• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.witn.com/content/news/Fa...mother-in-home-for-over-a-year-473009753.html
[....]
Wayne County deputies say there is still no cause of death yet for Joyce Law.

The 72-year-old woman's body was found last Thursday in the bedroom of her McArthur Pond Road mobile home after deputies went there for a welfare check.

A family friend says the woman's adult son told her that his mother died on January 2, 2017. The son said he was still living in the home with his mother's body, according to the friend.

Deputies say as the case is still open they are not releasing the man's name.
[....]
Wayne County deputies went to a home on McArthur Pond Road outside of Mount Olive last Thursday.

The person at the home told a detective there was a deceased person in the home. The woman's body was found in a bedroom, and deputies believe she had been dead for several months.

A family friend said the woman lived there with her adult son.

"He said, Bonnie I've been lying to you for the past year, My mother died January 2nd of last year and she's still here in the house in her bedroom and the sheriff's department is here," said Bonnie Cooley.

Deputies said as of today, the woman has not been positively identified nor has a cause of death been released.

No charges have been filed in the case, while the mobile home has a condemned notice posted on the front door.
MOUNT+OLIVE+TRAILER+800.jpg

I THINK I posted this.
Or else there was another creepy guy living with his dead mother.
Something tells me it's another creepy guy.

No, wait. The one i am thinking of was the man who lived with the corpses of his mother and twin brother.

Willingly living with a dead body. For a year. Yeah, there HAS to have been a monetary reason for this. Hopefully the corpse isn't too decayed for cause of death to be determined.

Joyce Law's body had been in the home since Jan. 2, 2017, along with the remains of a pet dog that died last October. The friend said the woman's son told her he was unable to part with his mother's body.

"Sometimes people get attached in a very unhealthy way," Cooley said. "He knew his mother was dead but he said he couldn't let them physically come and take her body away. He couldn't let go of that part."

Authorities said there is no indication, so far, of foul play. The son was taken into custody for a mental health evaluation but later released, the friend said.

The mobile home where the woman lived is in a largely rural area of the county. The home contained large garbage bags of trash, and there was feces all over the residence, according to witnesses at the scene. A notice that the mobile home has been condemned now hangs on the front door.

No charges or arrests have been made in the case. However, the sheriff's spokesman said investigators are looking into an allegation of Social Security fraud involving the woman's son.

The daughter of the landlord said she called the sheriff's office last spring to request a welfare check on Joyce Law after she stopped seeing the woman, and her signature on the rent check looked different.

Yeah, it sounds like there was more than his obsession for his mother involved. He may have hated letting her go, but I think he hated losing those checks more. I guess all those years he lived with her he never thought he might need to get off his ass and go to work for when the day when she would inevitably pass.

Latest posts

Back