• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
635494144763694109-Cassandra-Alvarez.jpg
Mountain Home woman is facing a felony charge after police say she shot her husband in the arm.

Cassandra Rose Alvarez, 26, has been charged with aggravated battery. She works for the Elmore County Sheriff's Office as a deputy.

[...]

, Cassandra's husband called 911 just after midnight Monday, telling dispatchers his wife had just shot him.

When officers arrived at the couple's home on West 3rd Street North, Alvarez was sitting outside on the curb. Police say she smelled like alcohol and yelled out to the officers that she "did it."

[...]

shot in the upper right arm, until an ambulance arrived. He was taken to a Boise hospital for surgery.

Alvarez admitted shooting her husband, but said she did so in self-defense, according to police. She told police she and her husband had gotten into an argument while watching television, and that she had gotten scared and "defended herself the only way she knew how." She also told police she had been attacked and choked.

[...]

a breath test showed Alvarez's blood alcohol content to be between .24 and .26. She told officers she and her husband had started drinking Sunday afternoon before an argument turned into a "scuffle," and she felt she needed a gun to protect herself.

Alvarez said she went into another room and locked the door before loading a handgun, according to court documents. Sometime after that, her husband came into the room and she shot him in the arm.

[...]

Police say there were no marks on Alvarez's neck to substantiate her claims of being choked. Officers also say the door to the room in which the victim was shot had not been forced open.

Alvarez was arrested and charged with aggravated battery. If convicted, she could face up to 15 years in prison.

[...]
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/20/shooting-mountain-home/17613447/

WTF??!!:confused: Why would she not just leave if she felt so scared that she got her gun and shot him? I mean, just leave the home. Hell, call 911 if nothing else. I don't believe she was scared. I think she was just pissed and used abuse as her excuse for shooting him. This was a dumbass thing to do.

I hate that look on her face. She looks defiant like she had every right to do what she did even tho the evidence says otherwise. What a cunt. I can't stand people who can't handle their alcohol without turning into bitches.

I don't think self defense works when it was a mere verbal argument. What a stupid bitch.

It's amazing how many cops have domestic issues like this. Their job is to respond, mediate, and arrest if need be when the public has domestic squables, yet a shit ton of em can't even keep their own homes in order.

Don't know why she had to pull a trigger. Just lookin at that face is enough to put me down. Gross.

Jack's right! Mere words do not justify a battery. That's somewhere in the law. I know from watching People's Court. Judge Wapner said it. She may have locked herself in the bedroom out of fear; but unless she was in a two-storey house, she could've gone out the window to safety. Now dumb bitch is going to jail...for being stupid. Being stupid should at least be a misdemenor.

Hmmm..... I don't really agree with you two guys up there. I have been in fear for my life and left running out the door due to verbal assaults. When someone is twice your size and strong as a bear they can kill you with just one move. By then it's too late. I have no idea how big her husband is, I'm just sharing my own experience. If I had a firearm I really don't know if I would have used it or not. Honestly. I have been terrified without having a hand laid on me. Literally scared for my life. We are all entitled to our own opinion and many stories to share. I never want to be there again.

edited: She shoulda ruffed herself up a little if she wanted anyone to believe her. Being a cop she had to know they'd be looking for bruising and whatnot.

Last edited:
I don't think she shot him out of fear either. I believe she shot him because she was three sheets to the wind...can't handle her booze...was pissed off and pulled the I'm a cop power play and fired at him.

Having been a victim of domestic violence, sometimes you can't just run away. You are frozen out of fear.
I don't know what she was thinking, she was full of alcohol.
Alcohol is sometimes known as liquid courage. Too bad it did not give her the courage to run if she was really afraid.
I can't say if I were in her shoes, I wouldn't have done the same thing....it was a stupid decision and now her career is gone.

~shadow

Hmmm..... I don't really agree with you two guys up there. I have been in fear for my life and left running out the door due to verbal assaults. When someone is twice your size and strong as a bear they can kill you with just one move. By then it's too late. I have no idea how big her husband is, I'm just sharing my own experience. If I had a firearm I really don't know if I would have used it or not. Honestly. I have been terrified without having a hand laid on me. Literally scared for my life. We are all entitled to our own opinion and many stories to share. I never want to be there again.

edited: She shoulda ruffed herself up a little if she wanted anyone to believe her. Being a cop she had to know they'd be looking for bruising and whatnot.

Key words here are "left running out the door". You get scared, an argument is getting heated, LEAVE. Don't pick up a gun and start firing for no good reason.

Back