• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

kali

A Canadian anaesthetist who sexually assaulted women while they were sedated, but still aware of their surroundings, has been jailed for 10 years.

George Doodnaught was earlier convicted of kissing, fondling and forcing oral sex on 21 patients at North York General Hospital in Toronto, over a four-year period that ended in 2010.

The victims were aware of what was happening but could not move, the court heard.

In sentencing the doctor, Ontario Superior Court Judge David McCombs called the crimes "shocking and abhorrent", according to public broadcaster CBC.

"His conduct did enormous damage and was reprehensible in the extreme," it quoted Judge McCombs as saying.

During the trial, the defence argued the victims had in fact had vivid sexual dreams caused by sedatives known to play tricks with memory.

They also said Doodnaught could not have assaulted them undetected by other hospital staff separated only by a surgical screen in the operating room.

A researcher confirmed in court the drugs can cause hallucinations.

But he added it was unlikely all of the women, who did not know each other, would come forward separately with similar accusations against the same doctor.

Prosecutors said Doodnaught was an experienced doctor who knew the routines of a busy operating room, and timed the brief assaults to avoid detection.

"He had control over their level of anaesthesia and would have known that they could not openly resist," Judge McCombs said in his earlier ruling.

"He relied on the amnesiac effects of the drugs to shield him from complaints."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...-sexually-assaulting-sedated-patients/5284654

Not only is he a sick freak but he's obviously a terrible anesthesiologist. People shouldn't be aware or "remember" anything under anesthesia or deep sedation (cue the comments from members who remember their operation or their dentist finger-banging them)!

I know there have to be more cases, an anesthesiologist can have anywhere from 3-10 cases a day, and if he's on call even more.

Not only is he a sick freak but he's obviously a terrible anesthesiologist. People shouldn't be aware or "remember" anything under anesthesia or deep sedation (cue the comments from members who remember their operation or their dentist finger-banging them)!
Well, in fairness, it's probably really hard to monitor the anesthesia levels and rape someone at the same time.

I think there are a lot of people in health care like this. I remember when i was 12 or 13 and was sick with the flu and my grandfather took me to the next town over to get looked at as no one in our town was available that day to see me and the doctor fondled my boobs. It wasn't until years later into my adulthood that memory popped into my head and I realized this guy had no reason to be playing with my boobs for the flu.. He was old too and now I wonder how many girls he did this too =/

CAN YOU IMAGINE going in for some sort of surgery and your doctor, whom you're supposed to be able to trust, sedates you just enough so that you can't move, and then sexually assaults you while you're fully aware of it but can't fight back???? First of all, what a motherfucking COWARD. Secondly, his abuse of power needs to have DIRE consequences. There should be an entirely separate fucking charge for that. Ten years is not long enough. What a fucking nightmare he put these women through.

Back