• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article187281973.html
Jessica Dilallo says she doesn’t regret asking a police officer to shoot the dog that was tearing apart her car.
[....]
In the video, Dilallo is seen talking to a police officer identified by NewsChannel9 as Lt. Matthew Locke of the Dalton Police Department. She can be heard imploring Locke to throw a rock at the dog gnawing away at her car, before asking “you don't think you should shoot him?”

Bruce Frazier, a spokesman for the Dalton Police Department, told NewsChannel9 that the dog was trying to get to two cats hiding under the hood of Dilallo’s car.

“You could shoot him. Let me ask a question, if I go out and get a gun and purchase it and everything could I have shot him legally? Why not?” she asked Locke in the video. “He’s destroying my property. Why would I not be able to shoot him?”

“That’s my property that he’s destroying,” she continued. “Well, what kind of consequences would I get? Because that's what’s going to happen next time.”

As the dog continued to rip away at the front bumper of Dilallo’s car, Locke says he doesn’t want to do anything that might anger the dog and cause it to attack people.

Animal control eventually came and removed the dog, named Red, and reunited it with its owner Ben Bonds, who told WRCBTV that he and his family were away for a funeral when Dilallo’s car was attacked.

But, despite what you see in the video, Bonds swears that Red isn’t aggressive.
[....]
Frazier wrote to NewsChannel9 in an email that Red “was not aggressive towards people” so “Locke decided not to try to pull the dog off himself because he didn’t want to be in a position where the dog attacked him and he was forced to shoot the dog.”

Bonds agreed to pay for the damages his dog caused to the car — but Dilallo said she is still grappling with the influx of threatening messages.

“Some of the messages say they're going to come find me and shoot me, telling me if I can't afford a $500 deductible and I have a new car, then I'm living beyond my means, and that I'm white trash,” she told WRCBTV. “It's insane.”

I disagree with the owner. That is a dangerous dog.

I disagree with the owner. That is a dangerous dog.
I dunno. Nothing he does in the video is aggressive. His hackles are never raised, his ears are normal, even his bark isn't aggressive. He's not in hunt mode because he clearly is paying attention to whats happening around him and reacting to it. A dog when hunting something ignores everything but that something. Another thing to take into account is all dogs have animal aggression of some sort, even the most cuddliest of them has it. Animal aggression and people aggression are 2 very different things.

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs who all snuggle up on the couch together and rub all over each other but if you take the dogs for a walk and they happen to see our cats roaming outside they lose their shit trying to get at them not all that different then what this dog is doing. The game for mine is all about catching their kitty buddies.

ETA: Not saying the dog doesn't have fixation issues the owner definitely needs to work on, just that its not showing aggression.

Last edited:
“Some of the messages say they're going to come find me and shoot me, telling me if I can't afford a $500 deductible and I have a new car, then I'm living beyond my means, and that I'm white trash,”
Meh, you posted the video hunny. Don't want people to judge, don't post vids. You wanted a viral video and when no one cared then it's all poor me. :yawn:

I say shoot the dog.
It roams unattended and can rip a car to bits, so it poses a clear and present danger to people.
Imagine if a kid was out playing with a cat or elderly person walking their dog.
This could have been afatal tragedy.

Deputy Dawg the Southern Tugnut was an ass with zero sympathy.

Charge the owner and ban him from pet ownership.
Take the cop out and teach him how to lasso.

Latest posts

Back