• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

buzza

I'm the gassy one
Sheriff Confirms Seven Dead in Isla Vista Shootings
"Mass Murder Situation"
[...]
Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown revealed new details about Friday night's drive by shootings in Isla Vista during a Saturday morning news conference, including a new death toll and a possible link to an ominous YouTube video.
Brown said the initial call came in to dispatch at 9:27 p.m. Friday night as multiple gunshots.

Deputies in the area found several victims and received information about the suspect and vehicle involved.

Witnesses described seeing a black BMW speeding through the streets, spraying bullets at people and various targets near El Embarcadero and Segovia Roads and the top of the loop along Del Playa.

Brown said at 9:33 p.m. the suspect exchanged gunfire with deputies then veered down Del Playa and crashed into a parked car. Deputies found the suspect inside the BMW dead from a gunshot wound to the head. Brown said he did not know if the suspect was shot and killed by deputies or if the wound was self-inflicted.

In total, the sheriff confirmed seven people were killed, including the gunman; seven others are hospitalized either with gunshot wounds or traumatic injuries -- one with life-threatening injuries; there are nine separate crime scenes.

The time frame between the first 911 call to the discovery of the dead suspect was ten minutes.
[...]

At this time, the sheriff is not releasing the suspect's name, although he has been identified.

Brown called the suspect "severely mentally disturbed" and said, "This was a premeditated mass murder."

Word on the street quickly spread about an ominous YouTube video posted by a young man who identified himself as Elliot Rodger, titled "Retribution." The nearly seven minute long rant blasts women who've ignored or rejected him over the past eight years and warns that he will "punish you all for it."

When questioned about the video during the news conference, Sheriff Brown indicated investigators were familiar with it and are looking into whether Roger was connected with the crime.

[...]

http://www.keyt.com/news/shooting-in-isla-vista/26152454

His swan song, for as long as it stays up: "Elliot Rodger's Retribution"

Live postings on the UCSB Subreddit as everything went down, including their identification of the suspect:

http://www.reddit.com/r/UCSantaBarbara/comments/26css4/multiple_gunshots_in_front_of_iv_deli/

From what I'm reading he was a smug, whiny little "GIRLSDON'TLIKEME" douche.

Sorry for the multiple posts - this is my first thread attempt.

From the comments on the youtube video
2838B0D5-6581-4229-B636-0814DDDE453A_zpsemwkkttf.jpg

His dad on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3201913/

His mom: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015033/

His blogspot: http://elliotrodger.blogspot.fr/; there's only one entry, from last month.
Lonely in Santa Barbara

Being lonely in a beautiful place like Santa Barbara is truly a horrible experience. As I've said many times, a beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone, especially while having to watch other men walking around with their girlfriends. I wish girls were attracted to me. I don't know why they aren't.

Google Profile https://plus.google.com/app/basic/112420115103149734170?source=apppromo

Story
Tagline: Magnificent, supreme gentleman
Introduction My name is Elliot Rodger. I was born in the UK, but moved to the United States at the age of 5. I grew up in Calabasas and Woodland Hills, California. Currently, I am attending college in Santa Barbara, and while there I am staying the the town of Isla Vista. I have tried very hard to fit in with the social scene there, but I have ultimately been unable to do so. There are too many obnoxious people who have ruined my whole experience at that place.

I consider myself a sophisticated, polite gentleman, unlike most boys my age. My father is of British descent, and my mother is of Asian descent, so that makes me a Eurasian. I enjoy hiking, exercising, watching sunsets, traveling, cars, fashion, going to nice restaurants, and going to parties. I have traveled all over the world, ever since I was a child. So far, I have visited ten countries, including Great Britain, the United States, France, Spain, Greece, Germany, Mexico, Singapore, Malaysia, and Morocco.

This kid needed discipline, he was craving it. He was given free reign and money to do whatever he wanted, and this is the result.

I'm at work (bad KJ...I know), but I just had to say that video of his is fucking creepy. He couldn't come across as a more loathsome, entitled, self righteous pussy if he tried.

I feel a bit bad saying that as his parents lost a child last night, but six other innocent people lost their lives too and I'm sure many are mourning their loss.

His FB is amazingly revealing. Virtually every photo is a highly posed selfie. He obviously plucked his brows, and in a couple of shots he's wearing lip gloss. A Narcissist in the classic sense.

A few thoughts.

It's so sad to see teen angst ratchet up to this level. The articles described him as severely mentally ill but didn't give more details. Obviously he didn't get the treatment or supervision that he needed. This is another testement to the poor state of mental healthcare in this country.

He's an attractive kid, some girl out there would have given him a shot. My guess from his remarks about the sorority is that he pursued girls that were the most sought after by other men, the popular girls. They sensed there was something off about him and wanted nothing to do with him.

In all the pics with his family he is clearly distancing himself in the shot. If the family had been closer he may not have been so desparate for others attention, or he may have learned the social skills to establish meaningful relationships. There is not a single pic of him with friends. The family was on a spanish language "real housewives" type show. That's a lot of pressure on any teen, and mom and dad were too preoccupied to see the signs. Their son had become completely deranged right under there noses.

I hope we don't find out that they downplayed his mental state to protect a television show. I can see them already lining up the book and movie rights, but I hope I'm wrong.

Mom's FB: https://m.facebook.com/soumaya.akaaboune?refid=17
Dad's FB: https://m.facebook.com/peter.rodger1?_rdr

California drive-by shooting: 'Son of Hunger Games assistant director' Elliot Rodger suspected of killing six

Elliot Rodger, named locally as the son of the assistant director of the Hunger Games films, is suspected of shooting dead six people before turning the gun on himself, in a rage against being rejected by women

[...]

The gunman, named locally as Elliot Rodger, was identified as the 22-year-old son of Peter Rodger, an assistant director on the blockbuster Hunger Games film series.

[...]

santa-barbara-cars_2921181c.jpg

In the video, the man who identified himself as Elliot Rodger, sat in the front seat of a car as he spewed forth his plans to wreak murderous “retribution” for his failure to find a girlfriend.

"Tomorrow is the day of retribution," the man said. "The day in which I will have my revenge against humanity."

After detailing how "girls have never been attracted to me," he threatened to “slaughter” members of a college sorority house – a group for female students - and then "take to the streets of Isla Vista and slay every single person I see there."

He said: 'I'm 22 years old and I'm still a virgin. I've never even kissed a girl,' he says in the video.

[...]

He delivered a a tirade about his '”loneliness, rejection, and unfulfilled desires” and blames women for preferring “obnoxious brutes” to him, 'the supreme gentlemen”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...r-Elliot-Rodger-suspected-of-killing-six.html

Boo Fucking Hoo

He looks like a whiny douche and I haven't even watched the video. Wow. Whaaa I don't have a girlfriend. Get over it dude you ain't the only one without pussy in your life but you are the only one shooting people over it.
How old was this kid anyway?

Last edited:
Something tells me he would've been a lot happier if he'd simply given the D a shot.

Anyways, some troll has already thrown up an inflammatory fanpage for him: https://www.facebook.com/elliotrodgerisgod
Never mind, it was taken down sometime within the last three hours (it had only been up for six when I first posted, but already had 50+ Likes and was receiving plenty of hatred.)

Last edited:
He looks like a whiny douche and I haven't even watched the video. Wow. Whaaa I don't have a girlfriend. Get over it dude you ain't the only one without lists in your life but you are the only one shooting people over it.
How old was this kid anyway?
He's 22

'You deserve to be annihilated’: 'Mass murder' rampage that left 7 dead near UC Santa Barbara linked to chilling YouTube video, police say
At least seven people are dead after a drive-by shooter opened fire in a student community next to UC Santa Barbara's campus. Police have not identified the gunman, but have linked the rampage to a creepy YouTube video of a 22-year-old man detailing his plans to ‘slay every single person’ he sees.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...santa-barbara-article-1.1804163#ixzz32fEve8ig

Santa Barbara killer — son of 'Hunger Games' assistant director — made chilling video titled ‘Elliot Rodger’s Retribution’
The shooting spree in the beach town left seven dead, including the shooter, and seven wounded. In the video the speaker, who claims to be a virgin rejected for years, coldly states, ‘I am going to enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blond slut.’
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...video-reports-article-1.1804354#ixzz32fFauyYI

The family of a man they believe went on a shooting rampage near a Santa Barbara, California, university called police several weeks ago after being alarmed by YouTube videos “regarding suicide and the killing of people,” a lawyer said Saturday.
Police interviewed Elliot Rodger and found him to be a “perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human,” family attorney Alan Shifman said.

Shifman added that police did not find a history of guns, but did say Rodger “didn’t have a lot of friends,” had trouble making friends and didn’t have any girlfriends.

Shifman is the attorney for Peter Rodger, who was an assistant director on “The Hunger Games” film series. Authorities have not confirmed the identity of the shooter.
[...]
http://wavy.com/2014/05/24/attorney-family-suspects-son-in-shootings/

Half of me feels bad for the guy. The other half of me is thinking, "What a douche lunatic."
Narcissistic? Now that you've pointed it out, a resounding YES!
Jesus fricking Christ.
But, my initial thought? Most women probably assumed he's gay. Those lips are quite luscious.

Lonely Santa Barbara killer led "sexually frustrated' life and promised to 'kill as many people as people'
The father of one of the six victims gunned down on Friday night by Elliot Rodger, blamed the NRA and politicians for the death of his only son, Christopher Martinez. He shouted with grief at a press conference: 'You don't think it will happen to your child until it does.'
[...]
Shooter Elliot Rodger, 22, who posted a incendiary YouTube rant promising a slaughter of sorority sisters and strangers on the street, was named by an attorney for his family.

The Santa Barbara County Coroner's team pulled three bodies out of the Capri Apartments in Isla Vista on Saturday where Rodger reportedly lived. It's not known if the bodies are included with the current death toll of seven,
[....]
In a manifesto sent to a local TV station hours before the murders, Rodgers detailed his life story and talked about killing his roommates.

I would have to kill my housemates to get them out of the way," he wrote. "In fact, I'd even enjoy stabbing them both to death while they slept."
It's not known if the bodies pulled from the apartments belonged to his roommates.
[..]
Three of the victims have been identified as Veronika Weiss, 19, Katie Cooper and Christopher Martinez.
Martinez's father, Richard, shouted with grief and blamed “craven” and “irresponsible” politicians and the NRA for the death of his only son at a press conference on Saturday.

“You don’t think it will happen to your child until it does,” Martinez said as he held a photo of his son as a child playing baseball. “Chris was a really great kid, ask anyone who knew him. His death has left our family lost and broken.”
"When will this insanity stop," the crying dad screamed. He added, "We should say to ourselves, 'Not one more," before he dropped the mic and stormed away from the podium.
[...]
I would have to kill my housemates to get them out of the way," he wrote. "In fact, I'd even enjoy stabbing them both to death while they slept."
It's not known if the bodies pulled from the apartments belonged to his roommates.
[..]
Three of the victims have been identified as Veronika Weiss, 19, Katie Cooper and Christopher Martinez.
Martinez's father, Richard, shouted with grief and blamed “craven” and “irresponsible” politicians and the NRA for the death of his only son at a press conference on Saturday.

“You don’t think it will happen to your child until it does,” Martinez said as he held a photo of his son as a child playing baseball. “Chris was a really great kid, ask anyone who knew him. His death has left our family lost and broken.”
"When will this insanity stop," the crying dad screamed. He added, "We should say to ourselves, 'Not one more," before he dropped the mic and stormed away from the podium.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...video-reports-article-1.1804354#ixzz32gQI48F1
Pics at link

Last edited:
How do you people with children even breathe? Worrying constantly. Ugh. I'm over 40. I KNOW my mother still worries about me.

How do you people with children even breathe? Worrying constantly. Ugh. I'm over 40. I KNOW my mother still worries about me.

It's hard. I take breaks from forums and websites about crimes and death because I find myself becoming paranoid that some of the things I read will happen to my kids. I've gotten a lot better about it, but my heart still jumps to my throat if they are not right by me when we are somewhere.

I'm sure there will be plenty of sleepless nights when they start hanging out with their friends and working when they are older.

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't completely devolve into a solely gun control argument in the media. He did kill 3 people with a knife before he started shooting. I'd like to see the debate focus on mental health.

Back