• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
PEEBLES, Ohio -- Multiple people are dead after shootings at multiple locations on Union Hill Road in Pike County just northeast of Peebles, according to the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

Two adults and five children are among those shot to death, according to Pastor Phil Fulton of the nearby Union Hill Church. There is no word on the exact number of victims.

Fulton said it was “very out of character for our community, but with the ways of the world, the way things are going, (so) I guess maybe we shouldn’t be surprised. But we are. This is so tragic.”

Even though it's about eight miles from the scene, Peebles High School was put on "lockout" as a precautionary measure. This status meant that nobody is going in or out for about an hour, but school was still in session.

“The mail carrier told me there’s something seriously bad going on up the road," nearby resident Goldie Holderbran told WCPO. "I’m on the other side of 32 on Union Hill Road. I’m not very far."

Union Hill Road is just off of SR-32 about 75 miles east of Cincinnati. The road parallels much of the border between Adams and Pike counties.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/adams-county/multiple-fatalities-confirmed-at-pike-county-home

I'm keeping a sharp eye on this story. I read in another article that they're all related. If this is true, I wonder if it's a familicide or if it'll be like that situation in Chicago last year where an entire family was killed by an outsider.

, but with the ways of the world, the way things are going,

I hate this statement...we made it...we made this world. And the guy is talking like it just happened some how...we made this mess. And more some of us just throw our hands up in the air and go oh well...I guess that's just the way it is. Maybe at your house fuckers.

Seven family members were found shot to death in Pike County, Ohio on Friday - a rural area about an hour and a half east of Cincinnati.

Officials have not identified the victims, but local Pastor Phil Fulton told the Columbus Dispatch that they are Dana Rhoden, her ex-husband and some of her children and grandchildren. Previous reports said the dead included two children and five adults, including a five-day-old infant and six-month-old.

The bodies were reportedly found in or near more than one residence along Union Hill Road this morning, just east of Peebles, Ohio. A victims advocate said that two children survived the massacre and are being treated at a local hospital. It's unclear what condition the unnamed children are in.

More than a dozen investigators are now working at three crime scenes spread between two properties on Union Hill Road to figure out what happened.

Meanwhile, about 20 family members have gathered at Union Hill Church where they are waiting for more information from police.

According to satellite views of the area, the street appears to be dotted with small farms.

It's still unclear if the killer (or killers) is among the dead or at large. Sources told My Fox Columbus that the shootings do not appear to be random.

Officials say no arrests have been made and they are not aware of any active shooter situation, NBC4i reported just after 11:30am.

Pike County Sheriff's Office called in the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation for help with the case this morning around 8:21am, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
LINK

At least eight people, including two juveniles, were found dead in Pike County in what the Ohio attorney general called multiple "execution style" shootings.

The shootings occurred at four separate locations on or near Union Hill Road in Pike County just northeast of Peebles, Ohio Attorney Mike DeWine told WLW host Bill Cunningham Friday afternoon.

At least seven of the victims are believed to be members of the Rhoden family, DeWine said.

Telling Cunningham that the shooter or shooters "may still be on the loose," DeWine said, “Any remaining (family) members, I would be cautious.” DeWine stopped short of calling it an "active shooter" situation.

"We've never had anything like this," DeWine said.

DeWine also told Cunningham that some "very young" children were also found alive at one of the crime scenes and quickly removed by investigators.

The scenes include houses and trailer homes separated by about a mile.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/adams-county/multiple-fatalities-confirmed-at-pike-county-home

A 5 day old and a six month old, what could they do to the shooter? I vote murder/suicide, the killer is still there, most likely dead, but still there.

This post upset me so much I googled it and the five day old and the six-month-old are actually alive so I erase my tirade

This post upset me so much I googled it and the five day old and the six-month-old are actually alive so I erase my tirade

Thanks! That's a new update. I saw the reverse not a half-hour ago. Crazy stuff, it reminds me of that murdered family from Washington, where the daughter and her boyfriend went and killed them all on Christmas Eve. This time the killers might be among the deceased, but heaven help them if they are on the loose.

Thanks! That's a new update. I saw the reverse not a half-hour ago. Crazy stuff, it reminds me of that murdered family from Washington, where the daughter and her boyfriend went and killed them all on Christmas Eve. This time the killers might be among the deceased, but heaven help them if they are on the loose.

I mean I still hope this fucker rage quits life and kills himself but it takes a special kind of evil to shoot babies in the face....

2zgbtjp.jpg

It's still bad, but somehow it makes feel better that the tinies are still aive. Tho my heart breaks for the others.

An eighth body was found on Friday in the mass murder of a family in Pike County, Ohio - a rural area about an hour and a half east of Cincinnati.

Crime scene investigators were first called to Union Hill Road at 8:21am, when seven family members were found shot to death in the head 'execution style'.

Hours later, officials confirmed than an eighth victim was found at a nearby property just before 2pm, but it's still unclear whether this victim is related to the first family of victims.

Ohio Attorney Mike DeWine told 700 WLW that the first set of victims were members of the Rhoden family, and that the shooter or shooters 'is probably loose somewhere' since none of the deaths look like suicides.

'If I was a member of that family, I would be extra cautious right now,' DeWine said.

The motive for the crime is still not known.

Officials have not identified the victims, but local Pastor Phil Fulton told the Columbus Dispatch that the first seven victims are Dana Rhoden, her ex-husband and some of her children and grandchildren. At an afternoon press conference, DeWine said that at least one of the victims was a child and that three children survived the massacre.

The bodies were reportedly found in or near more than one residence along Union Hill Road this morning, just east of Peebles, Ohio.

More than a dozen investigators are now working at four crime scenes along the road, trying to figure out what happened. These crime scenes include houses and trailer homes separated by a mile at some points.
LINK

One of the local news sites' aerial footage shows several people in (what appear to be) white biohazard suits walking in the woods behind one of the murder sites. If you look at the property, the condition of it suggests a suit of that type is necessary...(I'm not implying anything yet...but still...)

It's the second video on the site "Aerial look at 3 separate crime scenes", starting at 50 seconds:

Seems the perp had compassion for the littlest, or were they just too young to identify the killer? Awaiting developments on this one.

Seems the perp had compassion for the littlest, or were they just too young to identify the killer? Awaiting developments on this one.

It takes a real,cold blooded killer to shoot an innocent baby in the face. Let's be great full for the ones who he allowed to live.
[doublepost=1461380028,1461379769][/doublepost]I just read up on the story the killer is still on the loose and the youngest person killed was a teenager but they let the 5 day old, 6 month old and 3 year old live? Anyone else thinking a woman is the killer?

I can't get the video to work. Oh well.

Cbaby, I clicked through them as if they were pictures and then the videos started working for me. Here are a few sceenshots.

288tqic.png

The long trailer home to the left of the big barn is one of the crime scenes.
25jkpx0.png

I wonder what all those little shacks all over the are place used for?
2dhfsi0.png

This is a separate crime scene from the pics above.
2lkzj9z.png

One of the local news sites' aerial footage shows several people in (what appear to be) white biohazard suits walking in the woods behind one of the murder sites. If you look at the property, the condition of it suggests a suit of that type is necessary...(I'm not implying anything yet...but still...)
It's the second video on the site "Aerial look at 3 separate crime scenes", starting at 50 seconds:

You weren't kidding, that one property is a hot mess. Is it a junkyard? Then in the middle of all the junk is a nice new barn.

Photos of those killed in Pike County:

Dana Rhoden, 37, the dead include her adult children Frankie and Hannah, minor son Chris, 16, Dana's ex-husband Christopher, and Frankie's fiancee.
dz8kea.png

Hannah Rhoden, she was in a relationship and had the 4 day old baby with a man named Cory Holdren.
atp6bk.png

Chris Rhoden, 16, was found at the 4th crime scene.
33cno5d.png

Frankie Rhoden was engaged to Hannah Gilley and they had two children together, the 6 month old and the 3 year old.
vosdx1.png

Hannah Gilley was Frankie Rhoden's fiancee.
dw5g77.png

I don't have names for the other two victims, but there were four crime scenes. I believe Dana and her ex Christopher were found at one crime scene and I know 16yo Chris was found at another. Three children ages 4 days, 6 mos and 3 years were left alive. So the 3yo would be able to identify the killer if he/she knew him, but I think they were all killed at night so maybe he couldn't tell who it was. And the killer could have been wearing a mask.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/chris...otos-pictures-pike-county-killing-suspect/11/

Last edited:
I bet this was a beef with another street racing family. This thought was sumized from the huge trophy it says racing to me.

Last edited:
Thanks @Snoods !

Those who died look very typical for mid-western rural people. I see lots of people just like that every day (I'm in NE Ohio). Other than the absolute mess of that one property, there's nothing at all about them or their lifestyle that seems unusual.

Some of those out-buildings in the back look like livestock pens and coops. @TheMorningStar , meth is possible and a real problem here in rural Ohio; it's a fast way to make a lot of money. We had a meth house less than a mile from us and the people living and making meth there at the time looked the part. But those murdered look healthy and unlikely user-types. Not impossible, maybe, who knows. :shrug:

Deceased Hannah Hazel Gilley and Frankie Rhoden:
Hannah-Hazel-Gilley-and-Frankie-Rhoden.jpg

I think it's going to be a set of crazies who had a deep grudge against the family.

The four different crime scenes where the execution style murders occurred points to an individual(s) who knew the family well or the family under threat gave up the other location of family members. When something like this happens you frequently find money, drugs, or both involved. To shoot a mother who was in bed next to her four day old infant is as cold as it gets.

Thanks @Snoods

[doublepost=1461431076,1461429862][/doublepost]By WLWT Digital Staff
Rhoden family asks for respect, information on Pike County slayings
Many interviewed in Chillicothe, authorities say

http://www.wlwt.com/news/multiple-fatalities-reported-at-pike-county-home/39162210

Investigators have interviewed dozens of people in a frantic search for one or several shooters responsible for the death of eight family members in Pike County, Ohio, on Friday.

The victims, seven adults and a 16-year-old boy, were found dead at four homes along Union Hill Road, prompting authorities to believe they might be chasing three or more shooters.

Authorities have interviewed more than 30 people at this time and will talk to more of them as the investigation continues, Attorney General Mike DeWine said during a news conference Friday evening.

'We will continue until the case is solved. We do not know whether we're talking about one individual or two or three or more,' DeWine added.

Authorities are reportedly investigating four crime scenes at homes along Union Hill Road in Pike County, including the one above

He said no person of interest had been apprehended at this time and that investigators were looking at different theories.

The dead have been identified as members of the Rhoden family of Piketon. Authorities spoke to 100 of their relatives and friends gathered at a church.

They believe the killers target the family specifically and DeWine said there was no indication of a threat towards the rest of the community.

However Sheriff Charles Reader said: 'There is a threat and I believe that threat to be armed and dangerous.'

The rest of the family has been in touch with the sheriff's office for their protection.
[…]
There were no indications that any of the dead had killed themselves, DeWine said.

'We have a murder - or murderers - who have done this,' he added.

Thirty officers have been dispatched, including 13 road deputies, Reader said. The FBI remains available and has not been involved directly at this time.

Reader wouldn't say where the three surviving children were taken on Friday.
LINK

The four different crime scenes where the execution style murders occurred points to an individual(s) who knew the family well or the family under threat gave up the other location of family members. When something like this happens you frequently find money, drugs, or both involved. To shoot a mother who was in bed next to her four day old infant is as cold as it gets.

Thanks @Snoods

[doublepost=1461431076,1461429862][/doublepost]By WLWT Digital Staff
Rhoden family asks for respect, information on Pike County slayings
Many interviewed in Chillicothe, authorities say

http://www.wlwt.com/news/multiple-fatalities-reported-at-pike-county-home/39162210

I have a few of the others FB pages but didn't know if I should post them. I linked Frankie's because of the information gleaned from it.

Frankie Rhoden (Dana's son): https://www.facebook.com/frankie.rhoden.7

Here is my theory, which I believe could be a possible motive.

Fact: Frankie Rhoden is all about cockfighting. Under "sports" on Frankie Rhoden's FB he has a picture of a fighting gamecock which links to a cockfighting website. His "likes" include a fighting cock for sale, page after page of gamecock supplies and supplements, cockfighting magazines, and so many pages dedicated to buying and selling gamecocks I quit counting. I also randomly checked out only 5 of his FB friends and 3 of them were proud gamecock fighters. One page he friended is Cockfighters against PETA. Additionally, his cousin he was close to has pictures of fighting gamecocks which he is openly selling on FB. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that cockfighting may be involved.

Fact: The relative who discovered the bodies went to Union Street to feed the "chickens" and dogs.

Speculation: I started snooping because I suspected this may be a possibility when I saw the aerial pictures of the place with the long windowless building. I also noticed all those little teepee shelters that look like ones used to shelter gamecocks. Very remote location, shacks for hens and breeding, and that long building.

This is an example of what the shelters can look like. The roosters are kept tethered to it with one leg.
2qn1c9g.jpg

Several teepee rows to the left of the mobile home.
10yjkoz.jpg

Notice the little teepees behind the windowless building? And in front of the barn there are three, one on it's side. They are a different type which is a bit more rounded on the top.
6ss01k.jpg

Motive could be gambling debts, jealousy, not dealing with the most savory type people.

Last edited:
Motive could be gambling debts, jealousy, not dealing with the most savory type people.

That's a very interesting theory and sounds quite plausible to me! The thought that this guy was way into cockfighting is so depressing to me. I worked at HSUS for years and learned more than I ever needed to know about cockfights and other forms of animal torture. It's depressing to think that this father of two may have been exposing his little kids to this vileness.

That's a very interesting theory and sounds quite plausible to me! The thought that this guy was way into cockfighting is so depressing to me. I worked at HSUS for years and learned more than I ever needed to know about cockfights and other forms of animal torture. It's depressing to think that this father of two may have been exposing his little kids to this vileness.

(Edit) I work at a shelter and understand your pain. Cockfighting is a disgustingly brutal and cruel "sport." I really don't understand how they can be so open about it online.

Last edited:
Back