• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
banner-wesley-0113_zpsd1422185.jpg
1013693_1379355918947748_1093212529_n_zps1bb2aec5.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/chad.oulson?fref=ts
A man is dead and a woman is hospitalized after they were shot Monday afternoon over the use of a cell phone during movie previews at the Grove 16 theater, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office reported.

A retired captain with the Tampa Police Department was charged in the shooting, according to the sheriff’s office.

The husband and wife, Chad and Nicole Oulson, were taken by ambulance to a Tampa area hospital, the sheriff’s office reported. Chad Oulson, 43, died, and Nicole Oulson, 33, was treated for a gunshot wound to the hand and released from St. Joseph’s Hospital, authorities said.

The Oulsons were sitting in front of Reeves and his wife, and Chad Oulson was texting on the phone as they awaited a showing of “Lone Survivor,” the sheriff’s office reported. Detectives said Reeves asked him to stop several times. At one point, Reeves left the theater and returned and Oulson asked him if he had reported him to management, the sheriff’s office reported.

Then an argument began and Reeves pulled out a gun and shot Oulson in the chest, the sheriff’s office reported. Nicole Oulson put her hand in front of her husband as the shot was fired and one bullet struck both of them, the sheriff’s office reported.

After the shooting, Reeves put the gun, a .380-caliber handgun, in his lap and an off-duty Sumter County sheriff’s deputy secured the gun detained him, the sheriff’s office reported.

“[The deputy] ran into the hot zone to make sure nobody else got hurt,” Pasco Sheriff Chris Nocco said.

Reeves retired from the Tampa Police Department on Sept. 30, 1993, and does not appear to have had any contact with the department since his retirement, said Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy. Reeves was instrumental in establishing the department’s Tactical Response Team, she said.

About 25 people were in the theater where “Lone Survivor” was showing, said Melanie Snow, a spokeswoman for the sheriff’s office.

Among them was Charles Cummings, a Vietnam veteran who had come to see “Lone Survivor” to celebrate his 68th birthday. Cummings said he was about two seats away from where the shooting happened.

Cummings, who was at the theater with his son, Alex Cummings, said when the argument began Reeves initially left to find a manager, but then returned and the argument started again.

He said the victim told the shooter, “I was just texting my 3-year-old daughter.” Then the voices got louder, someone threw popcorn and the one man shot the other, Cummings said.

Alex Cummings said his father told him to go out and call 911. When he returned, Alex Cummings said he heard Oulson say, “I can’t believe I got shot.” He then collapsed, Alex Cummings said. The man’s wife also had blood on her, he said.

Charles Cummings said a man who is a nurse attended to the victim until paramedics arrived.

“I can’t believe people would bring a pistol into a movie,” he said.

Both Cummings had blood splattered on them from where they tried to assist the victim.

Kareen Lasky, who was in a different theater watching “August: Osage County,” said she didn’t hear the shots and was unaware anything was happening until the lights went on and a theater employee said they would have to leave.

“The first thing I thought of was the theater out there in the West,” Lasky said, referring to a 2012 mass shooting at a theater in Aurora, Colo.

Nocco said he had similar thoughts when he first got word.

“The back of your hair sticks up as you are running toward this location wondering what is really going on here,” he said.

In this case, though, it was an isolated incident involving an argument between two people who happened to be sitting near each other.

“These two people were brought together by fate today,” Nocco said. “They would have never known each other.”

He said the movie hadn’t started at the time of the shooting, which happened about 1:20 p.m., but previews of coming attractions most likely had started.

“It’s absolutely crazy that it would rise to this level of altercation over someone just texting in a movie theater,” Nocco said. “But I can tell you right now when this goes out everybody is paranoid, they are scared because a movie theater should be somewhere safe where people are out there to enjoy themselves. But unfortunately what America has seen over the last couple of years is movie theaters have become dangerous places.”

By midafternoon, Grove 16 management had put a message on the theater website to say the theater was temporarily closed “due to circumstance beyond our control.”

No one was home at the Oulsons’ Land O’ Lakes home Monday evening, but family friends had dropped by to provide support to Nicole Oulson.

“Just a good all-around guy,” family friend Joseph Detrapani said. “Father of a beautiful little girl. Just a tragic loss for her and her family right for something that’s just kind of senseless. Not really sure what all happened, but the end result didn’t justify anything that could have happened.”

Detrapani said Sunday and Monday are the normal days off for Chad Oulson, a finance manager at Sky Powersports. He said Nicole Oulson took the day off from her job at USAA so she could spend time with her husband.

The couple’s daughter was at daycare at the time of the shooting, according to neighbor Saverino Mongelli.

“I heard it was an ex-cop,” Mongelli said. “How does that happen? Just blows my mind.”

Detrapani said he was in contact with Nicole Oulson and she was distraught.

“She’s a wreck,” Detrapani said. “She just lost her husband, the father of her little girl over something that should’ve never happened.”

Detrapani said Chad Oulson spent much of his downtime participating in motocross.

“You’d be hard-pressed to find somebody who doesn’t like him,” Detrapani said. “He was a friend to everybody, whoever he met. He was a close friend to me and I just can’t understand how it could’ve gotten to where it went to — just off the type of guy that Chad is.”
http://tbo.com/pasco-county/deputies-reports-of-two-people-shot-at-wesley-chapel-theater-20140113/

Last edited:
I would be mad about texting during the movie but not during the previews! And definitely not enough to shoot someone! How incredibly sad!

What kind of evil entitled fucktard thinks he has any right to SHOOT people because they're texting during the fucking PREVIEWS no less.

FFS If I can manage to not lose it on the moron who was very loudly repeating everything that happened in the movie we were both in the theatre to see, then surely this asshat can put up with a bit of clicking during previews.

And it was Stardust, I LIKED that movie, but having some woman screeching, "THE BIRD IS REALLY THE GIRL!" and other news of the very fucking obvious through out it really put a damper on my enjoyment.

There is a fucking troll posting on his facebook that he deserved to die for texting!!! WTF

There is a fucking troll posting on his facebook that he deserved to die for texting!!! WTF

I was just coming back here to bitch about that asshole.

He talks like he was there, and makes accusations that I've been unable to find sources for in any articles.

And here, the movie theatre doesn't require you to turn off your cellphone until the actual movie starts, they even have a screen that comes up immediately after the previews and before the movie. Is it so different there? Are Floridians that stoked for previews?

I was just coming back here to bitch about that asshole.

He talks like he was there, and makes accusations that I've been unable to find sources for in any articles.

And here, the movie theatre doesn't require you to turn off your cellphone until the actual movie starts, they even have a screen that comes up immediately after the previews and before the movie. Is it so different there? Are Floridians that stoked for previews?

The retired population have this entitled attitude, I encounter it all the fucken time. Especially snowbirds that have a home here, they are the rudest in restaurants and everywhere else.

Way to blow your pension, asshole. I hope you like your new friends in prison. I'm sure you'll be real popular there.

ETA: And Jesus, only 25 people in the audience? That means there were plenty of empty seats this asshole could've moved to where the other dude's phone wouldn't have bothered him.

Last edited:
Way to blow your pension, asshole. I hope you like your new friends in prison. I'm sure you'll be real popular there.

ETA: And Jesus, only 25 people in the audience? That means there were plenty of empty seats this asshole could've moved to where the other dude's phone wouldn't have bothered him.

*It's not the number of seats, it's the principal of it*:sarcasm:

I hear that fucken line all the time when they call bitching about their bill, (medical)

The retired population have this entitled attitude, I encounter it all the fucken time. Especially snowbirds that have a home here, they are the rudest in restaurants and everywhere else.

True... I encountered quite a few crazy old lady who seemed to think they could tell my aunt what they would pay for items they bought in her store, and got quite pissed when she refused to sell them stuff at a fraction of the cost just because they're old.

She closed the store because she got sick of them... on one of her last days open, some bitch was looking at her silk flower display and asked her if she had any more flowers in stock but not on display. My aunt said no, and the bitch demanded she go into the back and check and would NOT take no for an answer, and then demanded to speak to the manager, to which my wonderful aunt replied (I paraphrase here as it's been almost 20 year):

"I AM the manager AND the owner, I am the one who put all these flowers out here, so I KNOW these are all I have. Entitled old bats like you are the reason I'm closing, and I'll be happy to never have to deal with you again."

This has me annoyed enough that I think I shall attempt a write up when I wake back up...

ETA: If no one else beats me to it, that is

But really why was he texting a 3 year old, they can't read.
The babysitter (I'm assuming she wasn't home alone) could have read a message to her, or he cold have texted a picture.

This story has me so riled up. What was wrong with that dude that he felt it necessary to shoot someone dead for texting when the movie hadn't even started. Even if the victim had got smart with him or thrown some popcorn that's still way, way, way overreacting. And Oulsen even told Reeves he was texting his daughter, so Reeves knew he was taking a father away from a child. He deserves to die in jail. Stuff like this makes me feel I want to go out in this world even less than I do now, which is almost never.

Having worked extensively with retirees at one point I found that some of the rudest and most entitled people were ex-military and retired law enforcement. Not all by any means, don't get me wrong, but some of them had this attitude of I served my country, now I can say and do whatever I want. I get that you put yourself in harm's way your whole life, but that doesn't give you the right to be an a$$hole.

Senseless crime. I feel so bad for that woman, seeing her husband get shot in front of her and her reaction was to shield him. What the hell is the matter with that old man?

I think more will still come out.. was the wife holding her hand out to block a bullet or holding her husband back from going after the old man?

I think more will still come out.. was the wife holding her hand out to block a bullet or holding her husband back from going after the old man?

In the news it says to block a bullet...but who gives a fuck...the movie had not even started yet and there was 25 people in the theater which meant there was 70 more seats available. There is nothing that can justify what he did.

who I really feel bad for is the daughter.
Imagine the guilt she will feel (even though it is NOT I repeat NOT her fault) my daddy died because he sent me a text...

He might just be an entitled old fuck, but he might also have dementia. I feel we won't see any less of these violent acts by seniors as the population ages.

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING OPINION DOES NOT JUSTIFY THAT CRAZY OLD FOOL'S SHOOTING THE TEXTER...BUT...

Who is the entitled one here? The one who is dicking around on his phone when he wasn't supposed to be, who was asked to stop texting but didn't, the one who mocked old crazy dude for 'telling the manager' on him? He could have said "sorry" and put his phone away or gone to the lobby to continue texting but nooo, his texting was more important than showing a little common courtesy to his fellow movie goers but no, his text (to his 3 year old wtf) was too important. Kinda sounds like entitlement to me. Didn't deserve to be shot or harmed in any way but in today's society just being a bit rude can get your ass shot - sad situation.

AGAIN, CRAZY OLD DUDE SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOREVER and it's scary he had a career in LE with that temper.

Who is the entitled one here? The one who is dicking around on his phone when he wasn't supposed to be,
Um the movie hadn't even started yet. The wife and him had the day off to spend time together and their 3 yr old was with a sitter. He was probably checking up on the 3yr old. I know my sisters hate to babysit for me when I go out, cause I will call/text several times to check up on them.

He could have said "sorry" and put his phone away or gone to the lobby to continue texting but nooo, his texting was more important than showing a little common courtesy to his fellow movie goers but no,

The old bastard could have moved if it bothered him THAT much! There were 25 people watching the movie, there were AT LEAST 80 seats he could have picked.

Nobody should have ever been hurt in any way over a phone, but with that being said, I am so tired of the damn things! They seem to be more important than most anything these days, everywhere you go all you see and all you hear is click, click, click, text, text, text, or someone talking about their gall bladder surgery at the top of their lungs. The last time I was at the movies I had to tell the kids sitting 3 or 4 seats over from me 3 times to put away his phone, when it lit up it was bright as a flashlight in a dark theatre and it was distracting. If this guy was texting before the lights went down, that's okay but after the theatre is darkened, then no, he was wrong, he should have went to the lobby to text his 3 year old!

I know I sound like a grumpy old lady and I'm really not, but I still want those noisy young'uns off my lawn!!!!!!!

The last time I was at the movies I had to tell the kids sitting 3 or 4 seats over from me 3 times to put away his phone, when it lit up it was bright as a flashlight in a dark theatre
I must be oblivious or something cause the light from a cell phone could not distract me from a movie especially 3-4 seats down.:popcorn:

Um the movie hadn't even started yet. The wife and him had the day off to spend time together and their 3 yr old was with a sitter. He was probably checking up on the 3yr old. I know my sisters hate to babysit for me when I go out, cause I will call/text several times to check up on them.

The old bastard could have moved if it bothered him THAT much! There were 25 people watching the movie, there were AT LEAST 80 seats he could have picked.

We all know we are supposed to turn off cells during the movie. This was the previews so maybe they didn't put the message on the screen yet (they do it before the previews around here) but either way if it was bothering the old dude (it would not have bothered me if it were only previews) just be courteous out of respect for an elderly dude OR to not escalate a situation in which some loon may over react and shoot you.

And bullshit he had to text his 3 year old right before the movie. Please, I and most of you on here are old enough to know that's utter bullshit. Again, sad all around.

And bullshit he had to text his 3 year old right before the movie. Please, I and most of you on here are old enough to know that's utter bullshit. Again, sad all around.
He was texting the sitter...maby just said his 3 yr old to shut the man up.

You never know, it might have been the first time they ever left her with someone else. My kid is 6 and we haven't had a grown up night out since she was born! Some of the reports are saying Oulsen was in the front of the theater and Reeves in the back so maybe there was something particularly loud going on. BUT there STILL isn't justification to kill someone over an annoying cell phone. The only justification to shoot someone dead in a civilian situation is that they are pointing a gun at your head or heart and you know without a shadow of a doubt they will pull that trigger, or your life, or that of another, is in some other imminent danger. And that does happen occasionally. But not in a movie theater over a noisy phone, some thrown popcorn and a movie that hadn't even started.

I'm always on my phone right before the movie starts and hell even during the previews. I talk to my husband during the movie as well but thank God no one has treated me this way.
How fucking scary you now have to worry about getting shot for texting in a movie theatre.
Movie hadn't even started yet just exactly what was the problem here?

Back