• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
The first of two Missouri men arrested in the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers appeared in a St. Louis federal court Friday for a probation violation.

Jimmy Rodgers, 25, and Curtis Wayne Wright are both charged with second-degree murder in Sievers’ death.

Rodgers, who was on probation for possessing a handgun as a felon, was arrested Wednesday for leaving Missouri without contacting his probation officer, according to a federal arrest warrant.

In court, Rodgers and his attorney waived the detention hearing, essentially admitting to the probation violation. However, Rodgers’ attorney only admitted that his client was out of the district, not in Florida.

Rodgers will be sentenced on Sept. 2 for violating probation and will serve at least four months in federal prison in Missouri, with a maximum of 10. Any extradition proceedings will take place after he serves his time.

ARRESTS

Scott said the arrests of Rodgers and Wright are “a big deal” and described the case as “a targeted set of circumstances.”

“This is the most complicated, intricate set of circumstances that most of us have ever seen,” said Scott, who added that the case remains active.

According to a federal warrant, Rodgers was in Fort Myers on June 28 at a Walmart on 6 Mile Cypress Parkway. An investigator from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit reported the findings to the federal court, leading to Rodgers’ arrest.

According to Teresa Sievers’ sister, Annie Lisa, Rodgers’ pregnant girlfriend turned him in. She had a message for the girl, named Taylor. Lisa called Taylor “a brave smart girl who did the right thing.” She went on to say that “all of that goodness will come back to her baby.”

Rodgers and Wright are friends on Facebook. Wright is also the long time friend of Siever’s husband, Mark, who has known him since grade school. Sievers listed him as a “brother” on Facebook. Mark Sievers also knew Rodgers, according to sources.

BACKGROUND

Sievers, 46, who operated the Restorative Health and Healing Center in Estero, was found dead in her Bonita Springs home on June 29.

Following a family gathering, Teresa Sievers flew home alone from Connecticut the night before she was killed. The last she was heard from was a phone call to her husband, letting him know that she arrived safely, family members said. She was a mother of two.

Neighbors heard screams and arguing coming from the Sievers’ Jarvis Road home early the next morning. Teresa Sievers’ body was discovered a few hours later. She was beaten to death with a hammer, sources said.

Scott previously described the case as “full of intricacies, twists and turns.”

“We are vigorously, that’s an understatement, looking through a multitude of leads, and evidence,” he said in July. “A great volume and body of work at play here. One that frankly I have not seen in my time.”

Teresa Sievers was known for writing about women’s health issues and was interested in helping people avoid age-related disorders. She was board certified in internal medicine, held a medical master of science degree in metabolic and nutritional medicine, and obtained numerous private certifications in anti-aging, functional, integrative and holistic medicine, and transcutaneous acupuncture, according to the Fort Myers News-Press.

FAMILY/NEIGHBORHOOD REACTION

One neighbor actually cheered the moment the second arrest was announced.
That neighbor says they are extremely happy to hear that there will be justice for Sievers.
Her sister, Annie Lisa, says that’s all the family can hope for as well. Reacting to the news of Jimmy Rodgers, and Curtis Wayne Wrights’ arrests, Lisa said that, “we all miss Teresa every day.”

Lisa says “her grief will have to just be put on hold until this is settled. She says there is plenty of time to fall apart later.” Lisa continued to say that “Teresa was a pillar of wisdom for our family. we all looked up to her.” She shared with us some photos of the sister, that she said represented some of their best times.

Lisa says the two were always smiling. “I called her the older sister that I never had and I was 5 1/2 years older. I’ve been relying on her to tell me what to do since she was 10 years old because that’s how wise and amazing she was.”
http://www.winknews.com/2015/08/27/missouri-man-charged-in-bonita-springs-doctors-killing/

Husband's BFF...makes my hinky meter go up. Was the husband involved in the planning and plotting of his wife's death? I wonder if there will be another arrest.

Husband's BFF...makes my hinky meter go up. Was the husband involved in the planning and plotting of his wife's death? I wonder if there will be another arrest.

Husband's childhood friend kills his wife while he and the kids are conveniently out of town? It looks bad, I'm sure it took police two seconds to figure this out.

2BC426DB00000578-3215229-image-m-3_1440856474903.jpg

Teresa Sievers (1968 - 2015) - Photo Source

Teresa Sievers Obituary - Legacy.com
Teresa Ann Sievers, MD, MSMS

June 29, 2015

Teresa Ann Grace Sievers, MD, MSMS, FAARM, ABIHM 46, of Bonita Springs died unexpectedly Monday, June 29, 2015 at her residence. Teresa was born November 19, 1968 in Derby, CT a daughter of the late John E. Tottenham and Mary Ann (Aquila) Groves (Thomas Groves). Dr. Sievers graduated Valedictorian in 1986 from Ansonia High School in CT and Fairfield University 1990 with a Masters of Science in Biology and had been a resident of Bonita Springs since 2006.

In 1996, Dr. Sievers graduated with honors from Ross University School of Medicine. She completed her residency at the University of Florida in Jacksonville where she was awarded resident of the year. She became board certified in Internal Medicine. After moving to Bonita Springs in 2006, she opened her practice, Restorative Health & Healing Center in the Estero Medical Center and was on staff at Naples Community Hospital.

In 2008, Dr. Sievers completed a board certification and fellowship at the American Academy of Anti-Aging, Regenerative & Functional Medicine. Four years later, she obtained her Medical Master of Science Degree in Metabolic & Nutritional Medicine through the University of South Florida. Intrigued by Eastern medicine, Dr. Sievers began exploring energetic healing and was the first MD in SW Florida to openly embrace the mind, body and spirit connection and as a core healing modality offered to patients. Sievers and her partner Lenka Spiska, Intuologist - Quantum Energy Healer, were committed to taking healing to the next level. Her motto to her patients, "I am passionate about empowering you to tap into the doctor within you."

Dr. Sievers believed strongly in supporting local charities and giving back to her community. In 2008, she became directly involved with Our Mother's Home of Southwest Florida and teacher to teen mothers and their babies. She also worked with Wings of Shelter International in SW Florida and The Good Shepherds Ministry of Ft. Myers.

Dr. Sievers is survived by her loving husband, Mark D. Sievers; two daughters, Josephine Edie Sievers (11) and Carmela Louise Sievers (8); her mother, Mary Ann Groves (Thomas) of Seymour, CT; two brothers, Patrick J. Tottenham of Beacon Falls, CT and Frank S. Longobardi of Manalapan, NJ; three sisters, Annie Tottenham Lisa (Petr) of Ansonia, CT, Nim Tottenham Delafield, PhD (Joe) of New York, NY and Dr. Dawn Tottenham of Long Island, New York, NY; 8 nieces and nephews, Micky, Sage, William, Ysabella, Grace, Beatrice, Audrey, and Lennon. She is also survived by her mothers-in-law, Bonnie Sievers and Melanie Dee Porter.

Husband's childhood friend kills his wife while he and the kids are conveniently out of town? It looks bad, I'm sure it took police two seconds to figure this out.

No doubt the suspicion came quickly. Proving it is a different matter entirely.

No doubt the suspicion came quickly. Proving it is a different matter entirely.

Agree, but I'm guessing it won't be a problem. Out-of-state friend in a killing mood stops by when she's the only one home...just odd. Anyone know why their mug shots are at different locations? (and why one guy is topless?)

Agree, but I'm guessing it won't be a problem. Out-of-state friend in a killing mood stops by when she's the only one home...just odd. Anyone know why their mug shots are at different locations? (and why one guy is topless?)
Perhaps they were arrested in different counties.

Last edited:
Intrigued by Eastern medicine, Dr. Sievers began exploring energetic healing and was the first MD in SW Florida to openly embrace the mind, body and spirit connection and as a core healing modality offered to patients. Sievers and her partner Lenka Spiska, Intuologist - Quantum Energy Healer,

So she was a fucking nutbag. Sad all her talent and inteligence ultimately went to waste with this quack nonsense.

survived by her loving husband, Mark D. Sievers

I might have held off on that bit for now

I do need more details before condemning the husband. Perhaps his old friends knew they had money and this was simply an attempted robbery. It's possible.

Intuologist/Quantum Energy Healer? What a load of horseshit. It pains me when otherwise brilliant people turn full-on quack.

More on the story...

Chilling photos show mom-of-two's alleged killers - including her husband's childhood friend - laughing and taking selfies before she was found murdered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3216144/Jimmy-Rodgers-Curtis-Wayne-Wright-Jr-hung-twice-Teresa-Sievers-dead-home.html

Intricate investigation of Sievers murder explained by Sheriff

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/31/teresa-sievers-murder-suspects-churn-through-court-jimmy-rodgers-curtis-wayne-wright-missouri/71478592/

So the one guy was an employee. Husband may have actually had nothing to do with it at all. It'd be a huge surprise, but it's seeming more and more possible.

Creepy how similar they look.

Chilling photos show mom-of-two's alleged killers - including her husband's childhood friend - laughing and taking selfies before she was found murdered

Would this have been in an attempt to establish an alibi somewhere?

Sheriff Mike Scott appears on 'Nancy Grace' to discuss Dr. Teresa Sievers case
Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott appeared on the “Nancy Grace” show Tuesday night, repeating that he still considers the homicide case of Dr. Teresa Sievers active and ongoing.

“We have still evidence that’s yet to be finalized in terms of being evaluated and analyzed,” he told Grace. “We have not let up. Our foot is very much on the gas pedal, and we’re moving full speed ahead with the investigation.”

At the beginning, investigators first focused on people in “that general envelope of initial suspicion,” including Sievers’ family members, close friends and business associates, Scott said. Two weeks after she was found dead on June 29, two lead detectives learned of a possible connection to Missouri and were sent to do further investigation.

Once in Missouri, Scott said the two detectives gained more of a sense of what had happened.

“Things continued to unfold,” Scott said. “We started to get some big breaks in the case.”

At one point during their interview, Grace asked Scott if Sievers had a life insurance policy. Scott didn’t answer directly but said it is “an angle we’re very much aware of and very much on top of.”

Scott declined to answer Grace’s questions about whether there was a safe in the house or whether investigators had recovered a bloody jumpsuit. Asked by Grace if he was sure that suspects Jimmy Rodgers and Curtis Wayne Wright were the only ones to enter the Sievers residence, Scott said, “I’m not able to say that with certainty, no.”

Other than the named suspects, both of whom are named on warrants for second-degree murder, the sheriff said he wasn’t at liberty to discuss whether anyone else was directly or indirectly involved in the crime.

Although Wright is fighting his extradition back to Florida, Scott said he has no doubt the two men will eventually be sent back to Florida to face the charges.

“That process is going to happen regardless,” he said, saying if it comes down to it “our governor will serve a warrant to bring them here.”

During his time on the television program, Scott made clear there’s still much that hasn’t been made public about the case. He said law enforcement is still learning new information every day.

“Sheriff Scott, my head is absolutely spinning,” Grace said at one point.

“My head is spinning as well, and has been since the case unfolded,” Scott replied.

Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott revealed for the first time how law enforcement linked Missouri man Wayne Wright to the murder of Bonita Springs Dr. Teresa Sievers.

Wayne Wright and Jimmy Rodgers are both currently sitting behind bars in Missouri, accused of killing Doctor Teresa Sievers.

Rodgers was caught at a Wal-Mart on Six Mile Cypress Parkway in Fort Myers, the night before Sievers’ murder, setting his arrest in motion.

For the first time, we are hearing he wasn’t alone. Sheriff Scott says Wright was with him.

Sheriff Scott says evidence, including surveillance, helped deputies pin them down.

“We know precisely what they purchased and again it’s part of the ongoing investigation,” said Scott.

Wright is a childhood friend of Sievers’ husband Mark. When asked how Rodgers is connected to the Sievers, Sheriff Scott said, “We are not speaking specifically to that.”

Scott was further asked if LCSO had established a connection between Rodgers and Sievers. He said, “we have established many connections between many people in this investigation.”

Last week, Rodger’s neighbor in Missouri told us she has spotted Mark Sievers at the trailer before.

“Not much I can say about that, the lady has spoken. She said what she said,” said Scott.

Scott was asked whether tolls, financial transactions, and cell phone activity played a part in catching the men.

“I spoke broadly to what I referred to as a digital footprint, day and age we are in. Cellular activity and the like, we retraced steps,” said Scott.

Wright’s attorney said Thursday the sheriff’s office doesn’t have enough to charge his client.

“I assure you I know more about the case than he does. I know more about the evidence than he does. There’s a reason the warrant was signed in the first place,” said Scott.

Scott also could not confirm nor deny whether someone else was in the home at the time of the murder.

However, Scott did confirm that his office was involved in a SWAT raid of Wright’s trailer in Hillsboro, Missouri on July 12.

“We were there, we were part of it. The reason for the raid was our investigation. We won’t speak to what was taken there or what was done there,” said Scott.

WINK News also spoke Rodgers’ foreman at his construction job in Cadet, Missouri. Jeff Conway said Rodgers’ told him directly why and how he was in Florida the days surrounding Sievers’ murder.

“He told me his brother had invited him to a Florida for the weekend… they just wanted to get together and kind is celebrate his brother’s graduation from law school. He said his brother was paying for the whole trip,” Conway told WINK News.

WINK News has been in constant contact with Rodgers’ brother ever since news of the arrests broke. He told us he had no knowledge of any trip to Florida his brother ever made. In fact, Rodgers’ brother hasn’t even graduated law school yet.

Scott says they continue to investigate, and that they will bring Wright and Rodgers back to Florida, even if they are kicking and screaming.
http://www.winknews.com/2015/09/04/...w-sievers-murder-suspect-was-linked-to-crime/
[doublepost=1452294396,1444024729][/doublepost]
Images of key evidence - including a photo of a bloodied hammer - connected to the murder of a beloved Florida doctor have been released to public six months after she was killed.

The images give the first look at the crime scene and evidence obtained in the six months since mother-of-two Teresa Sievers, 46, was killed in her Bonita Springs home while her family was on vacation in Connecticut. She had returned a day early to return to work in Estero.

Investigators in Florida believe Mark Sievers, the husband of the well-respected doctor, orchestrated her June 29 murder to cash in on her multimillion-dollar life insurance policy.

Mark Sievers has not been charged in her death, but his longtime friend, Curtis Wayne Wright Jr, and another man, Jimmy Rodgers Jr, have both been jailed in connection to the murder.

Among the photos released on Thursday by the State Attorney’s Office are images of a vehicle rented by Wayne, crime scene photos of a blood-spattered kitchen and Sievers’ clothing and jewelry.

A bloodied hammer covered with hair was found near Sievers’ body. An autopsy showed Sievers died from a blunt-force trauma to the head likely caused by a hammer.

The first image of the set is a surveillance footage snap of Sievers walking through Southwest Florida International Airport on June 28 at 11pm, rolling her suitcase behind her.

Photos of the airport, her luggage and receipts were also released Thursday by the State Attorney’s Office, according to the Naples Daily News.

[...]

She was found dead the next morning, wearing the same dress she had worn that weekend in a family reunion picture with her mother, two brothers and sister.
Another photo shows a white Hyundai Elantra, which detectives say Wright rented out and used to to drive from Missouri to southwest Florida with Rodgers.

The car was rented out on June 24 and was returned six days later with new 2,700 miles on it. The car was processed for evidence after it was recovered in Phoenix on July 14.

Investigators also photographed Dr Mark Petrites - a friend of the Sieverses who Mark Sievers called to check on his wife. Petrites found Sievers in the kitchen and called 911.

Photos show blood splatter throughout the home’s kitchen, on Sievers’ clothing and jewelry and on the hammer.

The same day as Sievers’ funeral, Mark Sievers was seen throwing away computers from his wife’s medical practice. Photos of the dumpster were also included in Thursday’s document release.

In December, officials released a damning 33-page probable cause affidavit, presenting evidence in the case, including GPS data, phone records and text messages, Mark Sievers ' connection to the two men accused of his wife's murder was not a mere coincidence.

Among the evidence laid out in the documents cited by the News-Press was an incriminating statement from Rodgers' girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, claiming her boyfriend and Wright were hired by Mark Sievers to kill Sievers’ wife.

'This murder was committed in expectation of Wright getting paid an undisclosed amount of money from Mark Sievers and then in turn, he was to pay Rodgers $10,000 for his involvement,' detectives said in the probable cause statement.

The documents also allege that Mark and Teresa Sievers' marriage was on the rocks, with both spouses involved in a series of extramarital affairs and experimenting with swinging.

Detectives believe the motive behind the murder-for-hire plot was financial in nature. In 2013, the IRS filed a federal tax lien against the Sieverses for failing to pay $32,000 in federal taxes.

According to the affidavit, Mark and Teresa had five life insurance policies on each other totaling $4.4million.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-throwing-computers-dumpster-days-murder.html

The husband of Dr Teresa Sievers, who was bludgeoned to death with a hammer in her Bonita Springs, Florida home in June last year, has been charged in her murder by police.

Mark Sievers has been accused of commissioning two men — his childhood friend Curtis Wayne Wright Jr and Jimmy Rodgers — to kill his wife while he and their two children were visiting family in Connecticut.

Rodgers and Wright were arrested in August last year, and officials released a probable cause affidavit linking Sievers to the pair in December, but an arrest was only made on Friday, the same day that Wright co-operated with police.

The body of Teresa Sievers, who was known locally for her appearances on television and in magazines, was found in her kitchen by neighbors on June 29. The back of her head had been smashed in with a hammer.

Rodgers and Wright were picked up soon after, when GPS data from a vehicle Rodgers rented showed it was driven to Wright's home in Missouri and then to Sievers's home in Florida on the night of the murder

Even more damningly, Rodgers's girlfriend, Taylor Shomaker, contacted police to tell them that he had told her Sievers commissioned him and Wright to commit the killing.

However, it wasn't until Friday that police made their move. That was the same day Wright agreed to plea deal that got him a shorter sentence of 25 years, according to NBC 2.

Lee County sheriff Mike Scott said in December: 'We have no problem arresting people, but we do so when the time is right, particularly in a case like this. There’s a great deal at stake and we want to make sure everything is correct.'

He declined to say why investigators moved now, bit did tell WINK News that 'We were after Mark Sievers, we got our man, and we’re very happy for that.'

Sievers appeared before Lee County jail court on Friday, where he was charged with second-degree murder for allegedly commissioning Wright and Rodgers to break into his wife's home and murder her.

He showed little emotion during the hearing, reported ABC News, adding that Scott said of Sievers: 'I’m not 100 percent sure he’s got blood in his veins. I think it might be ice.'

The motivation for the murder was not immediately apparent, but may have had something to do with financial difficulties; WINK reported that the couple owed more than $32,000 to the IRS, and that life insurance policies on the couple totaled more than $4.4million.

Perhaps not coincidentally, Sievers's bail was set at $4.43million. If convicted, he could face the death penalty.

Sievers's arrest came after an in-depth investigation that spanned multiple states and had investigators listening to hours of phone calls between him and Wright, a childhood best friend, during which they believe the killing was commissioned.

'This murder was committed in expectation of Wright getting paid an undisclosed amount of money from Mark Sievers and then in turn, he was to pay Rodgers $10,000 for his involvement,' said Lee County Sheriff’s Office in court documents.

According to WINK, the documents outline a number of details that point to Sievers's involvement in his wife's murder.

These include claims that the couple had been heard arguing loudly by neighbors, that they had both had 'multiple affairs' and that they were considering divorce.

It is also alleged that Sievers, who was in Connecticut with the couple's children visiting relatives, told his mother-in-law to leave the Florida home's burglar alarm deactivated hours before his wife returned to it, and that when police later asked him to give a DNA sample he refused.

It also says that both Sievers and Wright had 'coded' conversations on disposable cell phones and that Wright and Rodgers were seen buying 'suspicious items' in a Florida Walmart, as well as mentioning the GPS evidence from Rodgers's hire car.

Appearing before court on Friday, Wright pleaded guilty to second-degree murder for his role 'in the planning and participating of the murder of Teresa Sievers,' WINK reported.

He also agreed to help prosecutors with and has accepted a shorter sentence of 25 years.

A statement released by Wright's attorney said: 'The decision of Curtis Wayne Wright to accept responsibility and plead guilty to second-degree murder will hopefully begin to answer the many questions and bring closure to the family of Teresa Sievers.'

Scott described the case as the most complicated in his 28 years in law enforcement, according to WINK.

'Our community can take solace knowing that the power of the sheriff’s office was brought to bear on three very dangerous people who gave a great deal, and I want to underscore, a great deal of effort and energy into covering their tracks, into throwing us off on their track,' he said.

Back