• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
I found this story today. It's 2 months old now, but I think it's worth a mention. I did some searches to make sure I wasn't double posting, and found this thread which covers another Dark Justice catch.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...g-a-blanket-alcohol-and-contraceptives.79415/

A pervert collapsed on camera when he turned up to meet a 14-year-old girl he had been grooming online - but was instead confronted by a vigilante group.

David Hanson, 45, from Benwell, Newcastle, passed out when he realised that the girl he believed he had been communicating with was in fact online paedophile hunters Dark Justice.

Hanson - who has since lost his job and his home - had been exchanging explicit messages in the days before the meeting, which he attended with a rucksack containing a toothbrush, toothpaste and condoms.

Newcastle Crown Court was told by prosecutor Anne Richardson how Hanson contacted the fake profile of an 18-year-old girl called Amanda set up by Dark Justice on dating website Badoo.

Judge Sloan told him: ‘It seems you have lived a lonely, isolated existence since that time. You have lost everything including your job and your home. It's clear you are ashamed.’

Judge Sloan sentenced Hanson to a three-year community order and he was also given a ten-year sexual harm prevention order.

Speaking after an earlier hearing, a Dark Justice member said: ‘His eyes rolled back and he just went straight to the ground.

‘We confronted him in the same way we do all our cases, there's no aggression or anything.

‘We just revealed who we were and he passed out. We prepare ourselves for all sorts of outcomes at these meetings but we certainly weren't expecting that.’

But an NSPCC spokesman said: ‘Whilst we understand there are groups who want to stop offenders committing these vile acts, tracking down sex offenders must be left to the proper authorities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hought-d-grooming-internet.html#ixzz4AJ6ohD7F

Two faced?

apicly.jpg

The day he was confronted.

2hnoz06.jpg

I assume this pic was taken the day of his court appearance.

15d4bkj.jpg

A sample of the message exchange.

I kinda feel bad for him. I bet he regrets it badly. It cost him his job, home, and everything including his dignity.
He had no dignity in the first place.

The only thing his ass regrets, is getting caught.

No sympathy is deserved.

OOOhh just Gross. I'm glad he was caught. He should have thought about all that dignity and his job such before he went and tried molesting a child. He's totally capable of planning so he's capable of thinking ahead.

I see about the 14 year old girl but why did he get in trouble for contacting the girl with the 18 year old profile?

Well atleast he's caught

Nasty fucker

So Hanson got caught To Catch A Predator style, eh? That made me chuckle.
[doublepost=1464789243,1464789212][/doublepost]Yes, I know it's Hansen, but still...

I am made most uncomfortable by these vigilante groups, though. I mean, what kind of oversight or procedural structure do that have? Do we know entrapment is never used? The article does reference a fake 18-year-old profile. Do they use those to draw men, and then "admit" to the men that they're actually 14 or something? Because that's entrapment, as far as I'm concerned.

I am made most uncomfortable by these vigilante groups, though. I mean, what kind of oversight or procedural structure do that have? Do we know entrapment is never used? The article does reference a fake 18-year-old profile. Do they use those to draw men, and then "admit" to the men that they're actually 14 or something? Because that's entrapment, as far as I'm concerned.

That is exactly what the article says. They "admit" the younger age.

They throw a bait. Whether from intel or just fishing, I don't know.

ETA. Seems I cut that tidbit from my quote. I shall adjust it.
[doublepost=1464790926,1464790158][/doublepost]From the OP article.

On July 17 last year Dark Justice got a notification that Amanda had received a message from Hanson, who had boasted about having a job as a football referee and said that killer Raoul Moat was his ‘hero’.

Miss Richardson said how the vigilante group had replied as Amanda and told Hanson she had lied about her age and was 14 years old.

Hanson exchanged mobile numbers with Amanda so they could communicate on What's App, and between July 18 to 21, there were 750 messages passed between them.

: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hought-d-grooming-internet.html#ixzz4AKzV33S2

Yeah. That's potentially very uncool. If they "admit" IMMEDIATELY, it's less sketchy. But, I'm betting they allow some connection to take place first. And that's bullshit.

Yeah. That's potentially very uncool. If they "admit" IMMEDIATELY, it's less sketchy. But, I'm betting they allow some connection to take place first. And that's bullshit.
They kind of have to do the 18 thing in the profile due to restrictions on those sites.
I agree its dancing on the edge of entrapment. I am guessing that they have cameras rolling when they do the "reveal" to the pedo, in the hopes of recording a confession. Although I don't know what weight the recording would have in this day and age, where anybody can edit/alter recordings with ease.

Between July 18-21 they exchanged 750 messages?! How do people manage that?
I realize a message could just be an emoji or single word, still ridiculous.
I send two text messages a week!

wow the way he talks is hilarious
"You like hairy man chest"
...no im only into "hairy woman chest"
:sarcasm:
:YOW:

I don't get the problem. Soon as a dude finds out the person is underrage, they should cut off contact. Sounds like these fuckers don't. Why the fuss?

Im pretty sure this alphamale genius would fuck a tree if i cut a hole and drew a smiley face on the trunk.
.... and say im only 12 and made replies like "me like man, you take me now"
...... said "hole would be full of thorns"
"Because me t.HORNY"

Yeah I'm pretty uncomfortable about these groups, too.
For me, it's the creepiness of a bunch of men spending a ridiculous amount of time online trying to "stop these monsters" -- according to them, anyway. I submit that most... okay at least some... of them are doing it for one reason only: They like it. They do. They enjoy the conversations, the sex talk, hearing all the gory details, and then being the big hero at the end.

When I think of.... Okay, like the things that really bother me are things I can't stand hearing about, things I distance myself from; not because I don't care, but because I do. Pedophiles, cruelty/abuse of animals are two that I definitely can feel sick about when I've spent too much time reading about them or seeing victim's pictures, etc. There is NO WAY these guys are 100%, all of them, doing this for the betterment of mankind (or whatever they claim... it'll be something like that.)

I don't mean to take away from those hired or appointed to task forces to find these guys and name them for punishment -- those guys are heroes, and I wish them luck and godspeed always. But the ones who "volunteer" (and sometimes wind up having the case thrown out, which is even worse -- the guy will now be more careful!) -- just seems (and again, it's just my opinion) off to me.
I was unfortunate enough to see a few seconds of (horror, to me) a video clip of -- it was something they were doing to kittens. And I'm telling you, I so often wish I'd never seen that, never even heard it was possible.... I can't even say what they were using them for, like typing it will make it so. It bothered me that much (hell, it's bothering me now, still, and it's been months since I saw that clip...)
And as much as I'd like to clip the balls of every person in that video who stood by and/or participated in this horrific abuse, there's just no way I could stand to be close enough to it to do anything effective... know what I mean? I couldn't stand hearing people planning it, talking about it, I just tried to pretend I'd never heard of it (and then it goes away, see!?) I did care, I swear I did and I do, but I can't have it as a focus or even a part of my life, because it kind of fucks up my mind... it definitely clouds an otherwise clear day, fact. My point is: How does one surround himself with that which he truly hates, finds appalling and all as they say, yet surround himself in it, not because it's his job, but because --?
You know, maybe they are all just awesome citizens and upright dudes and if they are then that kinda makes me suck for saying this. But I'll say it anyway, because I think I'm right.

So... yeah. Applying that logic to what these guys voluntarily do? I absolutely do not believe that at least some of them are doing it for personal gratification purposes. And when (if, more like it) a good arrest is made, and they look all "I got him! Look at me!" I'm always thinking "This guy's enjoying this WAY too much..."
Just something I've always thought, not sure if anyone else ever got that vibe or not, but damn, it's strong with some of those "vigilantes" ... my opinion, anyway.

I struggle to understand how these old creeps can possibly think that a 12, 13, 14, 15... whatever year-old... would ever find them attractive in the first place. Wouldn't you think they'd stop and go, "Hmmmm, maybe this is a trap? Because I doubt miss cute little Suzy Q here is truly into white haired, wrinkled, hairy chested old men who can barely even churn out a 5 word text without sounding like an ape."

Just a fucking bizarre train of thought in my opinion.

Why? Because it's just so hard to act like an adult and not chase underage tail when you find out how young they are? That's the bullshit. He's in his 40s, they exchanged text messages for like 4 days before they met up, he immediately knew his target was not only a young teen but completely inexperienced. They didn't slowly build a connection over months. This is a clear case of a predator who got caught in time.

<snip> There is NO WAY these guys are 100%, all of them, doing this for the betterment of mankind (or whatever they claim... it'll be something like that.)

<snip> And I'm telling you, I so often wish I'd never seen that, never even heard it was possible. <snip>
So... yeah. Applying that logic to what these guys voluntarily do? I absolutely do not believe that at least some of them are doing it for personal gratification purposes. And when (if, more like it) a good arrest is made, and they look all "I got him! Look at me!"

I'm not quite sure that it matters to me why they are doing it, so long as their behavior is acceptable and effective. I snipped your post, but you make a big deal about how the people who do this as part of their job are heroes, but that volunteering to do it is somehow weird or unacceptable.

Do you think there's something off about volunteer firefighters? Police? CASA workers? Because all of them voluntarily see, hear, and experience horrific things that most of us are unable to handle. As do the paid workers - there's nothing magical about being paid that marks a difference between a hero and someone doing it for kicks or nefarious reasons. Most people in these jobs, paid or volunteer, have a complex mix of motives. Very few of them are doing it only for the "betterment of mankind."

I do think that vigilantism can be troubling, but Dark Justice seems to be doing it right. They gather evidence and then turn it over to the police. They make no attempt to mete out punishment.

Back