• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
An EgyptAir flight from Cairo from Paris has disappeared from radar, the company said in a tweet Wednesday night.

"EGYPTAIR A320 was at a height of 37.000ft, and disappeared after entering the Egyptian airspace with 10 miles," the airline tweeted.

The airline said on Twitter that it has "contacted the concerned authorities and bodies and inspection is underway through the rescue teams."

The airline did not say how many people were on the flight, however CNN reported there were 69 people on board.

EgyptAir: Flight has disappeared from radar - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...t-from-cairo-from-paris-disappears-from-radar

What the fuckety fuck?! Plane crashes are my worst nightmare, oh no, oh no, those poor people. Disappearing from radar, they're most likely doomed, sorry to say. This article says 69 people, 59 passengers (including 1 child and 2 infants) and 10 crew members. Seems like they were over land? They'll be finding wreckage soon...

Edit: Sorry, they were over water.

Last edited:
~ @SimplySpaztastic~ Been watching that missing Paris to Cairo flight. Looking like they are on site with search and rescue.

Didn't send a distress before just suddenly dropping off radar.

Of course news is going to be sketchy right now, everyone wanting to get the scoop, but this is out as of a few minutes ago.

Plane sent out SOS message - Egyptian officials

An official in Egyptair said Egyptian said that Military search and rescue operations have received an SOS message from the plane emergency devices at 4:26 am Cairo time (3.36am London time).

The statement said that the Egyptian military sent some planes and navy units to search for the plane, and that the Greece has sent some planes with coordination with Egypt.

[...]

A French security source told the Telegraph: "We cannot rule out the possibility of a terrorist attack."

It comes as EgyptAir released the full passenger manifest and said that one Briton is onboard. (Aboard the flight were 30 Egyptians, 15 French nationals, one Briton and one Belgian.)

The French president, Francois Hollande, is to speak to his Egyptian counterpart, Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, in the next few minutes.

The prime minister, Manuel Valls, said: "We must be extremely prudent (about the possible causes). We are trying to gather all the information available."

An EgyptAir flight carrying 66 passengers and crew on a flight from Paris to Cairo went missing on Thursday, disappearing from radar over the Mediterranean Sea, Egypt's national airline said.

Officials with the airline and the Egyptian civil aviation department told Reuters they believed the Airbus A320 probably crashed into the sea.

[...]

Families of passengers rushed to Cairo International Airport shortly after dawn while the Egyptian and Greek military scrambled aircraft and boats to search for the plane.

"An official source at EgyptAir stated that Flight MS804, which departed Paris at 23:09 (CEST), heading to Cairo has disappeared from radar," the airline said on its official Twitter account.

Later Tweets by EgyptAir said the plane, which was traveling at an altitude of 37,000 feet (11,280 meters), disappeared in Egyptian air space at 02:30 a.m., some 280 kms (165 miles) from the Egyptian coastline, before it was due to land at 03:15 a.m.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ht-from-paris-to-cairo-disappears-from-radar/
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egyptair-airplane-idUSKCN0YA08W

Updated info is no distress signal. And other stuff. Still sketchy.

Aircraft was carrying 56 passengers, including one child and two infants, and 10 crew, EgyptAir said. They included 30 Egyptian and 15 French nationals, along with nationals from 10 other countries.
"The theory that the plane crashed and fell is now confirmed after the preliminary search and after it did not arrive at any of the nearby airports," said a senior aviation source, who declined to be identified.

"There was nothing unusual," EgyptAir vice chairman Ahmed Adel told Reuters. "The search and rescue aircraft from the Egyptian air force are at the position where we lost contact. They are still looking and so far there is nothing found."

Egyptian state newspaper Ahram reported no distress call was made and the last contact was 10 minutes before the plane disappeared.

The pilot had clocked up 6,275 hours of flying experience, including 2,101 hours on the A320, while the first officer had 2,766 hours, the airline said.

Greek air traffic controllers spoke to the pilot as the jet flew over the island of Kea, in what was thought to be the last broadcast from the aircraft.

"The pilot did not mention any problems," Kostas Litzerakis, the head of Greece's civil aviation department, told Reuters.

However, during the transfer to Cairo airspace, Greek controllers were unable to reach the pilot and the plane vanished from their radars shortly after leaving Greek airspace, he added.

Greece said it had deployed aircraft and a frigate to the area to help with the search.

A Greek defence ministry source said authorities were also investigating an account from the captain of a merchant ship who reported a 'flame in the sky' about 130 nautical miles south of the island of Karpathos.

The weather was clear at the time the plane disappeared, according to Eurocontrol, the European air traffic network. "Our daily weather assessment does not indicate any issues in that area at that time," it said.

Speed and altitude data from aviation website FlightRadar24.com indicated the plane was cruising at the time it disappeared.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egyptair-airplane-idUSKCN0YA08W

There was some confusion over whether a distress signal was sent by the plane.
'
Egypt's state-run newspaper al-Ahram quoted an EgyptAir statement as saying the Egyptian army's rescue and search had received a distress call from the plane at 04:26 local time - which would be around two hours after the flight disappeared.

But the Egypt's military subsequently said that no such signal was received.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36309492
[doublepost=1463652895,1463652247][/doublepost]
Among the passengers were 30 Egyptians, 15 French, two Iraqis, and one each from the UK, Belgium, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Chad, Portugal, Algeria and Canada.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/may/19/egyptair-plane-cairo-paris-live-updates

Not birds at that height, certainly not weather it sounds like as it was reported clear. No distress signal/radio contact, shit just went dead apparently. Dirty fucking egyptians involved....

it was terrorism, no fucking doubt about it.

How brave(or stupid) do you have to be to get on a plane to any middle eastern country? Fucking nutters.

I'm gonna go see if there are any conspiracy theories yet.
Who am I kidding. Of course there will be.

Or the folks saying it never really happened, it was just they needed to put some folks into deep cover and what's better than killing them first?

They corrected themselves...the debris found did not belong to the plane so the search goes on.

Two kinds of destinations I do not care to visit:

1. Anywhere in the Middle East.

2. Anywhere five American dollars makes me a wealthy target.

Such a powerful picture, I do wish the whole world could just get along. Agree to disagree and just live your life.

Such a powerful picture, I do wish the whole world could just get along. Agree to disagree and just live your life.

~ @cubby ~ I agree, the picture hits you right in your gut. The face of grief is not exclusive to any ethnicity, religion nor limited by whatever hemisphere of the planet you happen to be located on.

Last edited:
All I can hope for at this stage is that the cabin depressurized too quickly - or smoke inhalation was too intense - so that the passengers and crew passed out quickly, well before the plane crashing. Poor buggar.

Given the speed indications, the severed arm found and that not much else has shown up yet, I'm hoping that means it was a damn hard and fast impact. Less suffering for those poor people.
[doublepost=1463888287,1463888152][/doublepost]
Two kinds of destinations I do not care to visit:

1. Anywhere in the Middle East.

2. Anywhere five American dollars makes me a wealthy target.

Yeah. I reluctantly took Egypt off my bucket list awhile back now. I guess I'll never see the pyramids or the Sphinx, but I'm not spending a small fortune to be in a country where as a white, blonde female, I'll be harassed and in danger for my life. I can always look at them on Google Images and make do.

Yeah. I reluctantly took Egypt off my bucket list awhile back now. I guess I'll never see the pyramids or the Sphinx, but I'm not spending a small fortune to be in a country where as a white, blonde female, I'll be harassed and in danger for my life. I can always look at them on Google Images and make do.

You could always wait a couple of decades until you are looking a bit more matronly. Maybe by then the situation will look different, anyway.

All I can hope for at this stage is that the cabin depressurized too quickly - or smoke inhalation was too intense - so that the passengers and crew passed out quickly, well before the plane crashing.

So they don't at leawst get to enjoy the roller coaster ride down? If you gotta die, might as well do it in an exciting way. Fuck choking to death on smoke or suffocating due to lack of O2.

in a country where as a white, blonde female, I'll be harassed and in danger for my life. I can always look at them on Google Images and make do.

There's the most dangerous part when it comes to Egypt. You're gauranteed to be assaulted in some manner, that's an actual stat btw, 100% chance of being accosted in some way if you're a broad.

Back