• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

ST. LOUIS – Prosecutors have charged a St. Louis woman with arranging the deaths of two 16-year-old boys who were potential witnesses in a murder case against her teenage son — a case that initially fell apart because other witnesses then refused to testify.

Latashia Mopkins faces two counts each of first-degree murder and murder conspiracy, among other charges made public Wednesday. Her brother, nephew and a third man also face murder charges in the deaths of one or both of the two teenage witnesses, and prosecutors reinstated the original murder charge against her son, Tyrell Davidson.

[...]

Investigators allege that Davidson fatally shot 16-year-old Chauncey Brown in September 2013. Two other 16-year-olds who were witnesses were later killed. Mopkins is accused of offering money for the killings.

Fucked up on so many levels and then I read this
Beth Orwick, chief trial assistant to St. Louis Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce... said Latashia Mopkins had a police report on the Brown murder that included a list of potential witnesses. Orwick declined to say how Mopkins obtained it.
Orwick urged citizens to contact her office or the police if they have additional information on the murders.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/mother-two-relatives-named-in-scheme-to-eliminate-witnesses-against

Timeline is a unclear for when she got the police report. Her son would have told her anyways but someone passed it onto her.

So the entire family is trash that belongs in a cage. Not surprising in the least.

THe majority of people who commit violent crimes come from families without a single redeemable person in the bunch. We really should start punishing and removing entire family trees when people commit violent crimes.

He based his on shit like ethnicity and cultural background and beliefs and whatnot. What i'm suggesting is based on actual wrongdoing.

He included those with disabilities as well. And mental issues like schizophrenia, which is what I was reminded of by your original comment.

But I think you're saying this could be done strictly based on whether people are assholes and do shitty things..?

Welp. How the fuck did that work out for you and your sad excuse for a progeny? I am just mystified that she would steal the lives of two other children to make up for what her son did. She is not a mother. This is not what a mother does. It's not like this fuck up was headed anywhere in life but to the grave or to jail and she only has herself to blame.
This is what happens when you raise your kids to have the critical thinking skills of a gnat.
And if anyone shows up in court to support these idiots, lock them up too. People that stupid shouldn't be left unsupervised.

"A St. Louis man has pleaded guilty to killing a 16-year-old in a crime that prosecutors alleged his mother initially tried to cover up by orchestrating the deaths of two potential witnesses.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 23-year-old Tyrell Davidson was sentenced Friday to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the September 2013 killing of Chauncey Brown outside a youth club.

Prosecutors dismissed eight other counts against Davidson, including first-degree murder and witness tampering, as part of his plea. Davidson was 16 at the time of Brown’s death but was tried as an adult.

Within seven months of the killing, potential witnesses James Moore and Noah Barnes — both 16 — were fatally shot. Prosecutors alleged his mother, Latashia Mopkins, arranged the killings with her brother, nephew and a third man.

But murder charges against the four were dismissed in September 2018 after a St. Louis detective's brain cancer diagnosis left him unable to testify about a forensic evaluation of cellphones. The detective later died."

Link: Here!

Back