• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoods

Trusted Member
2h6t7w4.jpg

Kenneth Williams
The lawyer of a convicted killer who was put to death by lethal injection Thursday has demanded an investigation after his client repeatedly convulsed during the "horrifying" execution.

Media witnesses reported "coughing, convulsing, lurching, jerking" for a 10 to 20 second period during the execution of Kenneth Williams at the Cummins Unit, where the Arkansas death chamber is housed.

[...]

"This is the most I've seen an inmate move three or four minutes in," said Associated Press reporter Kelly Kissel, who witnessed his tenth execution Thursday night.

Kissel explained that Williams "lurched" 15 times in quick succession, followed by five slower lurches, three minutes after the sedative midazolam was introduced.

Kissel said two other witnesses from local media organizations, Donna Terrell of Fox 16 and Knowles Adkisson of the Pine Bluff Commercial, agreed with his assessment and also said that Williams could be heard after the microphone to the death chamber was turned off.

Williams' attorney called for an investigation and called the descriptions "horrifying."

"This is very disturbing, but not at all surprising, given the history of the risky sedative midazolam, which has been used in many botched executions," said Shawn Nolan, an attorney who had taken up Williams case two weeks prior to the execution.

State officials pushed back against the allegations that the execution might have been "botched" and allegations it did not follow the protocol.

[...]

"The executions were carried out in accordance with those protocols in the four, there was not any indication of pain — which was an objective and concern that had been expressed by the defense lawyers."

"I see no reason for any investigation other than the routine that is done after every execution," he said.

Earlier, J.R. Davis, spokesman for Hutchinson, described the lurches as "involuntary muscular reaction to the midazolam." Though he had not witnessed the execution, he said the medical community supported the drug's safe use and that this reaction did not mean the procedure had been painful.

"We tried over and over again to get the state to comport with their own protocol to avoid torturing our client to death, and yet reports from the execution witnesses indicate that Mr. Williams suffered during this execution," Nolan said in a statement.

"Any amount of movement he might've had was far less than any of his victims," said Jodie Efird, one of the victim's daughters who attended the execution.

Williams had been serving a life sentence for the Dec. 1998 murder of a University of an Arkansas-Pine Bluff cheerleader. Then 20, the inmate escaped after only serving a month at the Cummins Unit by hiding inside a barrel of pig slop that a garbage truck had removed from the prison grounds.

The former gang member shot and killed Cecil Boren, stole his truck, led police on a high-speed pursuit and killed another man, Michael Greenwood, in a resulting car accident.

A jury sentenced Williams to death for the 1999 murder of Boren, a 57-year-old former warden of the prison where Williams was executed.

Williams in a statement apologized to the families of his victims.

"I was more than wrong. The crimes I perpetrated against you all was senseless, extremely hurtful and inexcusable. I humbly beg your forgiveness and pray you find the peace, healing and closure you all deserve," Williams, who calls himself a preacher, said in the statement.

[...]
For Williams' last meal, he asked for the sacrament of communion to be provided by his spiritual adviser.

[...]

The Greenwood family asked for his life to be spared, but other victim families do contend that this execution is the only way for their loss to be fully punctuated. The Boren family wanted the execution to be carried out.

Don't they all find Christ whilst in prison? :rolleyes: So he was a 'preacher' now, was he? I wonder if would have become a preacher if he wasn't arrested for a brutal murder and attempted murder, (and confessed to another murder during the time he murdered Dominique), escaped prison, killed two more people and was arrested again and sentenced to death. Ummmm...no?

What Kenneth Williams did to land on death row

20zbhtw.jpg

Murder victim Dominique Hurd, 19. Williams kidnapped the University of Arkansas cheerleader and her friend, driving them to several ATM's to get money. He then shot them execution style in a field. Peter Robertson survived, Dominique did not.

Williams heckled Hurd's family after receiving a life sentence for her murder, reminding them as he left the courtroom that he wouldn't die for the murder.

4segw7.jpg

Williams managed to escape prison and broke into a home, where he killed Arkansas farmer, Cecil Boren, 57. Cecil's wife Genie was at church. Williams drug Cecil outside, shot him six times, and stole his car.

2i1357m.jpg

Williams then took off to Missouri in Boren's car where he killed 24 year old Michael Greenwood in a traffic accident. He later spat on the body of 24-year-old Michael Greenwood, who died when Williams crashed Boren's truck into a water truck Greenwood was driving near Urbana, Mo., during a high-speed police chase.

Williams also confessed to killing Jerrell Jenkins, 36, on the same day he killed Dominique Hurd.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/le...th-williams-4th-lethal-injection-week-n752086
http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2017/apr/28/williams-death-row-good-deeds-vied-with/?news-arkansas

Last edited:
Sedated and knowing full well
why.

His victims didnt have a choice.
His actions killed them and his own actions got himself killed.
Good riddance.

His movements were probably involuntary muscular reactions anyway. His death was quite peaceful compared to the horrific, drawn out, and terrifying deaths of his many victims. Classy how he taunted one murder victim's family and spat on the body of another. Quite the man of God, wasn't he?

Last edited:
If he is dead it was hardly botched.
Did he suffer, yeah likely.
Fucks given...zero.

why do people care so much about someone like this? smh He didn't deserve a nice n go to sleep peacefully death

Fuck him.
I hope he was terrified as he slipped away.
He got off easy compared to his victims and as far as I am concerned he got off easy.
A bullet to the head is a cheaper alternative. Messier but cheaper.

This is the most I've seen an inmate move three or four minutes in,"
This what i dont understand.
3 or 4 minutes in?
It should take only seconds.
Plunger it in and its over.

This dripping it in tiny bits by tiny bits does invite body reflexes.
Plunger it and get er done.

Kenneth Williams
my thought on this and when they executed that one dude here in Ok and all this type of bru ha ha started coming up by lawyers protesting the criminals not dying easy is look at what they did to get on death row and actually be executed. Every one of these pieces of garbage treated their victims allot worse and don't deserve to die a good death. In this type of instances I am all for going back to old school tribal of the same deaths given their victims. I feel first proven really guilty s there is an issue with some corrupt prosecutors and le members to make a case then let them meet Cain as it were. They are a waste of tax payers money time and space. Like the two that murdered that woman and her two daughters and tried t murder the husband that managed to escape they deserve no sympathy special food or much acknowledgement on them finding their God of choice as they sure dd;t give that benefit to their innocent victims

They need to put these monsters, like this guy, where there is absolutely no arguing that he didn't do what he is charged with, and put them in a 20 foot deep hole, with no escape, and let the family of the people he killed, snipe at them with high powered rifles until someone finally puts him out of everybody's misery.

Minimum sniping time is one hour, so he has to run and hide and cower for at least one hour before they put him down like the dirty murdering dog he is. They'd pray to get the injection, no matter how much they jerk and moan.

Minimum sniping time is one hour, so he has to run and hide and cower for at least one hour before they put him down like the dirty murdering dog he is. They'd pray to get the injection, no matter how much they jerk and moan.
case here the dude had home invaded tortured and then molested then the one woman sodomized and buried alive so my sympathy knee jerk for him was nonexistent and my attacks on those that whined about his discomfort kinda epic

Yep, let's torture people to death and become just as bad as them. Not to mention how many innocent people go away, and even get put on death row. So when we torture an innocent person to death, what will we be once we find out that person was innocent? What happens to this guy isn't just about him. It translates to everyone. (and yes I know I will get endless amounts of shit for this).

@Caligirl90, I do agree with you, That's why I put in the qualifier that I did. There is no question this guy did what they said he did. So I say, let's have at him.
Until we get a better way to make sure every person on death row is guilty, I can't get on board with it. I just can't feel good about torturing someone to death, even guilty people. Don't get me wrong, I won't be losing sleep over this guy. But I also can't be celebrating.

Yep, let's torture people to death and become just as bad as them. Not to mention how many innocent people go away, and even get put on death row. So when we torture an innocent person to death, what will we be once we find out that person was innocent? What happens to this guy isn't just about him. It translates to everyone. (and yes I know I will get endless amounts of shit for this).

I understand what you're saying, and agree with some of it. Innocent people do get convicted and that is a problem. Thankfully with the advances of technology and DNA this is happening less often, and the wrongfully convicted are being released.

It is hyperbole IMO to say he was tortured to death, and I don't think it is fair to Williams' murder victims and their families to insinuate we and they are just as bad as him because he was executed and they wanted retribution.

But, this isn't about a possibly innocent man being executed. If there was a chance this man was innocent I would feel completely different about this. This was a man who was not going to be rehabilitated. He was sentenced to life for murder and robbery (he murdered two and attempted to murder another man but he lived), so he got off easy on that sentence. Then he escaped prison and murdered and killed two more people. He confessed to all of his crimes.

Execution removes the worst of the worst from society. What if he escaped again and killed even more people?

I do understand what you are saying about 'until we are sure every person on death row is guilty you are not on board with it', and I have mixed feelings about it. I am a proponent of the death penalty, but I do not want a possibly innocent person executed either.

I understand what you're saying, and agree with some of it. Innocent people do get convicted and that is a problem. Thankfully with the advances of technology and DNA this is happening less often, and the wrongfully convicted are being released.

It is hyperbole IMO to say he was tortured to death, and I don't think it is fair to Williams' murder victims and their families to insinuate we and they are just as bad as him because he was executed and they wanted retribution.

But, this isn't about a possibly innocent man being executed. If there was a chance this man was innocent I would feel completely different about this. This was a man who was not going to be rehabilitated. He was sentenced to life for murder and robbery (he murdered two and attempted to murder another man but he lived), so he got off easy on that sentence. Then he escaped prison and murdered and killed two more people. He confessed to all of his crimes.

Execution removes the worst of the worst from society. What if he escaped again and killed even more people?

I do understand what you are saying about 'until we are sure every person on death row is guilty you are not on board with it', and I have mixed feelings about it. I am a proponent of the death penalty, but I do not want a possibly innocent person executed either.
Like I said, I'm not going to be losing sleep over this guy. But allowing him to be put to death has consequences outside of just this execution. I'm thinking about it in the big picture. I think inflicting pain, death, and not being able to move is torture. That's not to say that the fear, pain, and death his victims went through wasn't horrible, it was. The sad fact is, like all the other families, these families that think this execution will stop their pain will be wrong. I wish it was that easy to ease the pain and loss they are going through.

This is such a non-story. It's so obvious that the defense attorney is doing his bleeding heart dipshit routine here and trying to make a fuss to stir up support against the DP. It's fucking sickening to have someone lying and embellishing like this. Makes me sick to my god damned stomach. Even in this thread theres discussion over him suffering and why we should care. Wile i understand the desire to talk about such things, the FACT of the matter is, it holds zero pertinence to this story. THe man DID NOT SUFFER, plain and simple, end of story. This is just his attorney taking advantage of a chance to stir the pot.

Arkansas is one of the greatest states in the nation right now doing these executions at this pace. Fucking brilliant, downright beautiful work and some of the most efficient and effect use of gov't resources and planning i've read about in quite some time. The govenor deserves MASSIVE points for this, and sincerely hope the warden and every other official who has made these executions such absolutely FLAWLESS successes is being rewarded handsomely.

Ugh i read the family of one of the victims reached out to this williams asswipes family and actually paid one of his baby mommas flight down to arkansas so his young kid could meet her shit for brains dad .So fucking sickening. #1, no respectable family should WANT a kid to have contact with trash like this. #2, that baby momma no doubt JUST got a sizable income tax return, if a trip like this is something she actually cared about, she woulda used that money towards that rather then putting sweet hubcaps on her car or getting a new tv or blowing it on cigs and alcohol or a new tattoo. Fucking dipshit trash, the lot of em. Sickening.

. I think inflicting pain, death, and not being able to move is torture.

The drugs numb the body and put the person to sleep. There is zero pain, and the lack of movement in the form of restraints is for their own benefit, and the lack of movement via the drugs is simply part of the process and causes no pain. They lose consciousness along with all this. This is more like going down for a medical procedure than some tortorous, horrifying ordeal.

You're so full of shit and so ignorant it's ridiculous

But allowing him to be put to death has consequences outside of just this execution.

No it doesnt.

these families that think this execution will stop their pain will be wrong.

I dont think any family thinks that way. The fuck are you getting this shit?
[doublepost=1493598761,1493598418][/doublepost]hjaha also awesome, i read either this guy or another of the recent executions, the defense attorney asked on behalf of the criminals family if they could have the body and the State told him they no longer had possession of it. Fucking hilarious. I think they objected to his brain being handed over for study. Tools.

This is such a non-story. It's so obvious that the defense attorney is doing his bleeding heart dipshit routine here and trying to make a fuss to stir up support against the DP. It's fucking sickening to have someone lying and embellishing like this. Makes me sick to my god damned stomach. Even in this thread theres discussion over him suffering and why we should care. Wile i understand the desire to talk about such things, the FACT of the matter is, it holds zero pertinence to this story. THe man DID NOT SUFFER, plain and simple, end of story. This is just his attorney taking advantage of a chance to stir the pot.yProof, please. Maybe undergo this "medical procedure" just long enough to be able to be brought back and let us know.
Arkansas is one of the greatest states in the nation right now doing these executions at this pace. Fucking brilliant, downright beautiful work and some of the most efficient and effect use of gov't resources and planning i've read about in quite some time. The govenor deserves MASSIVE points for this, and sincerely hope the warden and every other official who has made these executions such absolutely FLAWLESS successes is being rewarded handsomely.
Yep, let's kill people at a pace where we can just off innocent people! Yeah, go us!

Ugh i read the family of one of the victims reached out to this williams asswipes family and actually paid one of his baby mommas flight down to arkansas so his young kid could meet her shit for brains dad .So fucking sickening. #1, no respectable family should WANT a kid to have contact with trash like this. #2, that baby momma no doubt JUST got a sizable income tax return, if a trip like this is something she actually cared about, she woulda used that money towards that rather then putting sweet hubcaps on her car or getting a new tv or blowing it on cigs and alcohol or a new tattoo. Fucking dipshit trash, the lot of em. Sickening.

Glad you like to talk shit on the victims family. Real classy there jackhole.

The drugs numb the body and put the person to sleep. There is zero pain, and the lack of movement in the form of restraints is for their own benefit, and the lack of movement via the drugs is simply part of the process and causes no pain. They lose consciousness along with all this. This is more like going down for a medical procedure than some tortorous, horrifying ordeal.

Nope. I know how it's done, and what happens and what they feel. Especially with the new drugs they've been using recently.

No it doesnt.

From the families own words dipshit.

Proof, please. Maybe undergo this "medical procedure" just long enough to be able to be brought back and let us know.

Been put under many times for a slew of operations, no big deal whatsoever. Totally painless and not the least bit stressful.

Yep, let's kill people at a pace where we can just off innocent people! Yeah, go us!

The animals Arkansas is putting down have exhausted their appeals, which are plentiful. Those who receive the death sentence are provivided far more opportunities and attention(state paid too) to prove their innocence than anyone else. The criminals here were no exception.

There's a reason these 8 were chosen. These folks had been on death row a while. Arkansas isnt foregoing the established appeal process for those sentenced to death in order to accomplish this glorious work.

Not sure why you're choosing this story to voice your beef about innocents being put down. There's no question of this group of assholes guilt. There's plenty of stories to be going on about unjust convictions, find one of those threads for that. I dont see how it applies here.

Glad you like to talk shit on the victims family. Real classy there jackhole.

They did something stupid. Them being family of a victim has no pertinence when it comes to me criticizing or calling them out for doing something profoundly stupid and pointless. I'm shocked anyone could agree that that was money well spent on their part or that it's a positive thing for some kid to be exposed to such an ordeal or to such a nasty human being.

Been put under many times for a slew of operations, no big deal whatsoever. Totally painless and not the least bit stressful.

It's not the same thing. Talk about being stupid.

The animals Arkansas is putting down have exhausted their appeals, which are plentiful. Those who receive the death sentence are provivided far more opportunities and attention(state paid too) to prove their innocence than anyone else. The criminals here were no exception.

There's a reason these 8 were chosen. These folks had been on death row a while. Arkansas isnt foregoing the established appeal process for those sentenced to death in order to accomplish this glorious work.

Not sure why you're choosing this story to voice your beef about innocents being put down. There's no question of this group of assholes guilt. There's plenty of stories to be going on about unjust convictions, find one of those threads for that. I dont see how it applies here
There have been innocent people on death row who went through all their appeals, and were only granted reprieve after that. This isn't the only thread I've said something like this on, but you're uninformed about so much I shouldn't be surprised you are about this too. This was about the manner of punishment being needlessly cruel, and how it would affect others.

They did something stupid. Them being family of a victim has no pertinence when it comes to me criticizing or calling them out for doing something profoundly stupid and pointless. I'm shocked anyone could agree that that was money well spent on their part or that it's a positive thing for some kid to be exposed to such an ordeal or to such a nasty human being.
If it gave the family peace of mind, it was money well spent.

This is such a non-story. It's so obvious that the defense attorney is doing his bleeding heart dipshit routine here and trying to make a fuss to stir up support against the DP. It's fucking sickening to have someone lying and embellishing like this. Makes me sick to my god damned stomach. Even in this thread theres discussion over him suffering and why we should care. Wile i understand the desire to talk about such things, the FACT of the matter is, it holds zero pertinence to this story. THe man DID NOT SUFFER, plain and simple, end of story. This is just his attorney taking advantage of a chance to stir the pot.

No it doesnt.

[doublepost=1493598761,1493598418][/doublepost]hjaha also awesome, i read either this guy or another of the recent executions, the defense attorney asked on behalf of the criminals family if they could have the body and the State told him they no longer had possession of it. Fucking hilarious. I think they objected to his brain being handed over for study. Tools.

I love you:cheers::hug:

Like I said, I'm not going to be losing sleep over this guy. But allowing him to be put to death has consequences outside of just this execution. I'm thinking about it in the big picture. I think inflicting pain, death, and not being able to move is torture. That's not to say that the fear, pain, and death his victims went through wasn't horrible, it was. The sad fact is, like all the other families, these families that think this execution will stop their pain will be wrong. I wish it was that easy to ease the pain and loss they are going through.
I dont see it as stopping or easing the pain of of victims families.
I see it as stopping the monster.
Im not at all on board with the death penalty as it is. I wish it was swifter and less costly.
If there is any question that someone could be innocent, then lwop is the best option. Guilty supported by 100% proof. Then yeah put them to death. The method drugs currently being used in the manner they are being used invites body reflexes. Plunger it in already.
This slow timed administering is the problem.

Edit
I cant help but wonder if you would feel differently if this monster did escspe and killed one of your loved ones.
;)

Last edited:
So the man convulsed for 3 minuites during his lethal injection, big deal!!!
I remember when the gas chamber, the electric chair, and firing squads were popular. Some states allowed the convicted to choose their manner of demise and hanging was on the list.
Now, the few states that offer the death penalty choose to use "Lethal Injection," so the murderer can drift off quietly in their sleep.
It's crap!!!
I have no sympathy for these crimimals. Many times their victims were tortured for hours, sometimes days, and weeks before death.
So what, if they have convulsions!!!
They give them anesthesia before the killing dose is administered, they are made as comfortable as possible. And that is a courtesy that was never extended to the victims.

I'm not in favor of the state intentionally trying to make the inmate death torturous (even though I might feel they deserve it), but that's not what happened here or other cases like it.

Edit
I cant help but wonder if you would feel differently if this monster did escspe and killed one of your loved ones.
;)
I'm going to ignore that smiley face that makes it seem like you wish for that to happen to me. But I have had to choose if I wanted the DA to see DP or LWOP. I voiced that I wanted LWOP, and yes it killed me and still does. I don't like the idea that instead of having better prisons so people can't so easily escape, that we should just kill everyone instead. This guy was a sack of shit. However, we have to look at everyone.

I'm going to ignore that smiley face that makes it seem like you wish for that to happen to me. But I have had to choose if I wanted the DA to see DP or LWOP. I voiced that I wanted LWOP, and yes it killed me and still does. I don't like the idea that instead of having better prisons so people can't so easily escape, that we should just kill everyone instead. This guy was a sack of shit. However, we have to look at everyone.
I didnt and dont know your personal story. Sorry uf you took it as that i know about your life story because i dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back