• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
deer-attack-96.jpg

This buck fought back!

A behemoth deer charged a French hunter as he tried to shoot it, ripping open the guy’s face and landing him in the hospital with 50 stitches, according to a report.

“It actually took half my face off,” the hunter, Vincent Saubion, told the UK Metro.

The 36-year-old had to be raced by helicopter to a team of surgeons after the 330-pound animal he was stalking in southwest France stormed him, according to the outlet.

The deer tore a chunk of skin off Saubion’s mug, under his cheek and eye — causing him to “feel drunk” from the impact and amount of blood loss, he said.

He was so disoriented, he told pals that he wanted to keep hunting, but they forced him to stop while a firefighter friend tended to his wounds.

He was later treated at Pellegrin Hospital in Bordeaux, where he underwent emergency surgery.

But the wild attack won’t stop him from returning to the sport, he said.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2020/03/06/deer-rips-off-half-of-hunters-face-as-he-tries-to-shoot-it/

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems weird to think of French people hunting.
I thought so too, but it's apparently a really big deal! The landscape is so differently arranged there (smaller towns closer together, lax hunting laws) that people are afraid to go for walks during hunting season because so many people get shot by accident. Very controversial right now! And apparently most of the hunters are actually middle class yuppies out for the adventure of it, not country folk as people think.

I don't feel real bad for this guy. Ha. About time the deer fought back a bit.

This is why you carry a pistol when hunting. They're faster to aim and shoot if shit goes sideways. European pistol laws are more restrictive though.

Latest posts

Back