• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

MadeaBecBec

Trusted Member
Not sure why, Butts has two different mugs, butts,butts, here they are...

EricaButtsbeatababygirltodeath3yo.jpg
EricaButts-differentmug.jpg

Erica Butts, 23, Summerville, SC

SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (AP) -- A 23-year-old South Carolina woman has been charged after authorities say she beat a child in her care.

Multiple media outlets reported Thursday that Erica Butts has been charged with homicide by child abuse.

Authorities say they found the toddler unresponsive Tuesday night at a Summerville subdivision. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Butts was charged after authorities say an autopsy showed the girl died from full body trauma.

The baby has not been identified, but authorities say her mother is in Michigan and is raising money to return to South Carolina. Authorities say Butts and the girl are not related.

Butts was being held at the Charleston County jail awaiting a bond hearing.
http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=80377&catid=2
SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) - A three-year-old girl's godmother was taken into police custody Tuesday after the child she was looking after died in her care, said Summerville police.

Police charged 23-year-old Erica Butts with child abuse after EMS was dispatched to a Congaree River home in the Lakes of Summerville subdivision. There emergency medical personnel found an unresponsive, non-breathing child, Serenity around 7 pm Tuesday.

Butts will face a bond court judge at 2 pm Thursday.

Police were then dispatched to the scene. "We found a three-year-old was deceased, was transported to the hospital. We ended up making an arrest of a person at the house," Capt. Jon Rogers said.

Police said the child had multiple suspicious injuries on her entire body, "obvious signs of abuse," said Rogers.

According to an officer on the scene, an unknown woman told him that the child was sitting in a chair, fell backwards, and struck her head.

Police said the child is from out of town, and they are unaware of any family members who live in the area. Police say one of Butts' family members called 911.

According to Ladawn Butts, the suspect's mother, the child would stay with Butts regularly because the girl is Butts' goddaughter. She said Butts was even good friends with the child's mother.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=11442258

Erica beat Serenity because she urinated

Police have declined to identify the victim. Ieshia Richardson, the child's mother, identified her daughter as Serenity Richardson. The family has set up a bank account so they can bring her body back to Detroit, MI, where they live, family members said.

It is not clear why or how long the child has been staying with Butts at 207 Congaree River Dr. in the Lakes of Summerville subdivision. Richardson said only that she left her child with her best friend. She said this morning that she plans to be at the bond hearing today.

According to the arrest warrant, the child was beaten to death and Butts later told police she had struck the child a number of times with a belt because the child had urinated on the floor.

At an emotion-filled bond hearing, Magistrate Linda Lombard explained that she could not set a bond on the charge. Only a circuit court judge can set bond on a homicide charge.

The woman declined to give paramedics information about the girl, the report says.
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/nov/05/police-3-year-old-girl-had-obvious-signs-abuse/

Be back, I'll see if I can find photos of Serenity! Breaks my heart!

That poor baby. I will never know how someone can beat an innocent child--especially to the point of death. And the family has set up a bank account so they can get money to bring the baby home? I don't want to judge, I really don't. But I couldn't help but think the baby should have been at home to begin with. Your children aren't a pair of jeans that you share with your best friend.

Serenity Richardson's uncle, Darryl Thomas, said his sister, Ieshia Richardson, took the girl to visit a friend in Summerville, S.C. Thomas said the girl was left in the care of a friend while her mother was in the process of moving there from Detroit.

Thomas said the family got a phone call from police saying the girl had been beaten and burned to death.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21533005/detail.html

Guess this explains why she was with the Butts woman. I'm guessing the mother thought this friend would take care of her baby girl.

Another abuser arrested...

ShanitaLatriceCunningham.jpg

Shanita Latrice Cunningham,24

Charleston, SC - Police say they have arrested a second suspect in the case of a child that died after being beaten on Tuesday.

With information received during the case, a warrant for homicide by child abuse was issued for Shanita Latrice Cunningham, 24. Cunningham has turned herself into police custody.
The care giver at the residence identified as Erica Mae Butts, 23, was arrested. With information received during the investigation and an autopsy being performed on the child, Butts is being charged with homicide by child abuse.

The victim is not related to Erica Butts and resides out of state.
http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/1109/675926.html

I guess they had a baby beating!! This is just awful....

I can't believe that the evil bitch wasn't giving the paramedics any info on the child. Talk about callous and evil. Maybe she would be facing a lesser charge than MURDER if she had helped them and the baby had lived.

Is it just me or does Butts have a crusty appearance to her mouth in her second mug? Kinda like the crack head character on The Chappel show.

Kids have accidents when they are little. What the hell is wrong with people?! I've never gotten so angry at a child that I had the urge to hurt them. Don't these people understand the "walk away and cool down" concept? Well, obviously I answered my own question, they have NOT. Fucking ANIMALS!

Pure Idiocy, besides the abuse!

According to court documents, Erica Butts told authorities she beat the child multiple times with a belt after the child urinated on the floor. Butts also said Serenity hit her head multiple times while falling in the bathroom and thirty minutes after the last fall, Butts said the child’s breathing became shallow. Sure, Sure the bathroom gets involved,grrrr....
That’s when authorities say Erica Butts called her mother LaDawn Butts to her home to help. They say LaDawn Butts was the one who called 911.
Don't know the emergency number or what?
The investigation also shows that Shanita Cunningham was at the home during the incident and also hit the child with a belt. WTH?

Court papers also show Cunningham realized the toddler was unconscious and put the child on ice to shock her. When that did not work, authorities say Cunningham put bleach under the child’s nose to attempt to wake her up. Authorities say that is when Cunningham left the state to avoid being arrested.
http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/1109/676169.html
Cuntingham and Butts-Baby Beaters from HELL, Let me have a few minutes with them, please!!!

Last edited:
I couldn't leave my child behind even in a moving process. Serenity wasn't a pet to be left behind as to not be inconvenienced during a move.

Little Serenity had no one, not a soul to defend her during her days of abuse and anguish. I hope these two baby killers find themselves in the same situation in prison. Even then it will not be just. It will not be fair.

Serenity, you deserved to be protected and cherished at all costs.

SerenityRichardson3beatenbyEricaBut.jpg

. . . Erica Mae Butts and Shanita Latrice Cunningham, both 25 and dressed in gray striped jail jumpsuits, appeared in circuit court individually to answer to a charge of homicide by child abuse. . . .

Serenity's mother, Ieshia Richardson, was best friends with Butts and had brought her daughter to stay at her godmother's home on Congaree River Drive in Summerville for about two weeks, beginning in late October 2009. A prosecutor summarized in court what happened next:

Butts admitted to Summerville police on Nov. 3 that she whipped the girl with a belt for urinating on the floor, and that Serenity had fallen several times in the bathroom.

When the child's breathing became shallow that day, Butts called her own mother in Goose Creek but didn't tell her what happened, an arrest warrant said. Butts' mother called 911.

Paramedics found the toddler cold, with rigor mortis beginning to set in, according to Assistant Solicitor Elizabeth Gordon.

"The child had bruises, contusions, scrapes, swelling to her entire body," Gordon said. "The only parts of this child's body that were spared were the soles of her feet and her armpits."

Investigators ruled that full-body blunt-force trauma caused Serenity's death.

Cunningham, a parent herself, admitted to her own mother that she also had hit the girl, then saw the extent of her injuries while giving her a shower, according to an arrest warrant.

Cunningham said the girl should be put on ice, in an attempt to shock her, and held bleach under her nose, again hoping to revive her, the warrant said. When the child didn't wake up, Cunningham fled the state.

Police arrested Butts after Serenity's autopsy. Cunningham turned herself in three days later. . . .
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/aug/26/pair-to-go-to-prison-in-death-of-girl-3/

Bitches deserve to die in a prison bathroom.

Godmothers are supposed to keep a child's religious education going. They are not supposed to introduce the child to heaven. Lousy choice for a godmother. Stupid, violent, and untrustworthy.

Last edited:
This Butts is a sick ass and her bitch Cunningham too.
The child had bruises, contusions, scrapes, swelling to her entire body," Gordon said. "The only parts of this child's body that were spared were the soles of her feet and her armpits."
omfg! a severe beating is in order. Start first with the soles of the feet and armpits.

Women collapse in court after being sentenced to life

SUMMERVILLE, SC (WIS) - Two Summerville women fell to the courtroom floor Thursday after being sentenced to life in prison for the 2009 death of a 3-year-old girl.

Shanita Latrice Cunningham and Erica Mae Butts were sentenced Thursday morning for the death of Serenity Richardson. When the verdict was read, Cunningham and Butts both sank to the floor amid emotional outcries by family members and had to be wheeled out of the room.

The two women were convicted of homicide by child abuse after prosecutors said they whipped Richardson with a belt in November 2009 for urinating on the floor. EMTs found Richardson unresponsive at a house in the Lakes of Summerville subdivision, and took her to Summerville Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

Medical staffers saw bruises and cuts all over the child's chest, stomach, legs, arms, feet, back and head.

Attorneys said Butts had been caring for Richardson for about a month, and was a friend of Richardson's mother.
http://www.wistv.com/story/15953091/women-collapse-in-court-after-being-sentenced-to-life

Poor baby killers. Have fun spending your life in prison.

murderer.jpg

Last edited:
That was the best anxiety attack ever. I want to know what Ieisha thinks about the punishment.

Oh, Jesus fucking Christ. Somebody should have made those pieces of trash get up off the fucking floor and stand up like adults. Stupid fucking cunts. FUCK people make me mad.

Last edited:
This was truly the best video I have ever watched. To see those two cunts drop like flies made me almost pee on myself I was so giddy. Now it would have been better had the mother of one of the monsters had not started hollering. She wanted her "baby" to get up. But those cunts hurt that poor baby so that she will NEVER get up again to do anything and they made sure of that.

As a mother myself, I feel for that woman. But I feel 100 times worse for the mommy of that 3 year old baby because her baby was taken from her. May this just be the beginning of the curse that is anxiety attacks. I hope that she gets another that really sends her heaving and hollering like an idiot. Hell may she live her life in an eternal fucking panic attack from hell.

They better not get into the habit of dropping to the fucking floor like that when their sorry asses are in general population.

That video was deeply satisfying. Talk about a commotion. Poor judge didn't get to finish her statements. Funny when she says they'll get credit for time served -- on a life sentence. The prisoners collapse, one (or more) of the crowd collapses. Erica's mom starts yelling at her to get up, and eventually has to be dragged out, as she resists and cries, "That's my baby girl!" (How ironic.) By then, Erica has commenced to a barking noise. What? An asthma attack or some kind of seizure? Drama! Action!

Yay, Judge! They should have that played in their prison as they eat dinner.

Too bad the skanky fucking stupid whores didn't bash their heads in on the counsel tables on the way down.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya, bitches!

Serenity's mother, Ieshia Richardson, had been childhood best friends with Butts and had brought her daughter to stay at her godmother's home on Congaree River Drive in Summerville for about two weeks, beginning in late October 2009.
[...]

Circuit Judge Deadra Jefferson said the photos of Serenity's injuries showed a child "systematically beaten to death."

"I've never had anything affect me as profoundly as the pictures I've viewed of this child,
" Jefferson said. She noted that the women could have stopped, could have saved Serenity.

Jefferson also suggested that perhaps the women frightened the potty-trained child into urinating uncontrollably. The prosecutor noted that one pelvic injury likely caused Serenity to lose bladder control.

Cunningham's attorney, Cassandra Woosley, described her client as less responsible for the girl's death than Butts.

She said Cunningham had been beaten as a child and grew up in a culture of abuse. Cunningham became pregnant with her own daughter, whom she and Butts cared for, in ninth grade.

Cunningham read a letter saying she wants to be a good mother again one day.

"There is not a day that goes by that I don't wish I could go back and change everything," she said.

Butts' attorney, Melissa Gay, portrayed Cunningham as the "controlling and aggressive" partner in an abusive relationship, while describing Butts as a "meek" woman. Gay said she repeatedly asked Butts for information to implicate Cunningham, but that her client refused to flip on her partner.

Butts said in court that she didn't know that Serenity was dying, and described her close relationship with Serenity's mother. Ieshia Richardson had been the only person Butts confided in after she was raped at age 15, and Butts had been in the hospital with Richardson when Richardson gave birth to Serenity, her only child.

"I was responsible for some things, but I would never kill her," Butts said. Then, practically screaming through her sobs, she turned to Richardson and said, "I will always love you no matter what. ... I just want to tell you I'm so, so sorry."

Addressing the judge, Richardson said she has only clothes, toys and a lock of hair to remind her of her daughter.

"All I wanted to do was be good to her and do right to her," Richardson said. "Nobody deserves what she received."

She asked that her best friend and her best friend's lover receive the maximum sentence.

"I am past being sad about this," Richardson said. "I am angry. I am very, very angry."

She wore a purple T-shirt with the Serenity prayer printed on it: "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference."
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/nov/04/2-get-life-terms-in-childs-death/

Two Summerville women fell to the courtroom floor Thursday after being sentenced to life in prison

The best part of it all right there. I'm going back to watch the videos. But yeah, the bitches should have been MADE to stand up and take it like grown women. They systematically beat that baby to death, and expected her body control (don't pee on MY floor) to be beyond her years.

Poor little Serenity. The last days of her life were the farthest thing from serene. You deserved better, baby girl.

**ETA: I just watched the video, and hearing that bitch squeal like what sounded like a pig actually made me feel even more that justice has been served. All I could think about was, imagine how poor little Serenity must've screamed in pain those last days of her life while she was being beaten to death. They could have stopped, yes. They could have gotten help for her, yes. But they didn't. Now, all we need is a little prison justice for the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Well, I had to go view it again. I took a small amount of time to read some of the comments on the article. It seems there's a rumor that Cunningham and Butts thought they were going to get probation.

Back