did not recognize the man caught on camera.

[....]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-20-abducted-deadly-dollar-store-heist.html

The FD and DG stores around here don't close at night until 9pm, why is it that they were killed and kidnapped around 7:30 and no one found them until the next morning? I'm sure the bad guy didn't take the time to lock up the door, so what happened there? If the doors weren't locked I would be expecting someone to walk in and find the store empty of clerks and doing either one of two things, calling 911, or trying to clean the place out!

My opinions of these small stores with a skeleton crew is not very good, especially when such young, promising people are killed running them.

They had surveillance tape of the suspect going in - is there no video of him leaving?

no because she was abducted from outside in the alley
[....]
They don't think robbery was a motive,' he told My Fox Detroit. 'There was some type of an altercation out behind her store. She went out back to find out what was going on, and they believe that's when she was abducted.'

He added: 'One guy in particular kept making threatening Facebook messages to her. This kid used to come in and harass her at the store, and she'd have to ask him to leave or whatever because he was stoned.
[...]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-deadly-dollar-store-heist.html#ixzz2ZpV8j5tZ

Thanks, Whisp - I wonder why he grabbed a shopping cart, that's on the video - it shows him walking past, then coming back to grab a shopping cart. So he wouldn't have to carry her out? That's sick, I can't believe I even thought that.

Shouldn't there be cameras in the alley as well as the front door? And who robs a Dollar Store? What kind of money will you get, $300 in dollar bills? Very curious, since her family didn't ID him as the guy who was harassing her on FB.

The most dangerous job to have - around here anyway - isn't cop or firefighter, it's 24-hr convenience store clerk. They are always hiring, and it's no wonder, they don't last long in those positions, one way or another. :(

Shouldn't there be cameras in the alley as well as the front door? And who robs a Dollar Store? What kind of money will you get, $300 in dollar bills?:(

You might be surprised at the amount of money a little store like that can take in a day. I have mainly worked at Dollar Generals in small towns but we could get as much as $2000 in a regular day and on a holiday like Christmas $5000 in a day. But they didn't take any money, and without someone to open the safe trying to steal it is stupid, it's attached to metal rods sunk about 6 feet into concrete and without a bomb, I really don't think you're going to get very far.

I cannot imagine why the assistant manager went outside to the alley at dusk or dark to check out a disturbance, that is dangerous and she more than likely knew that, so she may have known who was out there and didn't fear them. Most of the time those stores are set up with the loading dock out back and nothing else except the back doors and loading docks of other stores, if there are any others.

The most dangerous job to have - around here anyway - isn't cop or firefighter, it's 24-hr convenience store clerk. They are always hiring, and it's no wonder, they don't last long in those positions, one way or another. :(

My mother was a manager of a BP in my small hometown. They were open 24 hours, but after 10pm all business was conducted through a drawer in front. The glass around the place was all ballistic plexi or whatever. She had a guy try to rob her through the window with a shotgun one night. She laughed and gave him the finger, thanfully the gun was loaded with buckshot and not slugs.

My mother was a manager of a BP in my small hometown. They were open 24 hours, but after 10pm all business was conducted through a drawer in front. The glass around the place was all ballistic plexi or whatever. She had a guy try to rob her through the window with a shotgun one night. She laughed and gave him the finger, thanfully the gun was loaded with buckshot and not slugs.

its the same when I go and buy gas in Detroit (which I rarely do anymore)

That's smart, to do business like a bank through bulletproof glass - but big cojones on your mom for laughing at the guy and flipping him off! LOL

its the same when I go and buy gas in Detroit (which I rarely do anymore)

Whisp, why do you go there for gas, is it that much cheaper in Detroit? They're bankrupt, FFS, they should be slashing prices! From what I've heard from you, I think you should stick to buying locally.

That's smart, to do business like a bank through bulletproof glass - but big cojones on your mom for laughing at the guy and flipping him off! LOL
Whisp, why do you go there for gas, is it that much cheaper in Detroit? They're bankrupt, FFS, they should be slashing prices! From what I've heard from you, I think you should stick to buying locally.
I havent gone over lately but over there right now gas is between $4.02 & $4.13
here its $5.32 so if Detr wasnt so bad I would be driving over
although they add crap to theirs and smells like shit
Not all of them
but you can tell here when your driving and spell crap that someone around you has been over and filled up

I havent gone over lately but over there right now gas is between $4.02 & $4.13
here its $5.32 so if Detr wasnt so bad I would be driving over
although they add crap to theirs and smells like shit
Not all of them
but you can tell here when your driving and spell crap that someone around you has been over and filled up

That's HIGH! Our average here is around $3.49-$3.59/gallon, usually a few cents higher on weekends but not by that much! Is your $5.32 Canadian or U.S.? (sorry, totally off topic!)

Man faces multiple charges in Dearborn Family Dollar murders

Brenna Machus, Joe Orlando killed last week; 34-year-old man in custody, arraigned on murder charges
md1thk.jpg
Lavere Bryant​
DEARBORN, Mich. -
Dearborn murder copy Dearborn police have a 34-year-old man in custody for the murders of two Family Dollar employees.

Lavere Bryant, of Dearborn, was charged Wednesday afternoon with two counts of first degree murder, two counts of felony murder, one count of unlawful imprisonment, one count of armed robbery, felon in a possession of a firearm and felony firearm.

Local 4 has learned Bryant has several prior convictions.
"The members of this department worked tirelessly and around the clock in an exemplary fashion to bring closure to this case in the finest tradition of delivering superior public service and earning the public's trust every day in everything we do," said Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad in a statement released Wednesday.
[....]
At the time of the crime, police had released a 17-second surveillance video of a person of interest waving his arm as he entered the store Monday night with a hood over his head. His face isn't clear in the video.

Police say that man was Bryant. Investigators say tips started pouring in after the surveillance images were made public.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ers/-/1719418/21144336/-/1vtgh4z/-/index.html
2d2br48.jpg

Last edited:
Woohoo!
I was sincerely hoping they would come across who did this. Not that it matters but I wonder how much he got away with? Coz that's the cost he paid to ruin countless lives. I bet now he realizes it wasn't worth it.
Throw him in a pit and piss on him!

Latest posts

Back