• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Macabre

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
Greetings fellow demonites,

Would you like to meet those people that you spend your free time chatting with?
Now is your chance!

When: Sometime between late August and the end of October. A date within this timeframe is negotiable, but it must remain within these parameters.
Where: One of these three locations:
Philadelphia
Austin, Texas
New Orleans, Louisiana

All are welcome to attend.
Just don't be an asshat.

We want your input. Feel free to voice your opinion here and help us plan our get together.
So far, New Orleans has been the front runner for where everyone would like to attend.

I've been to st. Louis. Bought some food stamps from a hooker. Good times.

I vote Nolo. Fuck Texas.

And everyone may be welcome, but not by me.

211nchs.gif

GAH!! Sorry, BB, I'm back on the stupid mobile and the f'in' crap is way to close to the heart!!!

Long as I can get tix in plenty of time and it's not in Nigeria IDC! :)

@BostonBurns

Although, if it's NO, I might possibly be able to hook everyone up with cheap Marriott rooms. You would just need a code and say you are my "friends". I might need to be there for check in as well. So if u aren't my friend, fuck you. J/k.
But it could work.

Oh, just checked the mileage - if it's NOLA I can drive it in my sleep so we'd have an extra car. :)

(cuz i love history...nothing to see here, people, move along...)

:(

Hubby and I have yet to go on a holiday since before the kids - kids have yet to go on a holiday.....ever. So I'm out until they get a holiday - but will keep tabs on your planning because I know you guys always have a blast and will wish I was there!

I'm down for some NoLo! And cheap hotel!

Dude. If we live 15 miles from one another, and don't meet until NOLA, I might kick you in the shin instead of shaking your hand.

Fair warning.

Considering I recommended all three locations, I'm pleased as punch with whatever the outcome. If I were to rank, it'd be NOLA (because I've always wanted to go), then Austin (because LeaveMeBe is in the vicinity, but I'll be going eventually anyway because of that), then Philly (because I've already been once).

I've also been to St. Louis. Stayed in Creve Coeur (Gulf Shores restaurant was delightful with live jazz at lunchtime). But the city itself was so tourist unfriendly, we drove all the way to Hannibal to do some Mark Twain riverboat cruise. Saw my first Mennonites. Quite the experience. I was 33 weeks pregnant and swelled like I never knew a human could swell due to the humidity.

No Vegas. No Vegas. No Vegas. I want culture. Local culture, not Celine Dion.

Dude. If we live 15 miles from one another, and don't meet until NOLA, I might kick you in the shin instead of shaking your hand.

Fair warning.

Considering I recommended all three locations, I'm pleased as punch with whatever the outcome. If I were to rank, it'd be NOLA (because I've always wanted to go), then Austin (because LeaveMeBe is in the vicinity, but I'll be going eventually anyway because of that), then Philly (because I've already been once).

I've also been to St. Louis. Stayed in Creve Coeur (Gulf Shores restaurant was delightful with live jazz at lunchtime). But the city itself was so tourist unfriendly, we drove all the way to Hannibal to do some Mark Twain riverboat cruise. Saw my first Mennonites. Quite the experience. I was 33 weeks pregnant and swelled like I never knew a human could swell due to the humidity.

No Vegas. No Vegas. No Vegas. I want culture. Local culture, not Celine Dion.

I see. Stayed with the rich folk down in Creve Coeur... ;)
I'm kidding.
PSA for the day, avoid this city like the plague guys. If it wasn't for Boeing I would soooo not live here...

Well, you'll have to deal with me if it's NO or Austin (no biggie there, I like to buy people I like drinks).

I used to live in New Orleans, & am looking for an excuse to go back (haven't been back since Katrina). I currently live in Austin, so, try & keep me away.

Fair warning.
THIS! We should just carpool.....since I no longer have my Passat.........And we can blaze the whole way.:cigar:

Back