• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2s6vbrc.jpg
4hvam1.jpg

David Arthur Sr & Deborah Arthur​
A 33-year-old man’s death was reported to Erie County law enforcement on Sunday by his father and step-mother, but a few days later the couple was arrested and charged with his death.
David Arthur Jr. lived in an old farm-house
[...]
in Groton Township with David Arthur Sr., 54, and Deborah Arthur, 46.

Sheriff Paul Sigsworth said the condition of David Jr.’s body was one of the “worst cases of neglect” he’d ever seen.
[...]
Lucas County Coroner’s Office, the body showed signs of horrific neglect including but not limited to sepsis and multiple deep sores and ulcers down to the bone on much of his body.
[...]
reported a deep impression in the bed indicating that he had not moved in a very long time.

David Jr. was also severely malnourished, weighing only 94 pounds. The last time his weight was recorded was in 2011 while staying at a nursing home. At that time, he was healthy, alert and weighed 300 pounds.
[....]

David Jr. went to live with his father in February 2011, and his step-mom who is an LPN was supposed to care for him.

David Jr. had been in a motor vehicle accident in 1999 and suffered a brain injury, but witnesses said he was otherwise healthy and able to function while on medications at the nursing home.

For an unknown reason,
[...]
he had not seen a doctor since moving in with his father and step-mom.

Deborah and David Sr. have both been charged with involuntary manslaughter and failure to provide for a functionally impaired person.

They are being held without bond at the Erie County Jail in Sandusky and will be arraigned Friday morning.
http://fox8.com/2014/06/19/severely-neglected-disabled-man-found-dead-in-fathers-home/?hpt=ju_bn2

A disabled 33-year-old man found dead at his father’s home was covered in bedsores, malnourished and had bones sticking through his skin, said authorities who accused his father and stepmother of severe medical neglect.
[...]
it appeared that David Arthur Jr., who was unable to walk, had been lying in the same spot in his bed for months.

Arthur’s father and his stepmother, who is employed as a home-health-care aide, were charged
[...]
They do not have an attorney yet.

David Arthur Sr. and his wife, Deborah Arthur, were arrested
[...]
three days after a deputy discovered the gruesome death, said Erie County Sheriff Paul Sigsworth.

“This is just a sad, sad case,”
[...]
He was doing well in the nursing home, where he received around-the-clock care,
[...]
But his weight dropped from 300 pounds to less than 100 in the past three years at home,
[...]
He also had not seen a doctor since about the time he left the nursing home
[...]
Deborah Arthur, 46 called the sheriff’s office on Sunday to report that Arthur Jr. had died at their home near Castalia
[...]
Family memberstold investigators they were feeding him regularly and changing him, but his condition showed he had been neglected
[...]
The sheriff also said family members told him that Deborah Arthur, who worked outside the home as a health aide, was the primary caregiver for Arthur Jr. She told deputies that if he had been one of her patients at work, she would have reported the situation to a supervisor
[...]
“His condition wasn’t reported to any medical professional as far as we can find,
[...]
Arthur Sr., 54, told investigators he was aware of his son’s condition but said his wife was in charge of the care.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/06/20/parents-charged-in-disabled-mans-death.html

Ulcers down to the bone?!!! A deep impression in the bed where David had been left in the same spot for months...And she was a health care aide. Then you have David Snr saying it was her job to care for him - that he noticed but didn't do anything to help his son.

This is just sickening...Poor David. I wonder why he left the home and was with them in the first place.

How someone can carry on daily life and just ignore the suffering of a vulnerable adult, child or animal that they are responsible for is beyond me.

Grrr - crimes against those that can't help themselves really drive me insane!!! What a terrible amount of pain this poor fellow must have been in. Sad. I wonder if there was ever a time someone was visiting the house - did they see anything??

And how the hell can the father NOT say anything when he's watching his son waste away and writhe in pain.

Ulcers down to the bone?!!! A deep impression in the bed where David had been left in the same spot for months...And she was a health care aide. Then you have David Snr saying it was her job to care for him - that he noticed but didn't do anything to help his son.

This is just sickening...Poor David. I wonder why he left the home and was with them in the first place.

How someone can carry on daily life and just ignore the suffering of a vulnerable adult, child or animal that they are responsible for is beyond me.
MONEY!! They were probably paid to care for him, either by the state or insurance from the accident

Im a geriatrics nurse I have looked after people like this man
but I have all alzheimers patients now
even now with the ones I have
you HAVE to turn them
2 hours can cause a bedsore on some depending on their skin
satiny skin elderly have makes them easier to form
But doesnt sound like he was getting half the care he needed or deserved

they look pretty skeevy....look like some of the sad shits that live here at the apartment complex
im sure they are guilty as shit

i think they called as soon as he died...probably figured with his accident they would just assume his death was natural....

The father's comment really ticked me off. How could he listen to his son moaning in pain (and you know he had to be moaning!) and not step in to do something about it?!? It's his own flesh and blood, for God's sake! Disgusting people.

Acarson, did you know David?

Devil, not just the moaning, but the smell of the sepsis must have permeated every room of the house. Did his worthless father even go in the room, or was the poor bastard just staring at the walls alone the last three years?

There are some states that will pay a stipend to a relative caregiver. It's cheaper than institutional care, and most folks do better in home surroundings, but this is one of those cases that calls for oversight on these arrangements. If you're going to be paid, a nurse will make unannounced visits. If a nurse had visited even twice a year, he would never have reached this condition.

Man, Fuck that. I'm 6ft and 210. I can't imagine being 94 lbs. Surely my skeleton weighs about, what, 40lb. David's s surely that much.
Hang these asshole.

Indeed I did. David was my brother. Half brother. That monster is not my father though.

The story is fifteen fucked up years long. I moved out of state when David was still in the nursing home. I hadn't known he has been released back to them until I got the phone call that he passed. I got in my car and drove 21 hours straight and arrived an hour before his funeral.

David was kept from us. Is the extremely simplified version of why he was with them and not with me, our mother, or our brother.

Man, Fuck that. I'm 6ft and 210. I can't imagine being 94 lbs. Surely my skeleton weighs about, what, 40lb. David's s surely that much.
Hang these asshole.

Yeah exactly. I didn't think things like this were real. Or that it would ever happen to someone I knew-- and especially not a family member. This has been such a horrifying nightmare.

Please accept my condolences on the death of your brother.

Now we all need to make sure this gruesome twosome spend the rest of their shitty little lives in prison.

Words can't adequately express how deeply sorry I am for your loss...you & those who love and cared about David will be in my prayers.

Devil, not just the moaning, but the smell of the sepsis must have permeated every room of the house. Did his worthless father even go in the room, or was the poor bastard just staring at the walls alone the last three years?

There are some states that will pay a stipend to a relative caregiver. It's cheaper than institutional care, and most folks do better in home surroundings, but this is one of those cases that calls for oversight on these arrangements. If you're going to be paid, a nurse will make unannounced visits. If a nurse had visited even twice a year, he would never have reached this condition.

My other half brother (David's full brother) was the only way we could find anything out about how he was doing. He last saw him over Christmas. David had been the same weight he was several months before when our brother had last visited. He was skinny but not sickly skinny. And didn't appear to be still losing weight. Nor did he have any bed sores or anything that indicated that he was about to be left in his room to die.

Please accept my condolences on the death of your brother.

Now we all need to make sure this gruesome twosome spend the rest of their shitty little lives in prison.

Thats what we hope for, although prison seems too easy for such a terrible, disgusting nightmare. One phone call could have prevented this.

This is a speculation and not in any way factual but-- we are waiting to see if some kind of life insurance policy was involved. Time will tell, but money has always appeared to be the primary interest rather than the well being of my brother.

Thats what we hope for, although prison seems too easy for such a terrible, disgusting nightmare. One phone call could have prevented this.

This is a speculation and not in any way factual but-- we are waiting to see if some kind of life insurance policy was involved. Time will tell, but money has always appeared to be the primary interest rather than the well being of my brother.
I'm truly sorry for your loss. He did not deserve to die this way. May he RIP and may justice be served, soon!

Yeah exactly. I didn't think things like this were real. Or that it would ever happen to someone I knew-- and especially not a family member. This has been such a horrifying nightmare.
Oh, shit. He's your brother? I don't even know what to say.
So. Will you be attending the hearings?
Gods. I cannot imagine what you are going through.

Also there is a page for donations to help out with the funeral expenses. I'm Only gonna put it up for the simple fact that if I don't ask, there's 100% guarantee that we won't get any help. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

http://www.gofundme.com/aksxuk

Oh, shit. He's your brother? I don't even know what to say.
So. Will you be attending the hearings?
Gods. I cannot imagine what you are going through.
Yes I am his sister. And I will make every effort to be at the hearings. It's hard because there's 1100 miles between me and my family--- prelim trial is weds. I unfortunately can't be there for that without ruining someone's wedding day (I'm a caterer) but I will support them the best I can through this whole mess.

Yes I am his sister. And I will make every effort to be at the hearings. It's hard because there's 1100 miles between me and my family--- prelim trial is weds. I unfortunately can't be there for that without ruining someone's wedding day (I'm a caterer) but I will support them the best I can through this whole mess.
@Acarson767

I am so sorry.

Is that you and David in your avi?

Back