• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ms.D

ericmineraultfull.jpg

Eric Minerault

"...Arizona man wearing a pentagram necklace and calling himself the “Dark Lord” was arrested yesterday after allegedly after setting fire to a Bible and then urinating on it outside of a rescue mission.."

"Eric Minerault, 22, standing on the mission’s steps. “He was dressed in black and was wearing a long, black and red robe and a pentagram necklace,” ....The officers noticed a Bible, which was wet and appeared to have been burnt, on the ground.."

"Asked why he defiled the Bible, Minerault explained that he was the “Dark Lord.”...."Charged with unlawful symbol burning, Minerault was booked into the Yavapai County Detention Center on the misdemeanor charge"

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/caped-man-burns-Bible-687342

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I'm not saying this guy isn't a total weirdo, but I think you should be allowed to burn a Bible if you want to. I have more of a problem with him peeing on it, because gross, who wants to see a puddle of someone else's pee?

I mean, I'm not saying this guy isn't a total weirdo, but I think you should be allowed to burn a Bible if you want to. I have more of a problem with him peeing on it, because gross, who wants to see a puddle of someone else's pee?
If you do it at home, and then keep it. if you put it on someones doorstep and pee on it, its a threat...or at least really icky.

I agree. I read this hoping they arrested him for public urination or something like that.

If he's into the religion and not just doing it for shock value, could be he's just following a regular trad, or initiate trad which involves "defacating" on the bible, and decided to pee instead. I dunno, but I agree re: what all his charged are.

Edit: It does make you wonder if they're just rolling him...

Last edited:
Well, that's something you don't see every day:jawdrop:! He's takin' this goth-emo shit too far:meh:, and hitch up the damn pants:yuck:. I don't want to see his goodie trail:eek:. I bet he'd be pisser to hang out with though:D+:cool:! Unless he's taking the Dark Side too seriously:rolleyes:, and offers you fava beans and a nice Chianti:nailbiting:. Toasted post:p! Remember to give me "awesomes" :)and send money:greedy:. I WHINE:pout:! Oh yeah, I want to encourage y'all to watch Quick Draw on hulu if you possibly can:woot:. mr cb and I are laughing our asses off:crack:; (right now, everything is funny).;) It's snarky and funny; if it makes mr cb laugh out loud, it'll make you wet your pants! I beter quit posting.;)

I sure hope he's schizophrenic because there is absolutely no excuse for being an emo-devil prince of darkness weirdo at his age unless there is something seriously wrong with you. It's time to grow-up and get a job you little freak-show.

Amateur... all the Satanists I know wear suits....nice ones! They don't hang out at the mission either, they wouldn't fit in with their Audi's anyway.

Is this for fucking real? It's a crime to burn the bible? Are you fucking kidding me?

What a load of shit.

I figured he was charged with trespassing or indecent exposure or public urination or something like that. But burning a symbol?

Guess i shouldn't be surprised though. This is a state that passed laws allowing any and all forms of discrimination.

What's the difference between lawful and unlawful symbol burning? Is it the way in which he chose to do it that's the problem? Surely burning a bible could be argued as a form of expression, protected by the first amendment, like burning a flag.

What a load of horseshit.

Last edited:
I figured he was charged with trespassing or indecent exposure or public urination or something like that. But burning a symbol?

The rescue mission would have to have him first cited with trespassing, where the cop would only be able to issue a written warning. Only if he came back could he be charged with trespassing, because it's not private property. Indecent exposure - to who? Who saw him actually do it? Public urination - he could have been saving it up in his water bottle for emergencies. :wtf:(See B rated movie Thirst.)

Yeah, burning a symbol is a very weak charge. He will probably have to do community service... at the rescue mission. :sarcasm:

What a loser.

ej7os7.jpg

*shudder*

[...]
He told police he burned and then relieved himself on the Bible and chose the mission because he believed it was a place of Christian worship and was "cursing the Christians," according to the report.

When asked why, he replied simply because he is the "Dark Lord," according to the report.
[...]

Link

What's the difference between lawful and unlawful symbol burning? Is it the way in which he chose to do it that's the problem?

13-1708. Unlawful symbol burning; classification
A. It is unlawful for a person to burn or cause to be burned any symbol not addressed by section 13-1707 on the property of another person without that person’s permission or on a highway or any other public place with the intent to intimidate any person or group of persons. The intent to intimidate may not be inferred solely from the act of burning the symbol, but shall be proven by independent evidence.
B. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.

http://www.arizonacrimelaws.com/13_1707.htm

A. It is unlawful for a person to burn or cause to be burned any symbol not addressed by section 13-1707 on the property of another person without that person’s permission or on a highway or any other public place with the intent to intimidate any person or group of persons. The intent to intimidate may not be inferred solely from the act of burning the symbol, but shall be proven by independent evidence.

Am I the only one who sees burning crosses and white-clad figures when they read this?

If it has to be intimidating for the charges to stick, I am thinking they will not in the case described above.

Well okay then, makes sense. It's really more of an anti-intimidation/threat law then merely an issue of, "you destroyed something you shouldn't have!". Good to know.

I still hate Arizona though.

If he would have burned the bible in a barbeque pit in a public park, no biggie.
I do not agree, but suppressing free speech is NOT part of the deal.
Now, the peeing part, if any child was around; that should be a sexual indecency to a child charge!
If no child is found, then only indecent exposure and illegal bio-hazard dumping will have to do.
Say, does bio-hazard dumping fall under the patriot act yet?:sarcasm:
Terror threat or some such thing?
Ya think "Crazy Eyes" is an attention whore?
Apologies to the oldest profession.

ej7os7.jpg

Ok, shave the head and he would look like the younger brother in American History X

Sheesh, go from White supremacist to satanist? Well ok, whatever float your boat love.

No but seriously, I do get the whole freedom of expression, but this was definitely meant more as a intimidation tactic.

ej7os7.jpg

Ok, shave the head and he would look like the younger brother in American History X

Sheesh, go from White supremacist to satanist? Well ok, whatever float your boat love.

No but seriously, I do get the whole freedom of expression, but this was definitely meant more as a intimidation tactic.
YES!! He totally looks like him!(Edward Furlong). Love American History X...gotta watch it now.

On the one hand, I see typical attention seeking troubled youth. There's nothing unusual about having an occult phase during adolescence or the early 20's. On the other hand, when I look at that mug, his face keeps morphing into Richard (Nightstalker) Ramirez.

Back