• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Snoods

Trusted Member
24m9qhx.jpg

2u7szty.jpg

Leo Josephs, 3 months old

2rcbpy9.jpg

Wah...wahhhh!!! He killed Leo for crying, can we kill him?

Another dead twin. :( Thank goodness Leo's twin sister remained in the hospital until after his death. If Dad couldn't handle one baby, what would he have done with two? He only received 15 fucking years! Why are the deaths of small children treated like they don't really count?

SHOCKER! Are you sitting down? The baby's mother, Julia Josephs, who had recently given birth, was at work while deadbeat dad stayed at home and abused his newborn baby. They were living rent free in a house with nine other adults and other children.

Leo had severe bruises and dozens of broken bones, he must have screamed bloody murder 24/7. I know I would. I can't imagine the pain he was in, especially when someone picked him up. Dear Dad said his crying was "obnoxious."

A neighbor who babysat Leo said he had bruises on his face. She said "I think they were totally hurting that baby." She did not call CPS, but she thought others did. She said the couple then hid out in their room and she did not see Leo again for a month. When she saw him again shortly before his death, he had more marks on his face.

This is what his family and friends said the day after he was charged.

A day after Eugene “Charlie” Martineau was charged with depraved indifference murder in the death of his 3 month-old son, family members and friends described Martineau as a loving father on Tuesday, saying he was never violent and never would have purposely hurt the child.

“He was being a good father,” said Rich Theriault, a friend whom Martineau stayed with on the night of Oct. 21, after his son, Leo Josephs, had been admitted to the hospital. Martineau, 24, told Theriault that he believed the boy’s injuries were an accident. “He said he didn’t do anything intentionally to hurt the child,” Theriault said.

“He never showed any kind of violence around these babies,” Mercer said of her son. “I love my son. I know if any of this happened, it had to be an accident of some sort, but I’m so angry still because it is my grandbaby that I lost.”

Whoopsie daisy, guess he was a baby killing pussy after all. He admitted to everything.

A Portland, Maine, father who shook his 3-month-old so severely that he suffered hemorrhaging and more than two dozen broken bones was sentenced to 15 years in prison on Tuesday.

Eugene Martineau, 25, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in connection with the October 2015 death of his infant son, Leo Josephs. Josephs, who died from head trauma and catastrophic brain swelling, had 24 broken ribs, a broken wrist, and a broken ankle, according to WSCH.

The Portland Press Herald reported that Josephs was born at 30 weeks with his twin sister, Leah. Though Leo was released in early August, Leah was in intensive care until a few weeks after her brother’s death. Her grandparents later adopted her.

While the baby’s mother worked, Martineau cared for Leo in a home occupied by nine other adults and some children. Assistant Attorney General Leann Robbin claimed that the defendant was frustrated by his son and routinely abused him.

An affidavit obtained by the Herald revealed that the Portland man shook Leo with enough force cause his head to “snap back and forth.” This violent act was said to cause a seizure which killed the baby three days later

During a taped confession, Martineau told Detective Lauren Edstrom that his son’s crying was “obnoxious.”

“Martineau stated he would push down on baby Leo[‘s] chest to get the air out to make him stop crying. He said he did this three to four times because he ‘couldn’t handle it.’”

While Robbin called Martineau’s treatment of Leo “torture,” an emergency room doctor testified that the victim had a combination of old and fresh injuries—which included hemorrhaging and severe bruises.

[...]

Prosecutors dropped murder charges following Martineau’s January guilty plea. Though lawyers originally agreed to a 30-year-sentence—the maximum penalty for manslaughter—prosecutors pushed for a 15-year prison sentence while Marineau’s lawyers sought 10. The judge ultimately sided with the state.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/...ld-had-dozens-of-broken-bones-severe-bruises/
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/10/26/man-charged-with-murdering-3-month-old-son/

:( he was so tiny.

I know, that was my exact same thought. Leo and Leah were 1 1/2 months premature.

I remember when my son was born, I was afraid to burp him because I didn't want to hurt him. I was even scared to pick him up. The nurse had to sit with me while I did it for the first time, and I would barely tap his little back. <3:nurse: There was this tiny person that was completely dependent on me for everything, and all I felt was overwhelming love and protectiveness.

Someone should point out to this young turd that his crying will probably frustrate his cellmate, effect his ability to sleep and kill the mood when the cellmate is in the mood for loving.

I wonder if the family feels stupid now for defending this piece of crap after he confessed to what he did to this poor baby. It is awful to think this baby never had a moment in life that was not filled with pain and fear.

Last edited:
I know, that was my exact same thought. Leo and Leah were 1 1/2 months premature.

I remember when my son was born, I was afraid to burp him because I didn't want to hurt him. I was even scared to pick him up. The nurse had to sit with me while I did it for the first time, and I would barely tap his little back. <3:nurse: There was this tiny person that was completely dependent on me for everything, and all I felt was overwhelming love and protectiveness.
Both my boys were preemies.
Travis now age 33 was 4 lbs 2 oz.
Then there was jason now age 32
2 lbs 2 oz.
I never thought to do anything but love them. Protect them and nurture them.
That poor little baby didnt know what the fuck was going on.

Martineau stated he would push down on baby Leo[‘s] chest to get the air out to make him stop crying.
Poor little lion. :sorry: Why can't these people be the kind of assholes that ignore their babies crying.:pout:

I hope Big Bubba finds his whiny ass obnoxious and doles out some prison justice. He tortured Leo from the day he came home from the hospital and then tortured him some more for crying in pain. He deserved more than the sentence he got. He got off lightly.

agreed and if the bitch wwasn't in on it was knowledgable. This business of oh I though someone else would call is garbage too.

agreed and if the bitch wwasn't in on it was knowledgable. This business of oh I though someone else would call is garbage too.

That's what I don't understand. How does the mom get off scot free? Yet again we have another situation of people knowing about the abuse that was going on, but nothing being done.
Moore did not call Child Protective Services to report the suspected abuse, but she believes others did. The marks eventually faded. She said a visiting nurse checked on the baby a month ago but took no action.

Moore said she was waiting for state workers to show up but they never did.

[...]

Moore said the young couple were overwhelmed by parenthood. She said they argued often.

“I even asked her if (Martineau) was abusing her,” Moore said. “She said she loved him and wanted to make it work with him.”

Moore said her sister determined the couple were not saving money for their own apartment and told them they would have to leave by Nov. 1. Moore said that coincided with the couple keeping to themselves in their room. She didn’t see Leo for about a month.

When she saw him last week, he again had marks on his face, she said.

The couple left last Tuesday to visit Martineau’s mother in Gray. It was the day before Leo was taken to the hospital. Moore said the couple took a diaper bag and a playpen but not much else, indicating to her they planned to return soon.

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/10/26/man-charged-with-murdering-3-month-old-son/

Back