• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
Screenshot_2014-08-16-01-12-44-1_zpsug5d56al.png

Facebook
https://facebook.com/dillon.taylor.33?fref=ts
wanted fugitive fatally shot by Salt Lake City police, who were looking for a man reportedly brandishing a handgun outside a convenience store, was unarmed and trying to comply with police orders when he was killed, his brother claims.

Investigators, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation and need to protect evidence, remained mum on whether a gun was found at the scene of the Monday night shooting at a 7-Eleven store at 2102 S. State St. Police also would not discuss conflicting witness reports that Dillon Delbert Taylor, 20, appeared to have reached toward his waistband during the confrontation.

[....]

Taylor was facing a felony arrest warrant when police challenged him outside the store, court records confirm.

But Taylor’s brother, 22-year-old Jerrail Pete Taylor — who court records show served time on a 2009 second-degree felony robbery count himself — insists that police did not mention the warrant when they approached him, his brother and a third man outside the store.

"We’re walking out of the 7-Eleven with a drink, when the cops show up and start harassing us with guns,"

[...]

South Salt Lake police, who are investigating the shooting, said Salt Lake City police were answering a 911 call reporting a man there was waving a handgun; Dillon Taylor purportedly matched the description of the armed man.

Dillon Taylor was wearing headphones and didn’t respond to the three officers until they surrounded him, Jerrail Taylor said.

"He couldn’t hear them, so he just kept walking. Then ... they had guns pointed at his face. That’s when he turned off the music," he said. "I saw them point guns at my brother’s face, and I knew what was going to happen."

One officer told Dillon Taylor to get on the ground, while another told him to put his hands on his head.

"He got confused, he went to pull up his pants to get on the ground, and they shot him," Jerrail Taylor said.

Witnesses said they heard two shots. Taylor died at the scene; his brother and cousin were detained for questioning.

[...] police Sgt. Darin Sweeten said Dillon Taylor, who allegedly had gang affiliations according to court documents, reportedly was "belligerent." Sweeten said he could not discuss further details as to whether Taylor reached for anything in his clothing, threatened or attacked the officers, or was armed.

[...]

"I was with him the whole time," he said. "If you look at 7-Eleven cameras, they’ll tell you the same thing."

Taylor was facing a $25,000 arrest warrant for allegedly violating probation he received for robbery and obstructing justice; he was arrested July 31 in North Salt Lake for being drunk and interfering with the arresting officer, according to an affidavit filed with the court.

Taylor also had failed to maintain full employment, complete a mental health evaluation or complete a substance abuse evaluation, all conditions of his probation, according to the affidavit.

Taylor expressed an intense feeling of doom, and determination not to go back to jail as a result of the warrant, issued Aug. 7.

"I feel my time is coming soon, my nightmears [sic] are telling me," he wrote that day on Facebook. "ALL my family has turned and snitched on me. I’ll die before I go do a lot of time in a cell. I’m trying to strive and live but [I’m] done litrerly [can’t] stand breathing and dealing with s---. I feel like god [can’t] even save me on this one. ... this time [it’s] me and the demons [I’m] fighting."

[...]

In an unrelated obstructing justice case in August 2012, Taylor threatened a co-defendant in the robbery case, as well as his wife and daughter, and called the co-defendant "a ... snitch," according to court documents.

[...]

"He was just a fun kid. He’d always turn a bad situation into a good one," Jerrail Taylor said.

Three officers involved in Taylor’s shooting have been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation, which is being conducted by the neighboring South Salt Lake Police Department.

[...]

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/58287556-219/taylor-lake-police-salt.html.csp

I mentioned before that my friend was murdered, she told me once that she knew her mom was going to raise her kids and she didn't want her to, she said she knew she wouldn't be around to do it. I know that this guys family will go over this guys words again and again because I sure do.

If this guy "deserved" this or not, his brother didn't deserve to see it, its sad.

Sounds like both brothers are criminals and full of crap, so who gives a shit what happens to them, wouldn't be surprised if they came from a family of losers
As much as I hate cops, their version sounds more plausible

Sounds like both brothers are criminals and full of crap, so who gives a shit what happens to them, wouldn't be surprised if they came from a family of losers
As much as I hate cops, their version sounds more plausible

I agree with you. Was the brother reaching to turn off his music or pull up his pants? Either way that gesture has gotten others before him killed. We can talk about how the police should be better trained to not be such assassins and learn some restrain and contain methods but it's 'Merica! and it's easier to just shoot!

I know that ALL lives are supposed to be valuable; BUT when you choose to be a criminal it can and often does come back to bite you in the butt! They were all walking out together but brother is the only one who didn't hear/notice the police??!! I definitely call BS, as, even as a mostly law abiding citizen; I look around and notice cops ANYWHERE!!! I'm sorry he lost his brother but it's kinda what should be expected when you are on the wrong side of the law. I also understand that some people grow up in communities or families where criminalism is passed generation to generation BUT that is still no excuse because after 18, if you have had ANY contact outside of your family, you KNOW right from wrong and choosing to continue is putting your life at a great risk!

Curious to see how this one shakes out, especially in the wake of the other high-profile police-related deaths in the last few weeks. I mean, it would be a pretty good time to lie and claim the police gunned your family member down in cold blood, because as a nation, I'd say we're pretty tired of the cops killing people right now.

"He got confused, he went to pull up his pants to get on the ground, and they shot him," Jerrail Taylor said.
They should use this as an argument for why all males should be required to wear their pants in a fashion where I do NOT have to see their undies.

Suicide by cops' shooting? By his Facebook page it looks to me he suffered from depression.
Let's see what the police investigation concludes, but certainly there is a disturbing pattern:
We can talk about how the police should be better trained to not be such assassins and learn some restrain and contain methods but it's 'Merica! and it's easier to just shoot!

What troubles me is that this news seems to be buried by the mass media. This news should have the same coverage as Michael Brown's.

I'm bumping this one cuz I thought we had a friend or relative that posted here. I wanted to ask what the latest news is.
Didn't one show up in the Brown thread and China linked this?

Or am I pulling that entire scenario out of u know where?

I found this on bestgore its body cam video that was released a few days ago its really graphic, shot for nothing!::::Body Cam Video of Salt Lake City Police Murdering Dillon Taylor in Cold Blood
As much as I love you, I have to disagree. Only watching the beginning, prior to the cop shooting, I don't think he did anything wrong. The victim clearly can hear the order given to him, he keeps his hands concealed, even after turning to face the cop. At that point, it's a split second decision. Does he have a gun he's about to shoot or doesn't he?

IMHO, just what I saw, I can't say I would've chosen differently. Complacency, and assuming everyone has innocent intentions, is what gets LE killed all the time. In my job? I'm assuming you're doing something wrong. You do as I ask and we'll discover you aren't. You don't listen to me and we now have an issue.

It's easy to watch a video and say we'd react differently. But I can tell you when your hinky meter goes off and the adrenaline starts pumping, thinking u might be scared for your life? It's a totally different story. I would like to go home safely tonight...

ETA: I know what's coming, so bring on the stones. No one likes cops these days. :bag:<----that's my stone protector. :D

Last edited:
Cop already has his gun out before the guy even turns around. Suspect doesn't seem to hear what's being said to him. I don't believe not complying with a cop's orders are reason to get shot, and this looks like he didn't even have time to comply. What if a cop rolls up on a deaf person? Ok to just shoot cuz he's not following orders cuz he can't hear them? I think it's pretty sad that this is what passes for police work in this country. I was reading another article on here about a guy waving a broken piece of wood and threatening officers and they were able to subdue him and arrest him without shooting him and I'm like wow good job. Then I look again and realize it happened in Glasgow. Take away a cop's gun and they suddenly know how to properly arrest suspects without killing them! Who'da thunk it?

This is basically the cops defense. Every fuckin' time. I don't know how anyone can watch that video and think the cop was in "imminent danger."

6fc0160ff771a8ac074dc00b55c0f02a38c2a907dbe3d298bad9d0e9ed9b4138.jpg

Shouldn't be shopping at 7/11. Awful store.

I know I'm replying to a post from a year ago, but...

I LOVE 7/11. I proudly wear 7/11 T-shirts. I have a collection of coffee mugs bearing the logo. If I need to go to a convenience store, 7/11 is the only one in which I'll shop. I forgego all others. Because I LOVE 7/11. Probably because it's all we had in my area as a kid, and I'd go there for hot dogs and comic books.

If I had the money & time to invest, I'd buy a 7/11 franchise. Further, I'd open it out in Montana, cause I've never seen one out there. And I also love Montana.

Okay, go ahead and crap on me.

This is basically the cops defense. Every fuckin' time. I don't know how anyone can watch that video and think the cop was in "imminent danger."

I know. Remember the video where a guy was standing in the middle of the street, holding a knife? The cops asked him to put it down, so he did. Then, hands still in the air, they shot him in the stomach. Luckily he survived, but the video taken from somebody's porch revealed the truth.

Police have become too empowered to do whatever they want, and there have been too many instances of innocent people being killed because of it. This issue needs to be taken far more seriously.

...there have been too many instances of innocent people being killed because of it. This issue needs to be taken far more seriously.

I don't care if the person is mother theresa or adolf hitler, tho. Cops don't have the right to shoot people for any reason other than they or someone else is in imminent danger. We have a whole system of justice in place to decide who's innocent and who's guilty. We don't pay cops to be judge, jury and executioner.

Cop already has his gun out before the guy even turns around. Suspect doesn't seem to hear what's being said to him. I don't believe not complying with a cop's orders are reason to get shot, and this looks like he didn't even have time to comply. What if a cop rolls up on a deaf person? Ok to just shoot cuz he's not following orders cuz he can't hear them? I think it's pretty sad that this is what passes for police work in this country. I was reading another article on here about a guy waving a broken piece of wood and threatening officers and they were able to subdue him and arrest him without shooting him and I'm like wow good job. Then I look again and realize it happened in Glasgow. Take away a cop's gun and they suddenly know how to properly arrest suspects without killing them! Who'da thunk it?
I'm pretty sure, minus being blind, a cop with a weapon drawn and pointed at me, is a universal sign for me to put my hands in the air so they can see EXACTLY where they are. Deaf, music blasting, whatever. He CONTINUES to walk backward after he's facing the guy, he CONTINUES to have his hands concealed. And the excuse that he's trying to turn his music off?! Pfft. Fucking ridiculous. You either throw those hands up or reach for the cord to pull the buds out.

But I don't care if I'm blasting death metal. Cop. Gun. He's screaming something. I stop walking. And get my hands out of my pants.

He didn't. Oh well. Zero fucks.

But I also do have the rare viewpoint that a lot of ppl don't. So I say good on the cop!

Last edited:
I know there are alot of good cops out there. I'm not saying they are all bad. But I have seen some very frightening videos - too many - of cops blatantly abusing their authority, to the point of stating, "I don't care about the law..."

One thing I would like many people to consider: it's easy to say, "If a cop was pointing a gun at me I'd stop and do as he says," or yada yada. I agree. That's what I'd like to think I'd do. But also think about basic human reaction - hesitation, delay, uncertainty - when faced with the unexpected. Most people hesitate for two seconds or so...which is the same amount of time I've seen cops wait before shooting.

Different people react differently, some are slower than others. And there those with handicaps and such, which aren't visible, that can cause a delay in their understanding or comprehension.

So, while those law abiding, cop-respecting folk among us know we'd do "the right thing" when faced with a similar situation, I do wonder if my two seconds or so of being startled, scared, or whatever, is what would cost me my life. And I worry about it because of all these various videos which shows cops blasting away without taking other measures first. Shooting a person is supposed to be their last resort in a confrontation, not the first step. But the militarization of our police force has changed all that.

But I don't care if I'm blasting death metal. Cop. Gun. He's screaming something. I stop walking. And get my hands out of my pants.

He didn't. Oh well. Zero fucks.

But I also do have the rare viewpoint that a lot of ppl don't. So I say good on the cop!

Except that the cop was in zero danger. I don't give a fuck if the perp's digging in his asshole, not getting your hands up fast enough isn't reason to shoot someone. It's really funny how quick everyone here is to jump to conclusions about which DOTM killed what baby and who raped what kid, but when it comes to cops shooting people in broad daylight for the flimsiest of excuses, it's all good. No it ain't all good, and it's assholes like this guy who make it harder (and less safe) for all cops to do their job. There have been almost 400 fatal police shootings this year so far. It's getting out of hand.

I know there are alot of good cops out there. I'm not saying they are all bad. But I have seen some very frightening videos - too many - of cops blatantly abusing their authority, to the point of stating, "I don't care about the law..."

One thing I would like many people to consider: it's easy to say, "If a cop was pointing a gun at me I'd stop and do as he says," or yada yada. I agree. That's what I'd like to think I'd do. But also think about basic human reaction - hesitation, delay, uncertainty - when faced with the unexpected. Most people hesitate for two seconds or so...which is the same amount of time I've seen cops wait before shooting.

Different people react differently, some are slower than others. And there those with handicaps and such, which aren't visible, that can cause a delay in their understanding or comprehension.

So, while those law abiding, cop-respecting folk among us know we'd do "the right thing" when faced with a similar situation, I do wonder if my two seconds or so of being startled, scared, or whatever, is what would cost me my life. And I worry about it because of all these various videos which shows cops blasting away without taking other measures first. Shooting a person is supposed to be their last resort in a confrontation, not the first step. But the militarization of our police force has changed all that.
Meh. My argument with this logic was already expressed in the Ferguson thread. The number of safely apprehended suspects without any gunfire on any given day in this country is exponentially more significant than a dozen videos of asshats who shot before thinking. Yet everyone acts "afraid" of all of the police now because of what they saw on YouTube. Yeah, b/c these cases are representative of our police in general. :rolleyes:

To each his own. :)

Except that the cop was in zero danger. I don't give a fuck if the perp's digging in his asshole, not getting your hands up fast enough isn't reason to shoot someone. It's really funny how quick everyone here is to jump to conclusions about which DOTM killed what baby and who raped what kid, but when it comes to cops shooting people in broad daylight for the flimsiest of excuses, it's all good. No it ain't all good, and it's assholes like this guy who make it harder (and less safe) for all cops to do their job. There have been almost 400 fatal police shootings this year so far. It's getting out of hand.
That's a fascinating statistic. Useless. But fascinating. And? Your point? How many of them had weapons? How many of them were aggressive? You don't know. Because we use facts the way they benefit us best.

While that's a pretty number, it doesn't mean shit without adding information about the victims.

Yeah, b/c these cases are representative of our police in general. :rolleyes:

To each his own. :)

Unfortunately, any time a police department is actually investigated, the outcome isn't pretty. Far be it from me to suggest #yesallcops but if you're going to stand behind a murderer, then you might as well be a murderer yourself. If you want, I'll go google up some investigations, but police departments that get investigated are investigated for a reason. There's definitely a disturbing trend of police shootings lately, and to ignore it is to be complacent in it.

That's a fascinating statistic. Useless. But fascinating. And? Your point? How many of them had weapons? How many of them were aggressive? You don't know. Because we use facts the way they benefit us best.

While that's a pretty number, it doesn't mean shit without adding information about the victims.

Plenty of police shootings are justified. But you don't go from half a number to double it without something wonky going on. All the while, the rate of violent crime continues to decline.

@mobiusclimber

Actually. Please do. Because I really enjoy an argument where someone spits statistics, as well as providing documentation to back it up. So yes. Do Google it.
ETA: please don't forget to add the total number of arrests, period, during your time frame. Because without looking at the ratio, the number is again useless.

And btw, anytime a cop even discharges his weapon, they are put on leave and the situation is investigated.

And did u seriously just say if I'm going to stand behind a murderer I might as well be one myself?! Give me a fucking break. :rolleyes:

That's fucking hilarious. :yawn:

Last edited:
http://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...veland_division_of_police_findings_letter.pdf

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Feds-findings-in-Seattle-Police-abuse-2407378.php

http://www.newsweek.com/justice-department-ferguson-minorities-civil-rights-311294

These links are regarding whether what we're seeing here is representative of police conduct or not. I'm sorry to have to tell you, but police are out of control and have been for quite some time. And when their fellow officers turn and look away, it makes them all look bad. But if you want to continue being a tard defender, go right ahead. "He was reaching for something! He didn't get his hands up fast enough! The couch did it!" Don't be naive.

http://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...veland_division_of_police_findings_letter.pdf

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Feds-findings-in-Seattle-Police-abuse-2407378.php

http://www.newsweek.com/justice-department-ferguson-minorities-civil-rights-311294

These links are regarding whether what we're seeing here is representative of police conduct or not. I'm sorry to have to tell you, but police are out of control and have been for quite some time. And when their fellow officers turn and look away, it makes them all look bad. But if you want to continue being a tard defender, go right ahead. "He was reaching for something! He didn't get his hands up fast enough! The couch did it!" Don't be naive.

:wideyed: Naive? Oh please. School me in law enforcement tactics, from behind your laptop, sitting in your recliner. Were you a cop? Military? CO? Do u have security training in how to deal with those sorts of situations? Have u ever walked in those shoes?

After that, school me about Ferguson, MO and what happened there. :woot: Please, let me know the how and why oh that situation, because I'm completely "naive" to it. :hilarious: No seriously. I'm dying to know your opinion of what happens as u watched it on the television! o_O

And so first I'm as bad as a murderer, and now u just called me naive and a tard defender? I have not called you one single thing dear, because that's not how a debate works. *sigh* allow me to quote the avatar of one of our members, from Socrates. "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser". I'm not interested in slinging shit....

What the fuck did I just read?

Jesus Christ, I'm so fucking sick of people saying the cops are all fucking bad. There's good and Bad in every job. I will be the first to say a cop was in the wrong at any time, but if you do not fucking comply, an officer then has to ramp up, you continue to not comply? You are going to get fucking shot! It's not fucking rocket science, it's common fucking sense, you respect a person in a position of authority, and it goes smoothly.

Now as for calling a contributing member and someone that was living in the middle of the fucking riots, scared out of her mind because some ignorant shit thought it was fucking cool to race down the street firing off his fucking rifle, a "tard defender" and "murderer"? You are crossing a line son. I haven't liked anything you have posted on here yet, so far you are showing me the typical Seattlite entitlement. Now cool your shit before you make even more of a fucking fool of yourself

You haven't actually debated anything. I really thought you'd have something better to say than that.Pretty disappointing imo.

You haven't actually debated anything. I really thought you'd have something better to say than that.Pretty disappointing imo.
Because I asked u for facts to back your statistics. U provided nothing of the kind. Once you do that, I'd be happy to debate. U claimed facts, back it up.
Until then, I'll just wait. :wait:

Back