• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
Albuquerque police arrest man accused of beating, raping 75yo
casias_jpg_w_650.jpg
1681942_inline_slide_2_super_mamika_grandma_phot.jpg

Ernast Casias - Rapes & Beats the Elderly ----------------------------Not the actual victim- just how I imagine her!
The man accused in of beating and raping an elderly woman is now behind bars. Albuquerque Police have arrested 56-year-old Ernest Casias.

In early March, police found a 75-year-old woman at her apartment near Academy and McKinney. A co-worker called APD, saying she hadn’t seen her show up. According to police, she had been raped and then violently beaten.

According to the criminal complaint, Casias and the woman may have been working to start a business and that she had already paid Casias around $25,000.

On March 11, Casias was brought in for questioning and refused to give a DNA sample. Nearly three weeks later, detectives got a sample with a warrant.

Investigators also say the victim pointed to Casias in a photo lineup after waking up from a weeks-long coma.

Casias was supposed to turn himself in Saturday afternoon, but he was a no-show. He was taken into custody and booked Monday.
http://krqe.com/2015/05/04/albuquerque-police-arrest-man-accused-of-raping-75-year-old/

Wow, that's one tough lady!
I'm sure he thought he had killed her- they knew each other so it would be easy (and it was!) for her to point him out. You GO GRANNY!!!

Last edited:
July 15, 2015

Neighbors are scared after a man accused of raping and nearly killing a 75-year-old woman is back on the streets without a GPS ankle monitor.

Court records show that the case was temporarily dismissed, and News 13 looked into why.

“The horrificness of this crime, the way he left her for dead, the way he violated her, we want this guy off the streets,” APD Officer Simon Drobik told KRQE in May.

A few days later, police arrested 57-year-old Ernest Casias for raping the woman in March and nearly killing her by beating her with a hammer in her Northeast Albuquerque condo.

Casias initially told police that he wasn’t with the victim the night of the attack.

After his first court appearance, he was out on bond with a GPS ankle monitor.

Now, records show the case is temporarily dismissed, meaning Casias is free to go with no monitoring until the District Attorney’s office re-files charges against him.

People familiar with the case are upset.

“I was disgusted,” a woman told KRQE. “When I first saw that, I was just truly disgusted and scared.”

“What they said he did is very, very sad and shocking and he shouldn’t be out. He should not be out,” a neighbor said.

Police said DNA links Casias to the crime, but the DA’s office said it needs more time to gather evidence before taking the case to court.

KRQE asked what evidence the DA’s office still needs to gather. A spokesperson from the DA’s office did not answer the question.

In the meantime, neighbors are nervous.

http://krqe.com/2015/07/15/case-dismissed-against-man-accused-of-raping-75-year-old/

KRQE asked what evidence the DA’s office still needs to gather. A spokesperson from the DA’s office did not answer the question.

DNA ... and she identified him, so what evidence ?

Is the guy claiming it was all consensual because they each other ???

Any further update on this?

Googling his name yields no results relating to this in the past year. As far as i can tell given my 10 min of searching around, charges were never brought against this guy again and no explanation was ever provided, at least the media never came around asking about it. Fucking bizarre.

Always hate how inept and worthless the media is when it comes to following up on crime stories. They so often just flat out forget.

An Earnest Casias Jr was just arrested on several warrants for vicious assault and theft. He's had many assault charges against him over the years, often against family members. Just wondering if this is the son? If so, the nut fell close to the tree. Like a family of pit bulls.
http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...ernalillo-county-sheriff-office-bcso/4362172/

Also, I wondered if the victim was related to the attacker and was intimidated and refused or could not cooperate for any reason.
Which might explain if the DA had difficulty collecting enough evidence to make charges stick.

Last edited:
Back