• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
264j0c9.jpg
103v6uw.jpg
Thompson said former Delta Air Lines employee Mark Quentin Henry (Top)
took guns aboard at least 17 commercial airliners this year from Atlanta to New York airports. Delta ramp agent Eugene Harvey(bottom) faces multiple charges and is accused of aiding others in the scheme
28u0bic.jpg

Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson is expected to announce the arrest of the people involved in the gun-smuggling ring Tuesday.​
The breakup of a gun smuggling ring allegedly involving a current and former Delta Air Lines employee has exposed what a New York prosecutor described as an "egregious breach of security"
[...]
District Attorney Kenneth Thompson said Tuesday that the investigation was "deeply troubling" -- not only for the havoc the gun running unleashed on the streets but because of the vulnerability to acts of terrorism on air travel that it revealed.

"If they can put guns on the plane this time," he told
[....]
"they could have easily put a bomb on one of those planes."

Two men worked together to smuggle guns and ammunition on at least 20 flights from Atlanta to New York from May to December
[...]
"We have an egregious breach of security" at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport because airport employees "are not required to go through screening,"
[...]
In total, 153 guns were recovered as part of a complex investigation that Thompson outlined by using charts and surveillance video
[....]
Eugene Harvey, who worked for Delta at the Atlanta airport, was arrested at his home in Atlanta on Monday
[...]
So how could a man get more than a dozen guns on a flight in his carry-on backpack?

"Had the eighteen firearms been inside the Oakley bag when Henry passed through TSA screening, the firearms would have been discovered,"
[...]
"Accordingly, I reasonably believe the eighteen firearms bypassed security."

The 'backdoor method'
Mary Schiavo, a
[...]
aviation analyst, said the suspects apparently "took advantage of known loopholes" in airport security. Baggage handlers and other airport employees don't have to go through a concourse screening as passengers do, creating a "backdoor method" for airport employees to smuggle materials
[...]
"That's literally been a loophole since 2002," when the TSA was established,
[....]
"There was a big issue on cost."

When she was inspector general of the Transportation Department for six years
[...]
Schiavo raised the "same kind of warning" about the screening of airport employees.

"This is an important wake-up call. I just hope Washington and the airports heed it,"
[...]
Schiavo said that "it will take a lot of expense and manpower to close that loophole."
[...]
Thompson held one of the weapons allegedly smuggled by Henry -- an AK-47 assault rifle.

"This gun can shoot through a car door,"
[...]
"It can shoot through an apartment door. It can shoot through a bullet-proof vest. In November, Mr. Henry brought this gun on a Delta commercial airliner to New York."

Transfer in men's restroom?
On the morning of December 10,
[..]
baggage handler Harvey used his security clearance to enter Delta's employee parking lot and then the secure area of the airport.

"Employees entering this area are not subjected to screening by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), neither at the time of entry into the employee parking lot, nor upon entry to the internal secure/restricted area at Hartsfield-Jackson,"
[...]
Surveillance video showed that on the same morning, the passenger Henry cleared security with a black Oakley backpack. He then went to sit down
[...]
According to Taylor, that's when Henry started texting Harvey. Moments later, Harvey entered a men's restroom in Concourse B. And Henry followed.

After one minute,
[...]
Henry walked out of the restroom with the backpack.
[...]
says on several occasions this year, Harvey used his security clearance to enter the secure Delta employee parking lot -- even though he was supposed to be off or on sick leave.
[...]
on each of those dates, Henry boarded a flight from Atlanta to New York.

Delta spokesman Morgan Durrant told
[...]
the airline is cooperating with authorities.

"We take seriously any activity that fails to uphold our strict commitment to the safety and security of our customers and employees," he said.

[..]
Thompson said Henry allegedly boarded 20 flights with guns between May and December.

"We were fortunate that we were able to get all the guns that they tried to put on the streets of Brooklyn,"
[....]
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/23/us/delta-employee-gun-smuggling/
dyvitw.jpg

Arrival: ...and later getting off of a plane at JFK airport that same morning at 10:26am. He was arrested December 10 after he was followed to his residence in Brooklyn​
'This was an egregious breach of our nation's air traffic security': Brooklyn district attorney slams gun smuggling ring that allowed 18 pistols and ammunition to get past TSA in Atlanta
  • Brooklyn DA Kenneth Thompson commented as he described a case brought against five people in which guns were taken onto passenger jets
  • Former Delta Air Lines employee Mark Quentin Henry took guns aboard at least 17 commercial airliners this year from Atlanta to New York airports, he said
  • Eugene Harvey, 31, is suspected of helping smuggle firearms onto Delta passenger jets bound for New York City from Atlanta
  • He has been charged with trafficking firearms, violating airport security and aiding others in the scheme
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-18-pistols-ammunition-past-TSA-Atlanta.html

Why am I it surprised? TSA is a huge joke is why. They check for things and make a big deal out of stuff that is ridiculous but let the obviously dangerous crap go through. It's just a matter of time that a repeat of 911 happens but this time it will be home grown. With the way certain people, groups and organizations are acting out their frustrations with mass shootings and killing their own families and shooting down police officers and joining ISIS I can really see it happening.

Y not just throw the guns in the car, hop on I-85 and drive the speed limit up the eastern seaboard? Might take 12 or so more hours, but who cares, really?
I <3 stupid criminals.

and yet I couldn't get through airport security with fucking coconut oil!!! I threw a mini fit saying "the terrorists have won" almost got thrown off the flight. I use coconut oil as lotion and in my hair, has to be a specific kind and its expensive as fuck....they threw it away right in front of my face....but these guys are bringing guns on planes. AMERICA!!!

Back