• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
110w3ys.jpg

Danielle Marie Green was charged with murdering her ex-husband, Raymond Green​

An Indiana woman shot her ex-husband 10 times and then left his body to rot in a padlocked metal box on their rural property before it was found by police
[...]
Danielle Marie Green, 42, was arrested on murder charges Tuesday after Indiana State Police officers noticed a strange smell and saw flies swarming around a large metal box on her farm in Rising Sun, some 50 miles southwest of Cincinnati
[...]
Authorities showed up to the southeast Indiana farm after a missing persons report was filed on Green's ex, Raymond Green, on May 28,
[...]

Danielle Green initially told cops she hadn't seen Raymond since May 26, when he'd gotten into a scrap with her dog at the home,
[..]
She also refused to open the box, saying it belonged to Raymond and she didn't want to be responsible for what was in there,
[...]
The officers later obtained a search warrant and cracked open the box, finding the truck driver's bullet-riddled corpse inside.

Green later told police she killed her ex in self-defense, plugging his body with 10 rounds from a .38-caliber handgun after he threatened to kill her and lunged at her.
During a fight in their bedroom, Green shot him five times, reloaded the gun and fired five more shots,
[...]
The next day, May 27, Green called her truck driving ex's boss to say he'd been killed in a freak accident involving her German shepherd,
[...]
The trailer where she lived reeked of bleach on the day police arrived at the property,
[..]
A search of her cell phone suggested Green may have planned the brutal killing,
[....]
In the weeks before, she'd Googled whether shooting someone in the head with a .38 caliber would be "lights out or possibly survive" and the phrase "38 gunshot going straight thru person's head," the newspaper reported.
Green was charged with murder Tuesday and was being held without bond at the Switzerland County Jail
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...cked-box-cops-article-1.1816994#ixzz33jJhjRji

[...]
Danielle Marie Green, 42, gave Indiana State Police permission to search everything on the couple's Rising Sun farm - except the large, metal box secured with a padlock- when detectives arrived to investigate a suspicious missing person's complaint filed on Raymond Green on May 28.
[...]
That immediately raised suspicions, ones that were heightened when Detective Peter Tressler saw flies gathered on and around the box. He also smelled decay,
[...]
Danielle Green said the box belonged to her ex-husband and "she did not want to be responsible for the ramifications of what may be in the box,"
[...]
Investigators got a search warrant and found the truck driver's body.
[...]
She initially told investigators she hadn't seen her ex-husband since he got into an altercation with her dog May 26, even though his over-the-road truck and personal white pickup truck were in the driveway near her mobile home.

Then investigators learned she had called her ex-husband's boss on May 27 and told him Raymond Green had died as a result of a fatal accident over the weekend. She called the boss back later that day and elaborated, claiming he was killed by her German shepherd.

Once detectives found her ex-husband's body in the box, Danielle Green said she shot him in self-defense.
[...]
she said she found a .38 caliber handgun on the nightstand and emptied its five rounds into her ex-husband's head when he told her: "I am going to kill you. You need to die" and lunged at her.

Green told investigators she went to the opposite end of the trailer and reloaded the handgun.

When she returned to the bedroom, Raymond Green was on the edge of the bed, telling her: "You need to die. Not me,"
[...]
She said that he lunged at her again, so she shot five more times. He fell to the floor.

Green said she put the body in the silver box and cut out the carpet where he fell.

Detectives noticed the smell of bleach in the trailer. The items used to clean were also placed in the box with the body.

"She stated that she locked the box because she was in fear for her life,"
[...]
When authorities examined internet searches on her cell phone, they found ones conducted in March about bullets, head shots and the phrases "If you shot someone with a .38 caliber handgun in the head is it lights out or possibly survive" and ".38 gunshot going straight thru person's head," the sworn statement reads.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-ex-husband-10-times-hit-body-in-box/9946767/

Ehhhh, I know exactly where this is. Well, not exactly where the box is, but I've been to Rising Sun many a time.
There were a TON of places to hide this box. Shit, she could have driven it to the river.

Ehhhh, I know exactly where this is. Well, not exactly where the box is, but I've been to Rising Sun many a time.
There were a TON of places to hide this box. Shit, she could have driven it to the river.

Not that I'm making in plans but there are so many abandoned properties across the U.S. why would she keep it on her own property?
Abandoned well, Abandoned septic tank, basement of an abandoned house. But not a metal box on your own property and then tell the cops "You can search any where but there, Not that metal box right there thats stinks of rotting flesh... Nope, can't look there."

Plus, the search on her phone... Dumb, Just dumb.

Between her internet searches to learn if multiple head shots will kill a person and her padlocking his dead body in a trunk because she was in fear of her life, I must conclude her husband was a vampire. Or werewolf. Depending on what team she was on.

Judge James D. Humphrey set the trial for October 14. A final pretrial hearing was scheduled for September 19. The trial could still be delayed if prosecutors or Green requests it.

Green allegedly shot her ex-husband, Raymond Green, 62, to death with a .38 caliber handgun at her Hartford Pike mobile home on May 26. Indiana State Police investigators say Danielle Green told them she fired five shots at Raymond in her bedroom then went to the other end of the trailer to reload the weapon.

She allegedly claimed that when she returned to the bedroom, her ex stated “You need to die. Not me” then lunged at her, forcing her to shoot him five more times in the head.
http://eaglecountryonline.com/local-article/october-trial-date-woman-accused-murdering-ex-husband/

Her whole defense is just ick. "I shot him five times and then shot him five more times -- but he lunged at me!" Nope. Sorry. Even if he DID lunge at you, that's like eight more bullets than necessary.

hey me and my hubby go to the gambling boat in rising sun all the time. this is the first time i read this story must have missed it. Rising Sun is a cute little town.

Maybe this is a dumb question but why whas her ex-husband in her bedroom in the first place?

I have ex-husbands and I didn't even want their asses in my bedroom when they were husbands let alone now that they're exes.

My opinion is she left him in the metal box on her property...cuz once he was loaded into it...she couldn't move the dead weight alone to load it up...didn't know how to...was scared to ask anyone for help and draw attention to her and the dead ex in the box. I'm sure the smell was awful within hours. His work truck and personal truck were there...I'll bet these were exes that couldn't stay away from each other...love hate relationship...but couldn't stay away from each other for some sad reason.

Her whole defense is just ick. "I shot him five times and then shot him five more times -- but he lunged at me!" Nope. Sorry. Even if he DID lunge at you, that's like eight more bullets than necessary.

Apparently not, because her (highly believable) story states that he lunged at her again after the first five shots. It's not her fault her ex is related to Michael Meyers.

Oct 30, 2015
An Indiana woman convicted of murdering her ex-husband and stuffing his body into a box learned her sentence - Danielle Green was sentenced to 60 years in prison.

Green pleaded not guilty claiming self defense as a victim of domestic violence.
But Prosecutor Aaron Negangard said there was no evidence of self-defense and Green shot her husband execution style while he was sleeping.

"This is a woman who is very very calculating."

"This lady committed cold blooded murder, shot him 10 times, put him in a box and then left him there to rot," Negangard said.
Raymond Green's mother told the judge she cannot shake the image of her son, decomposing in a box
Danielle Green wept in the courtroom during some of the testimony and turned cold when her ex-husband's family took the stand.
1578384546242.png

Back