• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
How is it reasonable for him to get LWOP and Gypsy to only get 10 years?

According to the evidence at trial, messages between the two showed that while she suggested it (the murder) it was him that did all the planning and the actual act itself. Premeditation with malice = Murder One.

Reading through all this, Dee Dee really was the architect of her own demise and she fucking deserved it. What I found most hilarious was this entry at Wikipedia (emphasis mine) -
Dee Dee's family in Louisiana, who had confronted her about her treatment of Gypsy years before, did not regret her death. Her father, stepmother and the nephew who first shared details of Gypsy's actual health when she was first confined to a wheelchair all later said that Dee Dee deserved her fate and Gypsy had been punished as much as she needed to be. None of them would pay for her funeral or even pick up her ashes; her father and stepmother ultimately flushed them down the toilet.

That's fucking cold and I love it!!!

This is too bad ... he should have gotten a medal. Or twenty years and a medal.

I wonder if Gypsy will visit when she gets out ?

None of them would pay for her funeral or even pick up her ashes; her father and stepmother ultimately flushed them down the toilet.
I suppose the toilet was a gesture of contempt. But I have too much respect for my septic system.
I'd just dump the ashes on some highway and let cars drive over them. Like dropping a potted plant.
And that's if I had bothered to collect the ashes at all.

Last edited:
whether they release her or not, she still needs some very extensive therapy, I think she's proved that her mother damaged her just about beyond redemption.

Anybody else watching the TV mini series about Gypsy and her mother. It's called "The Act", I'm watching it on Hulu, when I think about it.

Gypsy Blanchard is asking for an early release.

I watched a Dr. Phil with her, and honestly I think they should let her out early. She was horribly abused for her entire life. She didn’t want her mom to die, she just wanted it to stop and unfortunately she met a guy who would kill for her. I think if he had said no, let’s just run away, she would have, and this would have all turned out differently.

Her mother was a monster.

I watched a Dr. Phil with her, and honestly I think they should let her out early. She was horribly abused for her entire life. She didn’t want her mom to die, she just wanted it to stop and unfortunately she met a guy who would kill for her. I think if he had said no, let’s just run away, she would have, and this would have all turned out differently.

Her mother was a monster.
I 100% agree.

Nicholas Godejohn–the man serving a life sentence for murdering his then-girlfriend’s mother–has filed for post-conviction relief, records viewed by Law&Crime show.

Law&Crime readers may remember the 2018 guilty verdict in the brutal stabbing death of Clauddine “Dee Dee” Blanchard. Godejohn killed the victim at the behest of her daughter Gypsy Blanchard.

A judge granted a 30-day extension on Tuesday for Godejohn’s defense to file an amended motion. They did not immediately respond to a Law&Crime request for comment. In Missouri, post-conviction relief is specifically distinct from a direct appeal. From the office of the Missouri attorney general:
After the direct appeal is over, or if the defendant did not take a direct appeal, a defendant may file a motion for post-conviction relief, often referred to by its initials, PCR. The defendant is limited to the claims that the trial court had no jurisdiction to convict him or her; that his or her sentence exceeds the maximum possible for the crime; or that the conviction or sentence violates constitutional or state law. Most often, this is a proceeding where a defendant may challenge the actions of his or her attorney at trial and on direct appeal.

The Blanchard case was fraught for so many reasons. Even trial prosecutors acknowledged that Dee Dee should have been the one on trial. Gypsy said that her mother forced her to stay wheelchair-bound, making her feign serious illnesses–including cancer–in order to cheat charities out of money.

Godejohn’s trial defense did not dispute the homicide, but asserted the defendant’s mental state meant that it did not constitute first-degree murder.

Attorney Dewayne Perry said that the defendant, who lives with autism, had an IQ of 77, close to the learning disability benchmark of 70. He asserted his client was only “was only trying to help the woman he loved.” He painted Gypsy Blanchard as a manipulator.

Gypsy Rose Blanchard has tied the knot with Louisianan Ryan Scott Anderson despite still serving her 10-year prison sentence.

The Livingston County Recorder of Deeds verified the marriage certificate between Blanchard, 30, and Anderson, 36, on July 21, 2022.
According to Intouchweekly.com, Blanchard’s family friend, Fancy Marcelli, Blanchard was dating multiple men while in prison.

What those dates or how those dates worked have not been verified yet.
Prior to the marriage, Blanchard was engaged with someone else. Her stepmother, Kristy Blanchard, told Intouchweekly.com that the pair called off the engagement in August of 2019.

Blanchard is currently serving a 10-year prison sentence for her involvement with the murder of her mother, Dee Dee Blanchard.

Gypsy Rose Blanchard will be out of prison in December, three years before her original release date.
The Missouri Department of Corrections confirmed Thursday that Blanchard will be paroled Dec. 28 after serving time at the Chillicothe Correctional Center.

Blanchard was sentenced to 10 years in 2016 for her connection to the murder of her mother, Dee Dee Blanchard, a Springfield case that made national headlines and led to documentaries because of its bizarre circumstances.
Dee Dee, who was stabbed to death by Gypsy's then-boyfriend Nicholas Godejohn in 2015, appeared to have Munchhausen syndrome by proxy, a mental condition in which someone makes someone ill or the illusion of being ill in order to garner attention.
Titania Gisclair, who said she is a longtime friend of Gypsy's, said in a recent interview with In Touch that she believes Gypsy has changed but will need psychiatric help when she is released.

“There are things that are coming once she comes out of prison,” Gisclair said in the interview. “She is going to reach out into the true crime industry and be able to share her story.”

I hope someone who is emotionally stable will be with her to keep her from taking up with the first guy who shows her attention. I greatly fear for her future.
Is she still married to that Ryan Anderson guy?! She's going to need a lot of help. Hopefully she'll have someone to help her navigate all the true crime producers that have probably already inundated her ...

Gypsy Rose Blanchard has spent eight years in prison, at times playing back the events of June 2015 in her mind over and over again.
Now 32, and set to walk free on Thursday, Dec. 28, she clearly recalls when she and then boyfriend Nicholas "Nick" Godejohn conspired to kill her mom Dee Dee, who for years had subjected Gypsy to painful medical procedures she never needed. It was argued in court and is widely believed that Gypsy was a victim of Munchausen by proxy, a rare form of abuse in which a guardian exaggerates or induces illness in a child for attention and sympathy.
"If I had another chance to redo everything, I don't know if I would go back to when I was a child and tell my aunts and uncles that I'm not sick and mommy makes me sick," says Gypsy, "or, if I would travel back to just the point of that conversation with Nick and tell him, 'You know what, I'm going to go tell the police everything.' I kind of struggle with that."

But, she adds, "Nobody will ever hear me say I'm glad she's dead or I'm proud of what I did. I regret it every single day."
Also, she's eager to join husband Ryan Anderson, 37, a Louisiana teacher she married behind bars last year. "We're in love," she says. He along with her family, former doctors and many others will share their views on her complicated story in the upcoming Lifetime docuseries.
She hopes hers will be a cautionary tale. "I want to make sure that people in abusive relationships do not resort to murder," she says. "It may seem like every avenue is closed off but there is always another way. Do anything, but don't take this course of action."
As her freedom approaches, she shares, "I'm on the eve of happiness" — even if she's still coming to grips with her past.

"It's a journey. I'm still really trying to come to a place of forgiveness for her, for myself and the situation," she says. "I still love my mom. And I'm starting to understand that it was something that was maybe out of her control, like an addict with an impulse. That helps me with coping and accepting what happened."

Didnt she have like 2-4 cats too?

I saw on the show she just let them outside, did she really think they can fend for themselves.
I'm not sure if she did in real life. In the movie, it was just guinea pigs. Total asshole move, the guinea pigs are helpless.

I'm not sure if she did in real life. In the movie, it was just guinea pigs. Total asshole move, the guinea pigs are helpless.
I think she had two cats, because I saw a post where one cat was adopted, and they were having problems finding another one a home.

Has anyone watched the Lifetime series? Do you think she was really diddled by her grandpa?

Back