• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
4 Boys Killed; Wounded Mother Is Suspect
October 28, 1997
SAN MARCOS — A 33-year-old mother stands accused of the unthinkable crime of murdering her four sons in a grisly scene that shocked even sheriff's deputies who have grown accustomed to violence.
[..]
Susan Diane Eubanks, whose life was beset with marital problems, debts and violence from her estranged husband, may be arraigned today in her hospital bed, where she is recuperating from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the abdomen, officials said
The case began to unfold Sunday afternoon when sheriff's deputies were called to a rented home in a working-class section of this rural community 40 miles north of San Diego to mediate a dispute between Eubanks and her new boyfriend.
Several hours later, deputies returned after being alerted by Eubanks' estranged husband that something may have gone dreadfully wrong at the family home. They forced their way into the two-bedroom house, which sits on a lot populated by chickens, dogs and horses. Deputies were shocked at what they found inside.
Three of Eubanks' sons--ages 6, 7 and 14--were dead from gunshot wounds to the head, apparently inflicted by their distraught mother. A fourth son was clinging to life. And Eubanks was in a back bedroom, her bleeding body beside a .38-caliber pistol.
Officials said they found no suicide notes or illegal drugs in the home and no indication that the boys had sought to flee. Still, they are convinced that the incident was an intended murder-suicide, with no other suspects than Eubanks.
"We know what happened; we just don't know why," said sheriff's Sgt. Steve Wood.
Found dead inside the home from gunshots inflicted at close range were Brigham Eubanks, 6, Austin Eubanks, 7, and Brandon Armstrong, 14.
Matthew Eubanks, 4, was taken by helicopter to Children's Hospital in San Diego, where he was immediately placed on life support systems. He died at 4:30 p.m. Monday shortly after his father arrived at the hospital. The child's organs may be used for transplant, hospital officials said.
A fifth child in the home, a 5-year-old cousin of the slain boys, was not injured.
Eubanks' trouble-filled life was seemingly spinning out of control in recent weeks.
Desperate and afraid for her life, Eubanks had gone to court last month seeking to escape from a marriage filled with allegations that her husband physically abused her, threatened to kill her and was given to alcoholic rages. Eubanks pleaded with the judge to keep her husband away from her and their sons.
Like many a woman newly separated from her husband, Eubanks immediately had severe money problems, including $40,000 owed on her credit cards. But last week, she was ordered by a separate court to pay $341 a month to support a 14-year-old son from a previous marriage.
And then on Sunday afternoon, a new relationship crumbled as she and her new boyfriend quarreled and he gathered up his belongings.
Eubanks had recently filed for divorce from her husband of nine years, Eric Dale Eubanks, 37, a cabinetmaker and Pop Warner football coach. She cited his alleged continued erratic behavior, drinking and physical threats
Susan Eubanks also was convicted of drunk driving in 1996 after nearly ramming a sheriff's car at 2 a.m. A blood-alcohol test showed that she had more than twice the legal limit in her system.
Eubanks had alleged that her husband accused her of infidelity, threatened to kill her and suggested that she kill herself. Eric Eubanks was convicted in June of misdemeanor spousal battery after a scuffle at the home.
He was given probation on the condition that he undergo domestic violence and alcoholism counseling. Court documents indicate that he refused to attend the alcoholism counseling and that he insisted to counselors that he did not have a drinking problem. An arrest warrant was issued for him after he refused to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. He had also recently been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.
"There was always trouble up there," said one neighbor. Others said the family kept their distance and declined to socialize.
Sheriff's deputies, who had made frequent trips to the house, responded to a call Sunday from Eric Eubanks, who had received an ominous "farewell" message on his pager. Surrounding the home, deputies heard Susan Eubanks calling for help.
Deputies found two of the boys in a bedroom and two others in the living room. Eubanks was found in a second bedroom.
Eric Eubanks and his estranged wife's boyfriend, whose name was not released, had apparently gone to a bar to "cool off" after the argument between Susan Eubanks and the boyfriend, officials said. Neither man is considered a suspect.
In one document relating to the divorce, Susan Eubanks wrote: "I returned to my home after spending the night with a friend and found that my husband had torn up my clothes and written the word D-I-V-O-R-C-E in large letters in nail polish on the bathroom mirror."
http://articles.latimes.com/1997/oct/28/news/mn-47552
mwtafo.jpg
Susan Diane Eubanks​

Death sentence upheld for woman who killed 4 sons
dec 19 2011
SAN DIEGO -- A San Marcos woman who shot and killed her four children failed Monday to win a reprieve from the California Supreme Court, which voted unanimously to uphold her death penalty.
In a ruling written by Justice Ming W. Chin, the state's highest court rejected an automatic appeal by Susan Dianne Eubanks, who was convicted of murdering her sons Brandon, 14; Austin, 7; Brigham, 6; and Matthew, 4, in October 1997.

After drinking and taking tranquilizers, Eubanks put a revolver to the temple of Brandon, her eldest son, and shot him, according to the court's opinion. She fired another shot into his neck from a few inches away. She shot her younger three boys in their bedroom.
Before shooting herself in the abdomen, Eubanks left several notes, including an instruction that she be buried in the same casket with her youngest son. Detectives found the notes in the San Marcus home shortly after the bloodshed.

Evidence presented at her trial showed that Eubanks had become addicted to prescription drugs after suffering a workplace injury. She had lost her job, and she and her husband were having marital problems.

The court said her oldest son had telephoned the mother of his best friend for help before he was killed. The woman told him to reassess the situation and call back if necessary.

Eubanks challenged her death sentence on several grounds, including the fact that the trial court admitted evidence during the penalty phase that she had once smeared her nephew’s face with feces. The court said the evidence was proper because it was intended to rebut claims that she had been a good mother
[...]
http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...an-who-killed-4-sons-20111219,0,6327063.story

2ivfddf.jpg
Susan Eubanks​
Court Docs
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/2-s082915-respondent-brief.pdf

Matthew Eubanks
e0ilpx.jpg

106xzkz.jpg
Matthew,Austin and Bringham Eubanks​
Birth: 1993
Death: Oct. 26, 1997
Valley Center
San Diego County
California, USA
4 year old Matthew, his two brothers Austin Eubanks age 7, Brigham Eubanks age 6, and his 14 year old half brother Brandon Armstrong were all killed by their mother. She currently resides on death row
[,,,,]

Austin Eubanks
2555i7b.jpg

Birth: 1991

Brigham Eubanks
dzibrm.jpg

6 year old Brigham

Brandon Armstrong
11kgqhc.jpg

Birth: Jul. 13, 1983
Galveston
Galveston County
Texas, USA
Valley Center
San Diego County
California, USA
All of the pics are here
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=30259763&df=all&

Last edited:
I read these stories and it just blows my mind that this is what they come up with as an answer, especially when they have sooo many blessings.... I myself have been thru a marriage that ended badly, hard financial times too, however when things look there worse all i have to do is look at my blessings... my kids... they make it more than worth it to fight for another day... allthough her troubles seem to be great they were the insignificant things, a boyfriend, a bastard ex, financial issues, she killed the blessings that were to help her get thru these hard times, I find that very very sad...

This episode was also shown on deadly women...part of her motive for killing her four sons was to also get back at the men who had caused her pain in her life. In short, she's no different than most of the men we see on here who kill their kids to stick it to the wives.

The court said her oldest son had telephoned the mother of his best friend for help before he was killed. The woman told him to reassess the situation and call back if necessary.

Damn. I want to know more about this call. Off to Google.

Oh man. I found a huge document which sums up the phone calls.

While Eubanks and Dodson were fighting, fourteen-year-old Brandon went out to a pay phone and called Kathy Goohs, the mother of his best friend, and asked Goohs to come and pick up Brandon and his brothers because Eubanks and Dodson were fightingY (24 RT 2660; 25 RT 2698.) Brandon said his little brothers were scared and he did not want them exposed to that fighting. (25 RT 2698.) Goohs told Brandon to check and make sure that she really needed to pick them up. Goohs told him to go back to the house, assess the situation, and call again if he still needed her to pick them up.

[...]

Eubanks called Kathy Goohs and asked her to come and get the children. Goohs estimated this phone call was about ten minutes after the call from Brandon. (24 RT 2660.) Eubanks said that Dodson was going to call the police, and if the police came they would take the children away and separate them, and Eubanks needed Goohs to come get the children before that happened. (24 RT 2661.) Eubanks was "very upset, very agitated," and she pleaded with Goohs to take the children away.

[...]

Goohs told Eubanks she would come and get the children, but she did not. Goohs had permitted Eric to stay at her house after he left Eubanks, and Goohs said she was afraid if Eubanks came over to retrieve the children later that night, and saw Eric staying there, that Eubanks would not let Brandon visit her son Christian any more. Goohs did not want Eubanks to think Goohs was taking sides.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/2-s082915-respondent-brief.pdf

Murder/suicide? She shot them in the head and herself in the abdomen, and now is fighting the death penalty?
She never wanted to die.

Warren should come back so I can tell him that he's right; killing her WON'T bring the children back. But it will make US happy. LWOP! And put her in the unit with women who have killed to protect their kids.

Killing her wont undo what she did.
Well no, You are right about that. Nothing will undo what she has done. But it will save the tax payers some money and it will lessen her carbon foot print on the world. Plus, I have a bottle of homemade wild berry wine I would finally have a reason to uncork and take a swig.

Yeah but I'm only human and the idea of vengence makes me smile. This selfish cunt killed 4 beautiful children and shot herself in the stomach. She's got 3 or 4 chins in those pictures so there was enough flubber for her to hit without actually endangering her life. So, while the death penalty won't bring those boys back it sure as hell makes me happy.

All said by the mother of 4 boys.

Thank you so much for your incredibly penetrating insight. We all really thought it would undo what she did! I'm sure everyone has been won over by your undeniable gift for persuasion. Are you Gerry Spence?

I think it would be perfectly fine if someone were to just UNDO HER.

I think it's grand she's been in prison fearing that day all this time, too, it's almost like poetry.

Back