• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
A 6-year-old victim of a deadly Georgia car crash during a police chase near Atlanta was found hours after authorities completed their investigation.

Dorothy Wright, 76, and her two grandchildren were killed on their way to church Sunday morning when a man smashed into her car while fleeing College Park police officers.

Cops had chased the suspect to the Atlanta city limits when he crashed into the car, killing Wright, 12-year-old Cameron Cosner and 6-year-old Layla Partridge.

Cameron’s body was lying in the street after being tossed from the car,witnesses told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.. . .

Continued: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...leeing-police-chase-atlanta-article-1.2515828

They didn't find the six year old until 11 hours later. In this case, did it really take them that long to identify/notify next of kin?

How much more horrible would it have been if nobody had inquired of authorities about the youngest victim? How long would it have taken to discover her body in heavy underbrush? At that time, what would they have assumed to have happened to her? Would they ever connect the dots?

There was segment on the news last night while I was making dinner about the necessity of chasing these guys, but I don't think anyone should ever be chased into a densely residential area like this, could be kids everywhere, could have pushed that car into a house. My heart aches for them, to lose grandma and son and daughter all at once in such a horrific way.

And that must have been some hellacious bushes, to keep them from finding something as big as a 6 year old girl. Took them 11 hours! That is inexcusable.

I'm pretty much against police chases for stolen property, because the property is going to be destroyed anyway when they crash and property is not that important. I'm still angry about one that happened here several weeks ago. A family's van was stolen and equipped with a tracker, so they told police which way it was headed and they caught up and gave chase which was joined by County Sheriff's office. The perp ended up crashing into a pick-up truck killing the teenager who was driving. The family still won't be getting that van back as it is just a charred bunch of twisted metal now in which the perp died. I hope they're happy.

Kudzu is a fast grower and it still is the weed that ate the south but it doesn't excuse them in any way, they knew how many were in the car and they didn't look thoroughly enough for her, I would give them a pass if she had been found up a tree or on a roof, but right there on the ground under some bushes, NOPE!

Thank you @Buffettgirl I let my emotions run away with me...again. I guess in the excitement of finding the ones that they did find, it never occurred to them to look for someone else.

Back