• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

n0longerinuse

luckett.jpg

Deneice Luckett

BROWN DEER (WITI) — The Brown Deer Police Department says a 44-year-old woman has been charged in connection with a stabbing incident that occurred on Friday, July 25th.

That woman is Deneice Luckett of Brown Deer.

Luckett faces the following charges:

• first degree reckless injury – a felony
  • first degree recklessly endangering safety (two felony counts)
  • child abuse – intentionally causing harm – a felony
  • misdemeanor battery

[...] responded to a 911 call at a residence [...] for reports of a stabbing. The suspect was the caller’s mother, who had already fled the scene on foot.

“A little bit after midnight there were two 911 calls received [...] reporting that the caller had been stabbed and he indicated his mother`s the one who had stabbed them,” says Lieutenant Lisa Kumbier, Brown Deer Police.

[...] the 911 caller, Luckett’s 16-year-old son, told a dispatcher he needed police and medical assistance immediately — saying “we are dripping blood all over the house.”

[...] officers found two victims, an 18-year-old and the 16-year-old.

“There was a struggle, and then mom left — ran to the kitchen and came back with a knife. There was a stab wound to the leg area and the other victim had some cuts to his head and face area,” Kumbier said.

Officials say the 18-year-old sustained a stab wound to his leg and the 16-year-old sustained cuts to his face and head area.

The criminal complaint against Luckett says the 18-year-old boy was rushed into surgery immediately [...] a vein in his leg had been severed during the stabbing.

[...]

told police that around 11:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th, the 18-year-old had spoken with his mother over the telephone. The conversation dealt with $20 that was missing from the 18-year-old’s bedroom dresser.

The complaint says when the 18-year-old returned home — [...] confronted Luckett about the missing money. [...] returned to his bedroom, which he shares with the 16-year-old, and Luckett reportedly accused the 16-year-old of taking the 18-year-old’s side.

[...] Luckett picked up a ceramic cup and threw it at the 16-year-old boy — striking him in the head.

[...] pulled the 18-year-old out of the room, but he returned to make sure the 16-year-old was okay.

[...] Luckett grabbed a large knife from the kitchen, and returned to the bedroom. [...] stabbed both boys — and then fled the scene.

[...] was later located in the City of Milwaukee and was taken into custody.

[...] 16-year-old required a total of 15 stitches to close two lacerations on his head. The 18-year-old sustained a three-inch stab wound to his left calf, which severed a vein.

Police spoke with the 18-year-old — [...] he was bowling with friends when he got a call from his mother — saying she had found $20 in the laundry — asking whether he had left money in his pockets. [...]

When the 18-year-old returned home, the complaint says he checked his dresser and discovered his $20 was missing.

That’s when he confronted Luckett about the money — according to the complaint.

[...] Luckett had recently returned from Arizona in June of 2014. Her sister is the legal guardian of the 18-year-old and 16-year-old.

Neighbors who know the boys are concerned and in disbelief.

“I don`t even know how to put it in words. When you`re a parent and another parent does that to one of their children, you have to wonder,” neighbor Paul Fine said.

Luckett was transported to the Milwaukee County Jail.

What do you want to bet that Mom needed crack? If my mom needed anything I had, I would give it to her in a heartbeat, but my mom isn't a junkie.

The way these boys act towards one another, I'm led to believe that they're having to essentially raise each other.
Way to go with the fine-honed parenting skills, Mom. Did you use a strop, or a whetstone, to sharpen them?

The way these boys act towards one another, I'm led to believe that they're having to essentially raise each other.
Way to go with the fine-honed parenting skills, Mom. Did you use a strop, or a whetstone, to sharpen them?
It says in the article they are raised by an aunt. This mother of the year doesn't even have custody of her sons...

Back