• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I don't think they look normal, but that's just me. In all of his pictures, he seems to carry himself like a narcissistic douchebag, and she looks like a clueless twit.

Were it my daughter in that situation, I wouldn't be marrying him. The minute he laid a hand on my child in violence would be the minute I broke it. I played that game before I met my ex and had my daughter, and I won't ever play it again, especially since I have her health and safety in my hands. Lovers are replaceable--my daughter isn't.

Oh, my this is heart breaking! father didn't want to send Ethan but had to as per Judge's orders, (wtf the judge wasn't aware of asshole's criminal past?), and little Ethan didn't want to see mom, didn't even want to talk to her on the phone! I feel so bad for little Ethan how he was made to go and how awful that his feelings of hurt and resentment turned to an unbelievable nightmare that took his life.....it's just to much, last days of hell for Ethan.
Joe G. Stacy said never wanted to send his 4-year-old son to Utah.

But following his custody fight, a judge ordered summer visitation with the boy's mother and he had to comply, said Freida Stacy, Joe Stacy's stepmother.
Joe absolutely did not want him to go (to Utah), and she threatened to sue him for kidnapping, threatened him with this and that. He had no choice," Freida Stacy told the Deseret News.

"Ethan did not want to go. Ethan did not want to even talk to (his mother Stephanie Sloop) on the phone. She'd call and he'd say, 'I don't want to talk to her,'....
I really do feel for dad I do, but I still wonder did NO ONE bring up this assholes past? really, fuckity, this is a child's well being we are talking about. And if it was addressed how the hell does a judge order such a thing when a child wants nothing to do with mommy dearest? Cases like this is when I say, hello, anybody home? this is a person, sure, he's 4 yo but give his feelings some value, give the child some respect for crying out loud. It's NOT in the best interest of a child being forced to visit a parent when there is good cause to be resentful. I bet he was feeling abandoned by mom probably betrayed, little Ethan needed patience and understanding not a Summer stay with bitch mom who apparently needed an 8x8 cell!

My deepest sympathies to father and family...so sorry little Ethan.:dong:

Last edited:
Jesus, please don't tell me it's going to get even WORSE! The poor kid was locked in a room while Mom and Stepfucker got married because of his bruises. So, he gets there, says, "Hi, Mom," and stepdad-about-to-be slugs him?

Why in God's name would a judge have ordered Ethan to go spend an entire summer with his mother, with whom he had no relationship and who had shown no interest in parenting him?

That judge is EVERY BIT as culpable for Ethan's death as douchebag stepdaddy.

Why in God's name would a judge have ordered Ethan to go spend an entire summer with his mother, with whom he had no relationship and who had shown no interest in parenting him?

That judge is EVERY BIT as culpable for Ethan's death as douchebag stepdaddy.

Because of this idea that a child always needs both parents in their lives, no matter how bad one is. I love how anti-father sites (some of you know the ones I'm talking about) slam judges when they force children to visit the big bad dads. I wonder if they'll mention this sad case?

Nathan Sloop looks like Tyson Chamberlains(8 mo old Easton Lees murderer, AZ) brother, that gives me the creeps, big time!!

Probable cause statements filed with the Davis County Jail indicate Ethan died on Sunday, May 9th as a result of abuse going back at least five days prior. The abuse detailed in the documents is graphic and includes allegations of Nathan physically striking the boy, burning him with scalding water and forcing him to eat feces.

The booking statements also say Nathan and Stephanie locked Ethan in a room of their apartment at 586 North 1425 West in Layton on May 6th, leaving him alone there while they went to the Farmington Courthouse to be married.
.....the booking documents say Nathan Sloop almost immediately began to discipline Ethan by beating him about the head and neck, causing severe swelling.

When Ethan began showing symptoms of brain injuries, including fevers and vomiting, the Sloops reportedly forced Ethan to drink roughly 40 ounces of liquid over a one-to-two hour period in an effort to rehydrate him.

"Stephanie also told us that both she and Nate gave Ethan Motrin and Benadryl, to help with the swelling, and that Nate gave Ethan the Benadryl to keep Ethan quiet," one of the affidavits states. "Stephanie again told us that she knew that Ethan needed medical attention, but did not get it for him."

On May 7th, Nathan allegedly called Stephanie while she was shopping and told her that Ethan had burned himself while taking a bath. She returned home to find feces in his mouth, then proceeded to brush his mouth clean with enough force to make his gums bleed.
During further interviews, Stephanie reported told police that she had purchased lighter fluid at Nathan's request because he'd wanted to burn the remains. He's said to have "brought Mrs. Sloop to the site to say her good-byes" after wrapping Ethan's body in plastic garbage bags.
http://www.knrs.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=171160&article=7110952

Ethan, precious Ethan, died on Mother's Day!! Egg donor fights Ethans real and loving Father for custody, receives visitation for the summer, but can't fight for Ethans life for NINE days??? Dear God, get to dropping them stones, will ya?
A match made in "Hell" for Ethan, this union was.........

OMG, this is so horrible. The more we find out, the worse it is.

How could that BITCH let her husband do such horrible things? Apparently she had no motherly feelings towards the boy but MY GOD! What kind of a person would stand by while ANY child was being tortured like that? She IS evil!

That poor baby... My condolences to Ethan's family. This is so much more than they should have to deal with. I hope that evil woman and her sicko husband both fry.

Ethan Stacy's dad: 'I just wanted him to grow up ... where it was safe'
Murder » The boy, 4, was ordered by the court to spend the summer with his mother
Joe Stacy didn't want to send his son to Utah for a summer-long visit with his mother. He worried she was too unstable to care for him, but a court order in their divorce left him no choice.
"I just wanted him to grow up where his daddy grew up, in a small town in the mountains," he said Wednesday from Virginia. "Where it was safe."
Instead, 4-year-old Ethan Stacy will return to the town of Richlands for his burial, just more than two weeks after Joe Stacy watched his ex-wife walk away with the boy to whom he had dedicated his life. Ethan's body was found Tuesday buried in a shallow grave off a muddy trailhead near Powder Mountain ski resort. Layton police suspect his stepfather, Nathan Sloop, killed him and his mother, Stephanie Sloop, tried to cover it up.
"He was the best little boy that you'd ever meet; he really was. He was a very lovable child, and that's all he wanted, was to love on people all the time," Joe Stacy said through tears. "He was a great boy, and even if he was a bad boy, he didn't deserve this, nobody deserves this, but he was just a good, sweet boy."
'I didn't have any choice' » Ethan's parents finalized their divorce April 28 in Florida, where they lived during their five-year marriage.
After signing the papers, Joe Stacy, 35, went to Virginia, his childhood home he had returned to in December. Ethan and Stephanie Stacy, 27, boarded a plane bound for Utah, where she had moved to after a brief stay in Las Vegas.

"I did not want him to go, and he didn't want to go at all. He kept telling me he didn't want to go," Stacy said. "I didn't have any choice, I had to send him. The type of person she was, had I kept him and didn't send him out there, she would have turned around and filed contempt of court charges against me."
But that doesn't make it any easier to grapple with the fact he won't be going to the park every day or playing Spider-Man on the PlayStation 3 with a boy who was "way, way ahead" of his peers and able to pick up on new skills after being shown just once.
Stacy had called his son every day since he came to Utah, and Stephanie Sloop often would call her ex-husband to complain about the boy's behavior, Stacy said. But starting May 5 -- the day charging documents say Nathan Sloop, 31, began abusing Ethan -- his ex-wife kept coming up with reasons the boy couldn't talk to his father. The last call Stacy made was Monday, when Nathan Sloop gave another reason why the boy couldn't talk to his father, Stacy said.
"I never did get a call back," he said.

Parting ways » Stacy said he wanted to keep Ethan away from his mother, whom he called a "pathological liar," but while the court made the oil-rig worker the custodial parent, it also granted summer visitation to Stephanie Sloop.
As part of their divorce, Stacy retained custody as long as he paid her half of a settlement from a pending injury lawsuit he had filed about 18 months ago.
"I would have given her all of it if it meant I was able to keep my son with me," he said.
In the months since their separation, Stacy said Nathan Sloop would send him text messages, some violent.
"I had been threatened over the past six months by him," Stacy said.
Freida Stacy, Ethan's grandmother, said Stephanie Sloop tried to "stir up trouble" several times for her stepson.
"The only reason she wanted [Ethan] was she thought, 'This is how I'm going to get back at Joe,'" Freida Stacy said. "It was like Ethan was just a pawn."
Nathan Sloop has a history of drug convictions and other crimes dating back to 2000. Most recently, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance in 2003.
Joe Stacy had met the man face-to-face only once, for about 30 minutes when Stacy flew to Utah to pick up a vehicle from his ex-wife.
"I had really mixed feelings about him," Stacy said. "I didn't know what to believe with him."
Newlyweds » The Sloops planned to wed July 4 in Colorado, according to their wedding website and gift registries, but instead they married Thursday at the Farmington Courthouse. The Sloops had met when they were both in their early teens, but they didn't really connect until October.
"Instead of provoking my Bad Boy side, she respects it," Nathan Sloop wrote on the site. "She doesn't try and provoke me to protect her, but rather she loves me in ways I couldn't even ask her to do."
Stephanie Sloop wrote of losing twins she was pregnant with in December, and that Nathan Sloop had saved her life twice during that time.
"Even though I lost the babies we planned to have, it saved my life," she wrote. "You can always have more children, but Nathan couldn't replace me."
Calls to the couple's family were not returned Wednesday.
Unraveling the ruse » Stephanie Sloop called police just before midnight Monday, saying her son had wandered off and she couldn't find him. More than 40 officers scoured the area around their apartment at 1425 N. 500 West in Layton before the couple's stories had enough discrepancies that they were brought in for further questioning. Eventually, Stephanie Sloop told investigators Ethan died Sunday. Soon after, they learned the location of a makeshift burial site near Powder Mountain, said Lt. Garret Atkin of the Layton Police Department.

Officers walked the trail, digging in the mud as snow and rain fell, and recovered Ethan's body about 5 p.m. Tuesday.

The Davis County Attorney's Office plans to announce charges against the couple Friday morning. Both are expected to face charges of child abuse, obstruction of justice and abuse or desecration of a human body. Nathan Sloop also may be charged with aggravated murder and damaging a jail.
[...]
"They are going to send him back home and I'm getting his funeral arrangements ready here," his father said. "I know things are going to get even tougher when he comes home."
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15074193?source=rss

I really hope he doesnt insisit on viewing him when his remains are returned

Last edited:
OMFG when I think it cant get worse it does
He fucking burned the child on top of everything else!

Documents detail Ethan Stacy's horrific final days
Layton Police » Beaten and burned 4-year-old was left alone while couple went to wed.
[...]
Police documents released Wednesday detail the last days in the life of the boy whose body was found Tuesday buried near Powder Mountain.
On May 5, Ethan's eventual stepfather, Nathan Sloop, took the boy into a bedroom, closed the door and began slapping him and beating him around the head and face, according to an interview with the boy's mother, Stephanie Sloop, in police documents. When she walked in afterward, she saw Ethan's face was swelling and he needed medical attention, but she did not seek help, according to the probable cause statement filed by arresting Layton police officers.[...]
During the next three days, Ethan would not eat, was lethargic, had a fever and was vomiting. The couple forced the boy to drink water, Kool-Aid and orange juice. They gave him Benadryl and Motrin to take down the swelling and subdue him, but did not seek medical attention, Stephanie Sloop said.
On Friday, Stephanie Sloop returned to their Layton apartment after shopping
at Wal-Mart to find the boy was badly burned on his feet and legs from an overly hot bath. Nathan Sloop told her it was an accident. She said she did not believe him but still did not seek medical help because her husband would hurt her, the documents state.

She said Ethan was asleep in bed when she checked on him at 3 a.m. Sunday. She went to the pharmacy for a prescription for her husband, and when she returned at 5:30 a.m. that Mother's Day, he told her Ethan was dead. She said she did not call police then because her husband told her he would go to prison because of the bruises on the boy's body.
Instead, they took his body to an area near Powder Mountain and made efforts to disfigure the body in an apparent attempt to delay identification. After Nathan Sloop buried Ethan, he guided Stephanie Sloop to the grave to say her last goodbyes. [/QUOT]http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15074629?source=rss

"I couldn't protect my child, because my husband would have hurt me". Why is it that their lives are so much more important than the lives of their child? I would be willing to take a beating to save the life of a child that wasn't mine, but she is too important to step in and, you know, be a mother....

Between May 5-8, Ethan "exhibited signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury," Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

"Stephanie told us she never got medical attention for Ethan, even though she knew that medical attention was needed," detectives wrote.

Stephanie took cell phone pictures documenting the increased swelling. Police say Nathan Sloop originally told them it was due to a peanut allergy.

On the day after the wedding, Stephanie Sloop said her new husband called her while she was shopping to say that Ethan had burned himself in a hot tub of water. When she returned, she said Ethan was badly burned on his feet, legs and buttocks and she believed Nathan Sloop intentionally burned him, the affidavit states.

She also told police she noticed feces in the child's mouth and she brushed his mouth until his gums bled. The next day, she said, Ethan had smeared his feces on the bathroom walls and on his step-father and she found feces in his mouth again, detectives wrote.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-home-locked-in-his-room-police-say.html?pg=1

Okay, I'm officially ready to kill these two dung beetles myself. She knew Nathan did this and she documented it! But she just kept on loving him and married him a day or two later?! Oh, yeah, it's that "Bad Boy side" she loves so much!

And what's his excuse for all this activity? The little boy looked at him wrong? Wouldn't call him "Daddy"? Was a sullen and angry little boy? What!?

It's making me psychotic. Nothing would be cruel and unusual enough to serve these two puss bags justice!

OMG he was in a loving home and was sent by a judge to be tortured to death. He probably welcome death!!

How could anyone do such horrid stuff to a sweet innocent little boy????

And I'm just completely lost for words as to why they wanted him to come stay with them in the first place!!!!!

this poor baby boy..i cant read anymore.....rest in peace sweet angel, my heart breaks for the suffering those monsters put you through nobody should ever have to endure this.

There better be murder charges against mom too. She took part in some of the abuse and then to top it off, got lighter fluid to burn her own child's body so it couldn't be identified!
And as for her excuse that she feared being beaten, I'm sorry if it offends anyone but I'm tired of hearing that excuse when a woman stands by or partakes in the beating and murder of her children or other acts of violence. Fear of being killed is why many people stay in abusive relationships but with a gun to my head.. I could not stand by while my child was being tortured and beaten to death.

Their little smarmy wedding website and pictures makes me ill. No way was she afraid of him. She's just working the system at this point. I hope her deal with the prosecution leaves her in prison for the rest of her fertile life. I hope his sentence is death by head trauma, and scalding.

Love the "Bad Boy" !?! Get over it, you sickening tramp.

I just have to believe with all my heart that there is a place worse than any hell we can imagine for human garbage like these two. Pure evil, selfish evil cunt that Stephanie. Nathan is the devil's turd, evil disgusting piece of shit.

As we continue to read more and more details of this lil boy's last days with the cum bucket and her pencil dick husband, the more homicidal thoughts keep creeping in my mind. I couldn't see myself killing a living being, let alone a small child. But I can see myself killing these two with no remorse. I could easily slit their throats and then go out for a steak dinner. That's how much I hate these monsters. A union only made in hell, and brought into the life of a once safe, and happy little guy.

May the devil feast on your fucking flesh, and you feel each rip of your skin. I hate the fact that we are breathing, and sharing the same Earth. You both should be 6 feet under, but not before suffering the most gruesome of deaths, just as you did this angel child.

I hope so
We have seen evil cases here before but this really kicked me in the gut
I remember my son at that age and I cant in a million years imagine anyone hurting him
I would kill them before they touched him

Mother, stepfather in Ethan Stacy murder case interrogated at jail
Early Thursday Morning
FARMINGTON, Utah - Layton police detectives interrogated the mother and stepfather at the Davis County Jail Thursday morning in connection with the murder of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy. The interrogation of Nathanael and Stephanie Sloop comes after the release of probable cause statements Wednesday evening that outline a pattern of abuse, alleging Ethan was severely beaten until he died. Police have accused the couple of burying the body near Powder Mountain Resort found Tuesday in a shallow grave.
One of the probable cause statements made reference to a man named Frank who may have had some role in the burial of Ethan. Layton police said they have tracked the man down. Lt. Garret Atkin says he is not sure of the exact name of the man.
"I don't know whether that was his actual name, but there was another person that they wanted to talk to with in conjuction to this, but as far as I've been told, that is not somebody they're interested in anymore," said Atkin.
Davis County prosecutors are screening the case and are expected to file formal criminal charges on Friday. Nathanael Sloop has been denied bail from a judge and is expected to face an aggravated murder charge. The bail for Stephanie Sloop is set at $100,000 cash and she is expected to face a child abuse and desecration of corpse charge.
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-mother-stepfather-ethan-stacy-interrogated-jail,0,5239912.story

So A Third Person Is Out There,Amazing How Many Evil People There Are,No Doubt A Drinking Or Drug Buddy Of The Killers

I just for once, wish that the courts would take into consideration the child's feelings. Isn't a four year old human, and have rights? Let's hear the child, and let's see what this child has to say. If he is refusing to go with his mother, instead of sending him away with her, have her first start with supervised visits.Let's see how the child reacts.

Shit listen to the kid for once. Had anyone given a fuck about this child's well being, they would have listened to him. Is that so fucking hard to do? My 5 year old can easily tell me how he feels. He can tell me if he is sad, and why makes him feel that way....LISTEN TO THE CHILDREN. For fuck sake listen.

This judge handed this child a death sentence because he wanted to act like some sort of family law hero, and all he did was sent him to be slaughtered. I can't begin to describe the level of anger that this story and all the details have done to me, to many of us here. It's unfuckingbelievable that this tragedy could have very well been prevented.

"It's unfuckingbelievable that this tragedy could have very well been prevented. "
May I respectfully add It's unfuckingbelievable that every one of these tragedies could have very well been prevented.

Last edited:
I just for once, wish that the courts would take into consideration the child's feelings. Isn't a four year old human, and have rights? Let's hear the child, and let's see what this child has to say. If he is refusing to go with his mother, instead of sending him away with her, have her first start with supervised visits.Let's see how the child reacts.

Shit listen to the kid for once. Had anyone given a fuck about this child's well being, they would have listened to him. Is that so fucking hard to do? My 5 year old can easily tell me how he feels. He can tell me if he is sad, and why makes him feel that way....LISTEN TO THE CHILDREN. For fuck sake listen.

This judge handed this child a death sentence because he wanted to act like some sort of family law hero, and all he did was sent him to be slaughtered. I can't begin to describe the level of anger that this story and all the details have done to me, to many of us here. It's unfuckingbelievable that this tragedy could have very well been prevented.

The egg donor probably sold the judge a sob story about Ethan's dad trying to turn Ethan against her.

I'm really pissed. Jaded posted a link to an Ethan FB page, which I joined, and then someone else posted a link to another Ethan FB page, which I also joined. However, THIS page's author is misrepresenting the case, saying his "mother murdered him." Further, he/she says that the Sloops confessed because they "felt guilty."

What happened to this child is so fucking horrific, and then to have someone not even accurately describing how he died or how his killer(s) came to be arrested makes my blood FUCKING BOIL. I've made posts on the site complaining and linking to Jaded's FP post, but all have been deleted. Help me out, D'Ders.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Remembrance-of-Ethan-Stacy/116369541732606

Someone must be watching that page like a hawk....my comment was deleted within seconds. Thanks for the info, Lizard.

I believe a family member is running the page that I linked here and on the front page...they have a few personal pics of Ethan and his daddy.

Someone must be watching that page like a hawk....my comment was deleted within seconds. Thanks for the info, Lizard.

I believe a family member is running the page that I linked here and on the front page...they have a few personal pics of Ethan and his daddy.

Agree. That page is wonderful. This other one has me so pissed off the top of my head is about to blow off. To merely say that his "mother murdered him" so diminishes what Ethan went through--and what his fucking cumbucket of a "mother" allowed and perpetrated herself--makes me start looking for weapons and planning road trips.

Back