• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
52c5bb7d43b8cpreview-300_zpsd6ae71e0.jpg

A 17-year old who allegedly murdered his mother in her bed with a shotgun last weekend went about his usual activities for two days before the body was discovered Wednesday

Eddie Robert Island confessed to shooting his mother, Tamila Wooley, 34,

The younger children, an 11-year old autistic boy and a 2-year old girl, were found in the home, unharmed, when their mother’s body was discovered New Year’s Day, Sharp said.

After the murder, Island told his autistic half-brother “that their mother was ill and not to be disturbed,” according to Sharp’s summary of the suspect’s statement.

Island’s usual duties apparently included care of the two younger children and the 17-year old continued taking care of them after their mother’s murder, Sharp said.

Island apparently changed diapers and fixed meals while their mother’s body lay behind a closed, but unlocked, door downstairs, Sharp said.

“He may have spent one night at a friend’s house and a night at home after the shooting,” Sharp said. “It’s believed that, for the most part, he carried on his usual life, and just ‘hung out.’”

Based on initial interviews, relatively minor disagreements with his mother might turn out to be the motive behind the shooting, Sharp said.

A neighbor told police that Island appeared to be bitter about some of his life circumstances, Sharp said.

Around noon on New Years Day, an acquaintance came to visit. The 11-year old came downstairs and opened the door to let the family friend come inside, Sharp said.

The acquaintance then discovered Wooley’s body, which was giving off an odor, Sharp said.

Police said the home was spotlessly clean downstairs, except for the kitchen and the mother’s bedroom, Sharp said.

Police found Wooley in bed, with at least two gunshot wounds in her chest, Sharp said.

Island and his mother’s Lexus were missing, Sharp said.

The wounds may indicate that the victim was sleeping. Another possibility is that she sat up in bed, with one hand in a defensive position, when the shots were fired, Sharp said.

Sharp said the workers with the Office of Child Services reassured the 11-year old boy and were able to elicit some important information from him.

Walker Police continued to search for the victim’s missing son, believing that he might be in his mother’s missing black Lexus sedan, although Island was not licensed or authorized to drive it, Sharp said.

At 2 a.m. Thursday, Walker Police and the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s deputies located Island, driving alone in the Lexus north of Walker, Sharp said.

Island is now in custody at the Livingston Parish Detention Center where he is being held without bond on a second-degree murder charge, Sharp said.
http://www.livingstonparishnews.com/news/article_d4346df4-733c-11e3-ace2-0019bb2963f4.html

Since this happened less than 2 miles from me, I've been hearing the street news. Eddie didn't want to leave Cali and move down here; some are saying he pretty much had to take care of the two younger kids, and it was making him frustrated and angry. Consensus here right now, with the little info and lots of gossip available, is that the move to a strange new place, the loss of his friends and activities, he hadn't had time to make new friends here and was lonely, and being responsible for a little one and an autistic brother got to be too much. Tragic all the way around.

Eddie didn't want to leave Cali and move down here; some are saying he pretty much had to take care of the two younger kids, and it was making him frustrated and angry
I may get flamed for this but I don't give a fuck, I hate hate hate to hear that parents leave the "babysitting" to the older child. If you can't afford childcare, then don't have kids, don't make your other kids responsible for the little ones, you chose to have sex, get pregnant..... why the fuck should someone that hasn't even matured, be responsible for YOUR kids, yes they are YOUR kids, no one else's.

I was raised by my grandparents, and my grandmother had kidney problems that would mean someone taking her to the doctor, and when school was in it was no problem, but guess what I spent my summers doing since I was probably 9, babysitting my aunts kids, cause she couldn't take her own kids and take my grandma to the doc, and it wasn't just go to the doc and back, she would go shopping afterwards, I was in charge of 8 kids from 8 am to about 6 or 7 pm a few times a week. I never knew what it was to go outside and play. I remember changing diapers when I was 8, I was very resentful but couldn't do anything about it cause they were "doing my grama a favor.

When my baby was born, my oldest was 17 and not once have I let him change his or any of his other brother's diapers, he has watched him while I run to the store if he's asleep, I had so many comments that would piss me the fuck off, like "oh you have a built in babysitter" to which my reply always has been, "nop, my kids weren't born to raise my other kids"

Sorry to get off track, but I think parents that put older kids in charge of the younger ones need to step back and really analyze what their doing to their older kids.

This mom did not deserve to be shot by her own son, but I have to think that she should have taken a step back and talk to him, ask him if he was ok, if the kids made him fustrated.....

This is pretty much all we have to talk about here, that and the weather. Bear in mind that this is "word on the street"; down here it's usually reliable, but.... Y'all know how that goes. People are helping family members dealing with this; they've had to come a long way. I'm sorry for everyone involved.

Back