• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
More parents have admitted mistakenly trying to feed their children dog food after a pet snack pack featuring a well-known kids cartoon was put next to chips in a supermarket.

The store owners have apologised after dozens of horrified parents have said they bought the Scooby Snacks for their youngsters from the Whanganui Pak'n Save this week to eat at school and kindergarten.

They were shocked to discover the 30g individual carob snack treats were never intended for human consumption but were animal snacks.

Notices have gone up around Whanganui preschools and staff are checking lunchboxes to make sure children aren't eating the wrong food.

"I wondered why my boy didn't like the taste of them," posted a parent on Facebook.

One parent popped a doggie treat in her mouth after her child rejected it.

"I got these today not knowing they were dog food [and] tried giving one to my 1 year old. Lucky he wasnt hungry and I ended up eating one and spitting it back out followed by reading the packet more," she posted on Facebook.

Another parent said she bought a Scooby Snack multipack on Tuesday during her weekly shop believing it was children's food.

"I was absolutely mortified when I gave them to my daughter. She took one bite and said, 'this is rubbish'.

"I looked at the packet closely and gasped, 'Oh no, I am so sorry. I just fed you dog food'."

Link

--Al

some dried dog snacks are better than others, as a very small child I know I ate milk bones along with just about anyone else I have ever talked to

Oh geez! These parents act like they fed the kids arsenic or some shit! Its gonna be ok! I promise! My oldest daughter has always loved to buy her dog his own bag of treats for just her to feed him. When my youngest was 3, she was mad because her sister wouldn't let her feed the dog a treat, so the little asshole snuck into her sisters room and stole the whole bag of beggin strips and sat in the hallway and ate every single one of them...lmao! Nobody died! Everything is fine!

along with just about anyone else

Yep, every kid I have ever known has eaten a dog treat or two at one time, sometimes some dog food or cat food too. If it doesn't kill the dog, it won't kill your kid. It might not taste all that good, but it won't hurt you just to eat one or two. Tempest in a teapot.

Tho I've known a kid or two who actually liked them. LOL:cow::cat::chicken::beaver::bear::panda::penguin::nurse::hilarious:

Oh geez! These parents act like they fed the kids arsenic or some shit! Its gonna be ok! I promise! My oldest daughter has always loved to buy her dog his own bag of treats for just her to feed him. When my youngest was 3, she was mad because her sister wouldn't let her feed the dog a treat, so the little asshole snuck into her sisters room and stole the whole bag of beggin strips and sat in the hallway and ate every single one of them...lmao! Nobody died! Everything is fine!
Except they are not made in a factory with controlled cleanliness and controlled ingredients. If a dead mouse falls in the batch, it gets fished out... or not.

Meh, not news. Parents need to worry what the child is eating off the ground when they aren't looking. Not an accidental dog treat.

Just out of sheer curiosity, did none of these parent bother to read the package?

I mean yeah it had a cartoon character on it, but that's the only thing they looked at. Out of all those people, none of them looked at any other part of the package.

I'm not all that discerning when I buy my food, but I do glance at the ingredients. This is not only a fail on the market, but the parents for not even noticing.

So some parents are too fucking stupid and irresponsible to carefully read the label of what they feed their kids, and then bitch about it to the store?????

The news story here should be, "dumbass parents dont give a shit what they feed their idiot children". Nuff said.

No wonder there's an obesity problem when fucktard parents not only dont look at nutrition labels, they dont even look to see if it's even suitable for human consumption.

Every kid ive had the displeasure of raising has loved dog treats though. When i lock up all the people food to keep them from sneaking and eating every single fucking thing in the house while im asleep, they never fail to get into the dog treats.

Hey some of those treats are great for tarter control so at least the parents didn't have to worry about the little fuckers brushing their teeth.

Occasionally as a mistake fine,
But the ones that say wash hands after handling or made in China ???
Toxic Dogs are getting cancer at a alarming rate
I ate ( shared) my dogs can of dog food when about age 5 a couple of times. Huh

Wonder if I am MI now because of that ??
Lol

Except they are not made in a factory with controlled cleanliness and controlled ingredients. If a dead mouse falls in the batch, it gets fished out... or not.
Actually if pet food manufacturing has very strict requirements they almost have the same requirements has food manufacturing. Actually with the food safety modernization act at there's even stricter guidelines for pet food manufacturing.

For everyones information dog food and snacks are not dangerous to humans. There is a actual job called a dog food tester... Its to make sure the dog food tastes okay
If there is a dog food testing job for us humans then I highly doubt its dangerous to consume
Also if parents take the time to read what they feed their kids we wouldn't be hearing about this ridiculous crap!!

We MUST save the children! :rolleyes:

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates that can of cat food, bag of dog food, or box of dog treats or snacks in your pantry. The FDA’s regulation of pet food is similar to that for other animal foods. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) requires that all animal foods, like human foods, be safe to eat, produced under sanitary conditions, contain no harmful substances, and be truthfully labeled. In addition, canned pet foods must be processed in conformance with the low acid canned food regulations to ensure the pet food is free of viable microorganisms, see Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 113 (21 CFR 113).

https://www.fda.gov/animalveterinary/products/animalfoodfeeds/petfood/default.htm

Seriously though, why did a dozen parents publicly admit to this mistake? I'd be too ashamed that I never read labels and fed my kid dog food to ever tell anyone.

When my son was little I had to put the cat food on the counter because my son LOVED it and would eat it at any chance. Then again when my daughter was little we had to do it again, she wanted it so bad we couldnt even let her see the cat food:bored:.

I remember sampling friskies dried catfood when I was a kid. I had school mates who loved Milkbones. We never had a dog, so I missed out on that treat.
There is some flavor of Pedigree canned food which smells just like cheap canned corned beef hash. I've never tasted the Pedigree, but it always gives me a craving for real corned beef hash.

Last edited:
I can't tell you how often I've absent mindedly licked the spoon after dishing out the dogs' breakfast. I'm really picky about what I feed my dogs and frankly I think they eat better than I do sometimes.

There's a doggy ice cream treat called Frosty Paws which has a cute cartoon of a dog on the package and I've run into a few people who've eaten that by mistake and been horrified to find out the truth. Funny thing is there's nothing in it that isn't human grade food and it doesn't have all the chemicals and artificial colors that human ice cream has.

In the parents defense the packaging is pretty easy to think the doggy snacks aren't for people, but that all where my support ends for these whinny bitches. As far as I can tell, as soon as a kid popped them into their mouth they hated them and spat them out. So, no harm, no foul. The parents need to grow up and realize these things happen. Just give a little laugh and learn that you need to pay attention a bit better then next time you give your little preciouses a highly process treat.

Do kids still eat school paste? I remember a boy who kept eating his paste portion during craft time. After the teacher gave him five "servings", she refused to give him more. While the rest of us took home neatly woven and glued construction paper mats, he took home a mess of paper strips and a note from the teacher.
Now, that would be abuse. Back then it toughened the character.

Back