• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
o7vhfq.jpg

A long time doctor has been arrested on nine counts of sexual assault on female patients. Other patients and the communities he served were shocked to hear that Dr. Donald Nicol was even being investigated.

[...]

The 73 year old is accused of nine counts of sexual assault. Police say the women are 19 and 21 years old. A source says they are sisters who have been patients of Dr. Nicol for years.

[...]

Dr. Nicol is a general practitioner. He isn't performing surgeries at the clinics and patients we spoke to don't believe he uses sedatives that put people out.

[...]

He was arrested yesterday morning at the Kahaluu Clinic. His Tesla was still parked out front. A neighbor says he's made a positive impact on the community and defended him.

We do know he has had complaints in the past. In 2010 he had a compliant with the state although he was not punished. A source says that case has now been reopened.

Also In 1990 there was a family abuse case. In 1984 he was accused of negligence. In 1979 there were two counts of sexual abuse and one harassment case. However court records don't go back that far so it's unclear if he was convicted.

Dr. Nicol remained in police custody as of late Thursday afternoon.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/26573094/sisters-accuse-family-doctor-arrested-for-sexual-assault

Brilliant. Another example of how "privilege" avoids sanctions, and these disgusting guys just keep waltzing through the system, incl. jumping from state to state. This is one reason a lot of Dr.'s don't want to be a member of the A.M.A. When they get popped for this sick, arrogant shit, you can call the A.M.A. and they have to tell you everything they've been in trouble for. Nowadays, you can just pull it up on their website under their name, and it's also listed under the "Disciplinary Actions" tab if they've ordered sanctions/restrictions on their licenses. :mad:

ETA: Same with the "Board of Healing Arts."

Brilliant. Another example of how "privilege" avoids sanctions, and these disgusting guys just keep waltzing through the system, incl. jumping from state to state. This is one reason a lot of Dr.'s don't want to be a member of the A.M.A. When they get popped for this sick, arrogant shit, you can call the A.M.A. and they have to tell you everything they've been in trouble for. Nowadays, you can just pull it up on their website under their name, and it's also listed under the "Disciplinary Actions" tab if they've ordered sanctions/restrictions on their licenses. :mad:

ETA: Same with the "Board of Healing Arts."
So my stoooopod is showing. Drs don't have to be part of the AMA? It's voluntary?

Not stoopid at all. Yeppers. Membership is voluntary. :(
Let's say in this case this guy is my dr. If I want to look him up, do I need to check multiple agencies, like the state board as well as AMA? Or is the info transparent no matter where I search.

This latest stuff probably wouldn't be in there yet, but any past sanctions and convictions should be. I'd check out the Board of Healing Arts first since it's the general directory. Then you can check the AMA to see if he was member. You may find some new/different info there. Anyone can check out any licensed doc. Used to be all you needed was name, state & city of practice. :)

Latest posts

Back