• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
giarratana-glenn.jpg
Dr. Glenn Giarratana was arrested at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 22 for the alleged sexual assault of one of his female patients.

[...]

he woman was at the Hartford Dispensary, located at 961 Bank St. in New London on or about June 9, 2014, for her yearly physical, and after meeting with the nurse, she was left alone in the examination room with Dr. Giarratana.

During the physical examination, the woman reported that Dr. Giarratana sexually assaulted her. The woman left immediately after and immediately reported the incident to the nurse at the facility.

[...]

. An arrest warrant was drafted and reviewed by the State of Connecticut Superior Court, and then an arrest was issued.

Dr. Giarratana turned himself into police headquarters and was released on a $25,000 court set bond.

[...]
http://foxct.com/2014/10/22/new-london-physician-arrested-after-reported-sexual-assault/

Ewwwwww, just ewwww omg...

I had a very cute Croatian physician who was my regular doctor. Every time he had to do the girlie exam, I blushed... I was in my twenties then. And I just loved his accent. But he was always very appropriate and professional.

~shadow

Over several months time, there was a time working at our jail when we had a locally popular GP (gen. prac.) doc, a thoracic surgeon, and an oral surgeon in (two of them @ the same time) for sexual assaults on female patients. The GP and thor. docs were brazen, but the oral surgeon molested his patient while he had her knocked out.

The police report stated the victim woke in the recovery room and "immediately felt her panties weren't on right," and she "noticed an unusual smell and a damp area on her panties." *gag* No evidence of penetration according to the medical report, discharge records, and police reports, but I don't need to tell anyone what the disgusting SOB did on the outside of her body.

Dr.'s did come through every once in awhile (and man, the inmates treated them like gods :vomit:), but three within 3-4 mos. was a trip, especially when they had to deal with our docs and all the nsg. staff. No words were necessary. The looks on their pathetic faces during their mandatory physicals, and during Sick Call said it all.

Last edited:
The ob/gyn's I've been to have always had a nurse in there when they do the exam.
That's the standard rule in every office, it doesn't matter if it's an OB or a gastro, if a patient takes off clothing for an exam a nurse must be present. My podiatrist would even grab me or one of the other billers to be in the same room anytime he had a female patient.

They do the the reverse, too- I had to get an ultra-sound on my ballsack once, and the technician was female, so they had some guy come in and sit in the corner reading a magazine while she was working on me.
That's the standard rule in every office, it doesn't matter if it's an OB or a gastro, if a patient takes off clothing for an exam a nurse must be present. My podiatrist would even grab me or one of the other billers to be in the same room anytime he had a female patient.
r

I've never had a nurse in the room during a regular yearly.

Yeah, I don't think it's actually a law, I was under the impression it was just a policy a lot of practices have in place, mainly to prevent lawsuits, I'd imagine. But I dunno, maybe someone who works in healthcare can enlighten us as to whether having a co-ed exam chaperoned is a law, or just a good idea.

That's standard policy in any doctor's office i've been to and worked at.

Yeah, I don't think it's actually a law, I was under the impression it was just a policy a lot of practices have in place, mainly to prevent lawsuits, I'd imagine. But I dunno, maybe someone who works in healthcare can enlighten us as to whether having a co-ed exam chaperoned is a law, or just a good idea.

It's not a law, just a good idea.

Back