• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
This is breaking news. Not much out yet- just reports of multiple shootings and a stabbing.

I can't find any info on an event taking place there today, but obviously something happened, as my news alerts are blowing up... I will update as info becomes available.

DENVER - Police say they are responding to reports of multiple shootings and a stabbing at the Denver Coliseum Saturday afternoon.
http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...g-stabbing-reported-denver-coliseum/79570036/

Apparently, a feud between rival biker gangs..

Multiple people have been shot and one has been stabbed at the National Western Stock Show early Saturday afternoon, according to an official with the Denver Police Department.

According to the NWSS's website, the Colorado Motorcycle Expo was taking place at the complex. A live charity auction to benefit Biker Down charity was scheduled to take place at the stadium from 1:15 - 2:45 p.m.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/front-range/denver/shooting-reported-at-denver-coliseum
[doublepost=1454192806,1454189309][/doublepost]
k9ua7a.jpg

At least one person was killed after a shooting/stabbing melee Saturday afternoon at the National Western complex.

Denver Health tweeted shortly before 2 p.m. that nine people had been transported to area hospitals.

Denver Health Medical Center put its campus on a precautionary temporary lockdown to ensure patient and visitor safety. One officer on duty there has a semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder.

The 38th Annual Colorado Motorcycle Expo is being held this weekend at National Western complex.

Raquel Lopez, Denver police spokeswoman, said the disturbance happened at 12:48 p.m. Multiple shots were fired and at least one person was stabbed. No arrests have been made.

One witness, who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation, said the feud was started by rival biker gangs.

Police filled the parking lot. People who left the show and crossed the police tape are not being allowed back into the building.

No new attendees are being allowed in, but people who are still in the building have not been asked to leave.

Some of the people who came out are angry and want to go back inside.

Mary Eckhart, who just left the building, said she's angry the incident happened and said some people attending the show don't even know about the violence.

She said she attends the expo every year and is angry that some feuding people "can't control their tempers for one day."

The Kicker Arena Cross Show, which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. in the National Western Event Center, will go on as planned.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ings-reported-denver-national-western-complex

Huh. Dude on the stretcher wasn't what I was expecting based on the story. I mean, I *think* I see a black leather vest, but everything else... Doesn't exactly scream biker gang member to me.

Maybe this is some new hipster Denver gang... lol.

DENVER – The City and County of Denver opted to cancel the Colorado Motorcycle Expo Sunday in wake of a shooting and stabbing that left one person dead and multiple others injured.

The city owns the National Western Complex. The motorcycle expo had contracted the facility for the two-day expo.

“We will have a police presence there the remainder of this evening, and we will have police presence tomorrow,” Denver Police Chief Robert White said.

A deadly altercation broke out shortly before 1 p.m. Saturday. Sources tell 9NEWS the incident involved two different motorcycle clubs -- something DPD has not confirmed. DPD did not say which specific clubs were involved.

A Denver Health spokesperson says the hospital received seven total patients. One of them died, three of them are in critical condition and the other three are stable.

Four people were shot and one was stabbed, according to Denver Police. Three received lesser injuries. The person who died was shot.

Denver Health was placed on lockdown for much of Saturday afternoon due to safety concerns. Heavily-armed Denver Police officers were seen outside the entrances.

No suspects have been arrested. White says Denver Police are interviewing several witnesses, as well as one person of interest.

“It is certainly an ongoing investigation,” White said.

White says the early investigation reveals there was an “exchange of gunfire” rather than a single shooter.

The Colorado Motorcycle Expo has been held for 38 years. People who bought tickets for Sunday's event will receive refunds.

"We have never had any serious incidents that have occurred," White said. "For now we're calling it a shooting. Whether it is motorcycle gang related, motorcycle club related, is yet to be determined."
http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2016/01/30/denver-motorcycle-expo-safety-concerns/79586474/

Here you go @everjaded I'm a visual person n I too was thrown off by the breaking photo above. Not a new Denver hipster gang. Lol.

j9ua91.jpg

2ee9a85.jpg

2n9cgmh.jpg

Huh. Dude on the stretcher wasn't what I was expecting based on the story. I mean, I *think* I see a black leather vest, but everything else... Doesn't exactly scream biker gang member to me.

You never saw the series finale of Sons of Anarchy? I guess Ladarius didn't last long...

21lshzl.jpg

Here u go EJ!

Wheels of soul... Nice!!

I saw this pic and well... Just for you love. <3
[doublepost=1454291640,1454266399][/doublepost]New details emerge. A Dept of Corrections employee was involved in the incident.

DENVER -- We have a better idea of what triggered a deadly shooting that shut down the country’s largest motorcycle expo a day early.

Denver Police would not confirm which motorcycle clubs were involved in the bloody violence.

But today, attorneys representing the two clubs are speaking out.

Vendors clear edout of the vast National Western Complex for home a day early Sunday.

“There were people hiding behind this cement barrier and under the tables,” says vendor Tod Parker, a witness to the chaos that erupted at 12:48 p.m. Saturday.

The city cancelled the Colorado Motorcycle Expo after witnesses say rival motorcycle clubs got into a fight that escalated into murder.

“There were two shots fired on the stairs and then there was some running down this hallway and one of the guys turned around right here, two more shots,” says Parker.

The violence killed one man, and injured seven others--three who remain in critical condition.

And no arrests, even though, we saw this man in an Iron Order Colorado jacket hauled off in handcuffs.

Iron Order is a predominant law enforcement and military members club.

“We have not verified absolutely that law enforcement is part of one of those clubs, absolutely not from Denver,” Denver Police Chief Robert White said during a press conference Saturday night.

But police are investigating whether they could be from other law enforcement agencies.

The Department of Corrections confirmed Sunday evening that one of their employees was involved in the altercation.

"Fact of the matter is an Iron Order member shot and killed a Mongol member and it was senseless,” says Mongols attorney Stephen Stubbs.

He wouldn’t identify the victim. But he did says Iron Order started both a verbal, then a physical altercation.

“There’s no need to pull out weapons and escalate because you are losing a fist fight,” he says.

But John Whitfield, a lawyer and member of Iron Order says it was the Mongols who started the fight, by jumping three outnumbered Iron Order members.

“This is one of those events everyone gets along, never been any trouble,” says Parker.

But not yesterday, when fistfights grew into gunfire, left one man dead, and left in jeopardy the future of a 38-year event.

“We'll assess how the event, if at all, is held again in our city," says Denver Manager of Safety, Stephanie O’Malley.

Stubbs says he has concerns Denver Police will be fair because they’re investigating a brother in blue.

But again, police have not yet verified that an officer shot and killed anyone.

http://kdvr.com/2016/01/31/new-details-come-to-light-about-deadly-brawl-at-motorcycle-expo/

SADLY, I never saw much of ANY of that series. One of those things I always had intentions of binge watching some day but never got around to. :(

Well you better hurry ...winter is almost over, and that is the best time to binge watch anything. <3 Plus its pretty good! The ending has some took a really long time coming karma in it and you will never look at Peg Bundy the same way again...EVER!

Sons of Anarchy fucking sucks and charlie hunnam is one of the worst actors of all time.

I never liked Sons of Anarchy for Jacks....he's a fucking asshole. I liked the end. I don't have the tee -shirt. What do you think I am, a low life? I don't wear licensed clothing unless I go to the show or the game. :nana:

Last edited:
Ew, I'm so not lol. Merely an observation! I'm definitely on the opposite end of that spectrum. :p

So you like kids then? Creepy.

Baggier, looser fit pants are more practical for someone in law enforcement. Running/wrestling/wrangling for a tool or something else in ones pockets is a huge pain with tight pants.

Photo emerges of possible shooter
rtdgzc.jpg

DENVER - A new photo shows a man with a gun moments before a Mongols Motorcycle Club member was shot and killed at the Colorado Motorcycle Expo on Saturday, according to an attorney for the victim's club.

Authorities have not said whether the man pictured with the gun -- a member of the Iron Order Motorcycle Club, shot anyone during the melee. However, an attorney for the Iron Order club said one of its members fired his gun in self-defense.

Seven other people were injured when gunfire and at least one stabbing occurred as about 10,000 people, including children, attended the expo at the National Western Complex in Denver.

Lawyers for both the Mongol Motorcycle Club and Iron Order Motorcycle Club blame the opposing group for the bloodshed.

The National Council of Clubs, an umbrella organization that says it is "dedicated to protecting the political and legal interests of hundreds of motorcycle clubs," on Monday released a photo showing a big man in an Iron Order uniform holding a black handgun as he climbs some stairs at the expo with several motorcycle club members behind him.

A Council of Clubs attorney, Wade Eldridge, said in a statement that he witnessed a confrontation between 20 to 30 members of the Mongols and Iron Order.

Eldridge described hearing a gunshot and seeing a member of Iron Order pointing a gun. The man lowered the gun after people shouted, "Put your gun away," the attorney said.

The Council of Clubs says one of its members took the photo of the man with the gun after the first shot was fired.

An attorney for the Mongols Motorcycle Club, Stephen Stubbs, told Denver7 that an Iron Order member fired a shot after the initial clash, and then the gunman took off up the stairs. Stubbs said Iron Order's members includes law enforcement officers.

According to Stubbs, the fatal victim, 46-year-old Victor Mendoza, can be seen in the background of the photograph, before he was shot. He's a bearded man in sunglasses at the bottom of the staircase.

After the photo was taken, the fight escalated and someone shot and killed Mendoza.

John C. Whitfield, an attorney representing the Iron Order Motorcycle Club and a member himself, told the Associated Press that an Iron Order member who works for the Colorado Department of Corrections fired his gun in self-defense during the confrontation with the Mongols. Whitfield told Denver7 that none of the other Iron Order members involved in the fight were off-duty law enforcement officers.

The Department of Corrections issued this statement Sunday:

"On Saturday, January 30, 2016, there was an incident at the Colorado Motorcycle Expo in Denver, Colorado. The Department of Corrections, confirms that one of our employees was involved in the incident. In order to ensure that the local law enforcement's investigation and any subsequent review by the district attorney's office is completed timely and without interference, the department will not be releasing any additional information."

Denver police continue to investigate the deadly clash, but no one had been arrested as of Monday.

Given the large number of witnesses and the complex crime scene, it will take time for police to complete their investigation, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey.

"Think about this scene, think about how many people were there. It's going to take time for the Denver Police Department to thoroughly investigate this and to put that investigation together for our review," she said.

"The district attorney is monitoring the investigation. Once it's completed, he will review it for any criminal charges," Kimbrough said.

Denver Police said at a Monday news conference that investigators are searching for photos and video related to the expo incident. Detectives did not cite the photo showing the gunman at the news conference.

Whitfield, the Iron Order attorney, said the fight started started when a Mongols member uttered a racial slur to an African-American member of the Iron Order.

Whitfield said 30 members of the Mongols club then "jumped" 16 Iron Order members, severely beating some members and stabbing at least one person.

The Iron Order members feared for their lives and one member -- the DOC employee -- pulled out a gun and fired in self-defense, Whitfield said. The attorney said he thinks some of the Mongols also had guns.

Stubbs, the Mongols' attorney, maintained that Iron Order members started the brawl.

Mongol members were on the bottom floor of the motorcycle expo at their booth when several Iron Order members entered the area and started staring at the Mongols, Stubbs said. Some Mongol members left the booth to confront the Iron Order members who were drunk and yelling obscenities at the Mongols, Stubbs claimed.

According to Stubbs, one of the Iron Order members pulled out a gun and started threatening some of the Mongols. A fight broke out and one of the Mongols was shot, seriously injuring him.

Iron Order members retreated up the stairs where they continued shouting obscenities, Stubbs said. One of the Mongol members, Mendoza, tried to run up the stairs to confront the Iron Order again. Mendoza was fatally shot by an Iron Order member, Stubbs said.

When that happened, the brawl escalated with multiple shootings, fistfights and a stabbing.

"No reason to pull out a gun when they're in a fist fight," said Stubbs. "The Iron Order is known to have cops that, they're not the kind you talk to on the street. They've got egos. They're living out a Sons of Anarchy."

Stubbs said no Mongol had a gun.

The three people who were the most seriously injured are from the Iron Order. Two were initially in critical condition, but have been stabilized, and the third was released from the hospital.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-deadly-shooting-at-colorado-motorcycle-expo

Did you mean Taddarius? From Grim Bastards? Just checking.
Otherwise, this shit was just stooooooooopid!!! Way to perpetuate the G.D. bikers are evil shit...

All those names look alike. But you are right. I meant Taddarius. Lol! Good catch.
[doublepost=1454377965,1454377776][/doublepost]Awwwwwww. Bikers are finally showing some diversity! I love it.

No charges to be filed in this shooting and death.
DENVER -- No charges will be filed against an off-duty Colorado Department of Corrections employee who killed a man during a brawl at the Colorado Motorcycle Expo that left several others injured, the Denver District Attorney's Office announced Tuesday.

Victor Mendoza, 46, was killed by a gunshot wound during a fight between two motorcycle clubs at the Denver Coliseum on Jan. 30 and his death was ruled a homicide, the Denver medical examiner said.

The fight broke out between The Mongols and the Iron Order motorcycle clubs. The investigation confirmed that shots were fired by Mendoza and Derrick Duran, the corrections department employee, the DA's office said.

Duran fired the first shot, injuring one person. Within a minute, Mendoza shot at Duran, grazing his torso and hitting another man behind Duran. Duran then fatally shot Mendoza.

The DA's office said four people were hit by gunfire, two people were victims of assault and one person was stabbed.

The Denver Police Department conducted hundreds of hours investigating the brawl and presented it to the district attorney's office on Monday as a first-degree murder case, Cmdr. Ron Saunier said at a news conference.

"(T)he legal review concluded that there is no likelihood of a conviction due to the self-defense claim of Mr. Duran," the DA's office said in a news release.

Duran was a member of the Iron Order club, while Mendoza was a Mongols club member.

Saunier said about 40 witnesses were talked to at the scene and at least 17 of them were with Iron Order, whose membership includes those from law enforcement agencies.

Saunier said the Iron Order witnesses were not current law enforcement members but some did have previous experience.

"We have considered this a homicide investigation throughout," Saunier said. "I believe we have done a complete and thorough investigation."

One wounded Mongols member did not talk to police and other members also declined to be interviewed.

In February, Stephen Stubbs, an attorney with The Mongols, said an Iron Order started a verbal, then a physical altercation.

“There’s no need to pull out weapons and escalate because you are losing a fistfight,” Stubbs said.

John Whitfield, a lawyer and member of Iron Order, said it was the Mongols who started the fight by jumping three outnumbered Iron Order members.
http://kwgn.com/2016/04/19/no-charges-filed-in-deadly-colorado-motorcycle-expo-shooting/
[doublepost=1464334126,1461583390][/doublepost]Denver Coliseum won't host motorcycle Expo in 2017.
DENVER - The 2017 Colorado Motorcycle Expo at the National Western Complex has been canceled following a deadly brawl between rival motorcycle gangs back in January.

“After months of research and discussions with various agencies, it is in the best interest of public safety to move in a different direction and not have the expo in our facilities in 2017," said Paul Andrews, President and CEO of the National Western Complex.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...complex-cancels-2017-colorado-motorcycle-expo

Back