• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

#byefelicia
I am copying this from the Producers of 48 Hours,
they used to keep a running count of the murders in New York City.
I have wanted to do this for couple years but forgot about it until it was to far into the year and was almost impossible to catch up so I got in contact with a reporter at FOX News who has given me pics and tidbits in the past.
He laughed because we had both tried the DPD and werent able to get the list.
The way it will work is
Name and age of murder victim and date
Short description of circumstances
If theres a thread on the forums on it it can be linked but no threads in this one
Heres an interview with Dave Bing to begin the thread and fill in people that dont know the stats on Detr right now.
‘We’ve lost respect for each other’
Detroit may be the “epicentre” of deadly gun violence in the U.S. — with more murders last year than Windsor has seen in half a century — but it’s not the place that police in the Rose City worry about.

Detroit’s mayor, interim police chief and head homicide investigator held a news conference Thursday to update the city’s 2012 crime statistics. They said overall crime is down slightly but the number of homicides – 411 in 2012 — has surged to one of the highest levels Detroit has seen.

“America has a problem with guns but the epicentre seems to be here in Detroit,” said interim police Chief Chester L. Logan.

“If I had 1,000 more police officers in the city of Detroit, the way things are right now, I don’t know what kind of impact it would have.”

Detroit police said 25 of last year’s homicides were “justifiable,” such as citizens defending themselves from criminals. Three of the justifiable homicides were police shootings.

The number of homicides Detroit police investigated last year jumped to 411 from 377 in 2011, and 327 in 2010. The weapon of choice in the criminal homicides was most often a gun. There were 333 shootings that ended in murder. There were also 33 assaults and 20 stabbings.

But it seems there was potential for Detroit’s murder rate to climb even higher. There were 1,263 non-fatal shootings last year, up from 1,244 in 2011.

“We’ve lost respect for each other, we’ve lost respect for life,” said Detroit Mayor Dave Bing.

“We can’t give up, we can’t give in. We’ve really got to let the small percentage of our population that’s creating havoc in our city know that we’re not going to continue to accept it.”

One of the last Detroit murders of 2012 happened Dec. 30, when a woman allegedly stabbed her eight-year-old daughter to death.

There are no signs of slowing down this year.

In the first few days of 2013, there were at least two reported murders in Detroit, including a cab driver who was shot and killed early Thursday by a passenger. The killer also shot another passenger who was in the taxi. She was in critical condition Thursday.

Those Detroit murders in the last few days almost matched Windsor’s homicide rate over four years. Windsor saw three murders in 2012 and one in 2011, said Staff Sgt. Todd LaMarre with Windsor’s major crime unit. None of them were shootings. Before that, the city went two years without a single homicide.
LaMarre said the highest number of murders on record for Windsor in a single year is 14, in 1977. Since the mid-1950s, Windsor has averaged 4.6 homicides a year. In the last 25 years, the average has been 5.2.
Despite the bleak picture in Detroit just a kilometre away, the city is not what police on this side of the border worry about.
LaMarre said border tightening since 9-11 has helped keep a lot of Detroit’s criminal element out of Essex County. Police here are keeping an eye down Highway 401.

“More of a concern for us is the criminal element coming from the Toronto, Montreal areas, the organized gang activity and members coming down to Windsor from the northeast,” said LaMarre. “We will see the drug activity from organized gang members from those areas.”
[...]
http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/01/03/crime-stats-paint-bleak-portrait-of-detroit/

Last edited:
Jan 2 2013
This is really the 1 first one but just released today
DETROIT (WJBK) -- Robert Jackson heard the gunfire, but didn't know where it was coming from.http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20488260/detroits-first-homicide-of-2013-justifiable
"A lot of boom, boom, boom, boom. It sounded like a cannon," he said.
Just a couple houses away on Marx on Detroit's east side, 24-year-old D'Angelo Allen had been shot and killed. It is Detroit's first homicide of the New Year."It was pretty loud, so I was trying to get the hell in the house," said J.R., another neighbor who also heard the gunfire early Tuesday morning.

21-year-old exotic dancer from 007 Gentleman's Club told police that Allen, a man she had met a week before, had picked her up at the club and brought her back to the house where she fell asleep. She said he woke her up, had a gun, and was demanding sex. She complied, but she ended up grabbing the weapon and shot him.
[,,,]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20488260/detroits-first-homicide-of-2013-justifiable

Last edited:
2 shot, cab driver killed on Detroit's west side

Jan 3 2012
DETROIT (WJBK) -- Three days into the New Year and the senseless murders are already stacking up. 48-year-old Tyrone Hitchcock was brutally killed just 30 minutes before the end of his shift. His passenger, a 46-year-old woman, was also shot. But police say Hitchcock, the woman and the male suspect were all in the car and they all knew each other.
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20491878/cab-driver-fatally-shot-on-detroits-west-side

Last edited:
Detroit college student, 18, fatally shot in front of his younger brother

Jan 4 2013
DETROIT (WJBK) -- "He was like, 'Get on the ground,' and we laid down. And they're like, 'What y'all got?' And my cousin, he was like, 'We ain't got nothing.' And that's when they kicked him the eye, then they asked me, 'What y'all got?' and shot my brother twice."

18-year-old True Whitsey was killed right in front of his baby brother. The brothers were leaving their sister's house with a friend when they were approached by two men in a red Focus. They were robbed and True was shot in the back and on his side. He died at the hospital[...]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...udent-18-fatally-shot-in-front-of-his-brother

Last edited:
Sailor, 24, shot and killed on Detroit's west side

Jan 4 2013
DETROIT (WJBK) -- 24 years old and just back from serving our country, Petty Officer Terrence Hill, Junior was shot and killed on Detroit's west side, murdered during an attempted robbery outside of his girlfriend's home on Manor Street just off of Seven Mile.

Flashing lights filled the morning sky as officers went door to door asking anyone who saw anything to speak out.

Hill was sitting in his F-150 pickup truck. A 21-year-old woman was also in the vehicle.

Two men approached the truck demanding money and anything of value. A police source told me one of the thieves told the sailor, "Give me everything you have. If I find out you lied, I'll kill you." After a fight, the petty officer was wrestled to the ground, repeatedly pistol whipped and then shot in the chest.
[...]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20501743/source-man-fatally-shot-on-detroits-west-side

Last edited:
Seems some feel welfare is not giving enough
Others feel random constant unprotected fucking and 5 star population increase no one taking any responsibility and
constantly producing children at an incredible rate with no intention of ever providing care beyond Government supplemented everything is the issue
If fucking, crime and government assistance are your only interest, call Detroit home

Michigan's social problems and the huge costs attached to them won't recede until we embrace reproductive responsibility.

Last year, 43 percent of the babies born in Michigan were to single mothers. And even though Medicaid pays for birth control, half of the babies born here were to mothers on welfare. Eighteen percent were born to teenagers who already had at least one child. And nearly 1-in-5 new babies had mothers with no high school diploma.

In Michigan, poverty is as much a cultural problem as it is an economic one.

I spoke with an educator who is dealing with a single mother, mid-30s, with 12 children and a 13th on the way. The kids have an assortment of fathers with one thing in common — none married their mother. This woman's womb is a poverty factory.

It wouldn't matter if Michigan's economy were bursting with jobs, the woman and her children would still be poor.

Who's supporting these kids? If you're a taxpayer, you are. The roughly 45,000 children a year born onto the welfare rolls is a major reason Medicaid will consume 25 percent of next year's budget.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120212/OPINION03/202120303#ixzz2HP67XbqG
The current maximum FIP grant in Michigan for a family with seven children, the size of Young’s family, is only $11,820 annually. This is about one third of the 2009 poverty level for a family of this size ($37,010). Even with the full food stamp benefit for a large family, currently equal to a little over $1,000 per month, the family would have been far below the already inadequate monthly income the federal government has designated as the official poverty level.http://voiceofdetroit.net/2011/07/15/deep-poverty-growing-in-detroit-nationally-as-benefits-are-cut/

Michigan's poorest are clearly in need. About 9.3 percent of the workforce -- more than 430,000 people, are unemployed, according to federal
data. In Detroit, 67 percent of the city’s children –- more than any other city in the nation -- live in concentrated poverty, according to a report released Thursday by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, a Baltimore-based nonprofit research organization that advocates for poor children’s interests.

Last edited:
Why is nobody mad at the men who refuse to wear condoms or have themselves fixed if they don't want children? This is not just a female problem. Women can't get pregnant without a partner. I believe making men responsible for their offspring could help fix this problem. When we start calling men sluts and whores and talking to and about them like some people talk about women maybe this problem would get better. Our society has to stop patting men of the back for being "the man" and putting women down for acting like men.

1 dead, 1 injured in shooting on Detroit's west side

Jan 11 2013
No name yet Ill add as soon as they release it
DETROIT (WJBK) -- An 18-year-old man was found shot to death Friday in a house on Detroit's west side. A 20-year-old man was also shot, but was still alive when police arrived and transported to the hospital.
Sources told me the shooting appears to be drug related, but friends like Destini Wilson find that hard to believe. She and her friends say waking up to police and crime tape is becoming the norm.
"You're getting used to the sirens, the gunshots. It's not right," said Lashawnda Hawkins. "I haven't got used to losing friends, not my close friends... I don't want to get used to that either."
The only way to end that is to stop the violence. How can that happen?
[...]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20564750/1-dead-1-injured-in-shooting-on-detroits-west-side

Teen killed, brother wounded in shooting on Detroit's west side
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...r-wounded-on-detroits-west-side#ixzz2HifGDu33

Last edited:
Man's body found wrapped in plastic inside Detroit home

Jan 11 2013
DETROIT (WJBK) -- Police say the body of a man wrapped in plastic was found in the basement of a home on Detroit's west side.

Tips led police to the abandoned home on the 3400 block of Atkinson Thursday afternoon where they made the discovery shortly after 4 p.m.

Autopsy results Friday show the African American male victim died from a gunshot wound to the upper back, according to sources.

His identity has not been released.
[...]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...pped-in-plastic-in-home-on-detroits-west-side

Detroit Police recover gun believed connected to 'hit squad'

Jan 4 2012
DETROIT (WJBK) -- Donald Taylor was recently arraigned on several charges, including felony murder.

Taylor is accused of gunning down 18-year-old Demetrius Green on January 4. The teen and his friend were on their way to the store. As they approached East Warren and Somerset on the city's east side, police say Taylor jumped out of a van, pulled a gun on the young guys and tried to rob them.

Fox 2 talked to Green's mother the morning after her son was murdered.

"He robbed him for a leather coat. He took his coat off, threw it down to give it to him. The guy came out with an AK and started shooting at him," said Barbara Carreker.

Tips led Detroit police to Taylor, and as part of the investigation, they recovered a gun believed to have been used in as many as a dozen murders.

Sources confirmed for Fox 2 they believe that gun is connected to a so-called "hit squad", guys willing to kill for as little as $100.
[...]
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...ver-gun-believed-to-be-connected-to-hit-squad

Woman found dead inside car parked outside Detroit grocery store

Jan 2 2013
UPDATE 1/3/2013: Fox 2 News has learned the victim is 47-year-old Ellen Marie Shea of Redford Township. Neighbors said she was into drugs and may have recently been released from jail.

DETROIT (WJBK) -- For days, the same car sat parked outside a Detroit store. Police made a disturbing discovery inside that car -- a woman's body.

"I noticed the car on New Year's Eve and it raised suspicion because at the grocery store, all the cars are off the lot by ten o'clock and there were two cars here and one eventually left on the first, but this particular car was still here and it just didn't seem right," a woman told me.
[...]
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...d-outside-detroit-grocery-store#ixzz2Hk6Fnvm7

This thread will be slow for the next week or so
According to the reporter I know since people from all over the world are there for the Auto Show they are supposed to kinda keep the murders out of the media so as to not scare the people off because this is a huge money maker for the city and they DO need the money

Man killed outside friend's front door, shot 12 times

Jan 21 2013
DETROIT (WXYZ) - Detroit police say a man is dead after being shot in the city's historic Woodbridge neighborhood.

The incident happened near Lysander and Avery late Monday.

A neighbor who lives on the block says the victim is from Redford and was visiting someone here.

Investigators are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting
[...]
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...detroits-woodbridge-neigborhood#ixzz2Ig1Yj5RY

EDIT
NAME ADDED
DETROIT -
Detroit Police are looking for whoever attacked a man who traveled into Detroit to pay a contractor for work done.

Chris Best was shot and killed when he went to pay his friend Chris O'Brien, who lives on Avery street, for work O'Brien had done on his Redford home.
[,,,]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...es/-/1719418/18237778/-/11noy56z/-/index.html

Last edited:
33-year-old woman found shot to death in Eastpointe

Jan 26 2013
I googled and Eastpoint is considered Detroit
It was formerly known as East Detroit
EASTPOINTE, Mich. -
Officers responding to a phone call request Saturday to check on the welfare of a woman living in the 23000 block of David Avenue found the side door unlocked.

When they entered the home they found 33-year-old Christina Lazanna dead, with a gunshot wound to the chest.
[...]
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...nte/-/1719418/18295216/-/3rcq4qz/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back