• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

GirouxFilms

W4JHeBt.jpg

Zhang Qi, 24, has allegedly been kept here for years by her parents (Picture: CEN)

A young woman was locked up in a derelict house for six years after her parents said they didn’t approve of her boyfriend and forced them to break up, it has been claimed.

Police are investigating claims that 24-year-old Zhang Qi tried to run away several times from her home in the village of Jingang in central China’s Hubei province before she was thrown into an abandoned building and left to fend for herself.

It is alleged her parents made her dump her boyfriend in 2009.

Pictures have emerged of the squalid conditions believed to have been taken by a villager.

fdRs3LW.jpg

The squalid conditions exposed by a villager (Picture: CEN)

Chow Jen, 50, said: ‘Her parents are powerful people here and everyone was told not to interfere.

‘Everyone knew about the girl in the house. I moved away and only come back to visit occasionally so I don’t care about their threats.’

He added he was ‘happy to expose these pictures online after the local authorities refused to do anything’.

Police have yet to comment on the case.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/25/daugh...isapproved-of-boyfriend-5078105/?ito=facebook

Im not quite sure why the parents would resort to punishing their daughter as opposed to doing something about the boy if they really were so 'powerful.'
Because she shamed them by dating someone who was an embarrassment. In some Asian cultures having a daughter alone is shameful, then to have a daughter do something to "embarrass" them would just set them off.

Because she shamed them by dating someone who was an embarrassment. In some Asian cultures having a daughter alone is shameful, then to have a daughter do something to "embarrass" them would just set them off.
I REALLY hate to say this.. I don't know if it is a blessing or not that she was just not permanently eliminated the way most female problems are.. people would have done the same thing 'not interfered'.. :(

This poor girl!
Gods! I would have taken her away! Far away from her parents!
I don't care how "powerful" they are. I would straight up burn down their life

I wonder how strong their shame is now???
I'd be willing to bet that they don't give a shit. That they feel no shame over what they did to her, if they cared then they wouldn't have done it in the first place and certainly wouldn't have let it go on for 6 years.

I suspect now that it has gone beyond their control, and the world knows, they're feeling shame now. Damn, I hope they are... :(
See now I figure that they keep company with "like-minded" assholes who think nothing is wrong with what they did to her. And I see them as uncaring as to what they rest of us think of them or even thinking that our opinions are wrong. But I certainly agree that I hope they feel a tremendous amount of shame and guilt.

QUOTE: Maybe he was poor, or of a lower socioeconomic class......

Maybe this was one of those cultures that in order to be married a dowry of some type has to be offered and his family didn't have anything to offer. Some cultures think if you have even something to offer, simple as westerns sees it, as a pig or a goat then you are very well off and only then approve of their marriage. I hate to think her life would be worth so little to them. I would be the villager that would get in to trouble trying to help her escape. I couldn't do nothing and live with myself knowing she's living like that no matter how powerful her parents are.

The building doesn't look very secure - that one bricked window is open at the top. It's a wonder she never escaped over the years.

The building doesn't look very secure - that one bricked window is open at the top. It's a wonder she never escaped over the years.
Fear and control. She was 18 when they forced her to end the relationship, can you imagine forcing an 18 year old to do anything? They had to have her under complete control, I'm guessing through fear and intimidation to do that.

That was my question @JackBurton. I mean obviously they have cultural options and power. With their culture what were the options for the mentally ill? @joey sorry you disliked the post it was based on culture and empathy. This young woman would be in the same spot or dead if it were not for this person. How many more young ladys that are just like her we don't know about. Women are already treated like shit there.

sorry you disliked the post it was based on culture and empathy.
I believe the particular poster you directed this part to simply trolls through the forums and "dislikes" comments and never contributes. Like an invisible troll or something.:shrug:

Back