• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
HALL COUNTY, Ga. -- A Gwinnett County teenager’s accidental 911 call has landed him in jail in Hall County.

Around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, 18 year-old Daniel Moore of Sugar Hill called 911 while at a Waffle House on Island Parkway in Hall County.
The dispatcher who answered the 911 call overheard Moore talking about a prescription drug sale, and dispatched Hall County deputies to the Waffle House where the call was placed.

When a Hall County deputy arrived at the Waffle House, the 911 dispatcher said she could still hear Moore talking about the drug sale over the open 911 line.
When the deputy found Moore at the restaurant, Moore said that his phone somehow “pocket-dialedâ€￾ 911.

The deputy told Moore that his conversation about the drug sale was overheard by the 911 dispatcher, and found Hydrocodone and Xanax in Moore’s possession.
[...]
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/27959304/detail.html
30cbz0l.jpg
Daniel Moore​

I wonder if it will hold due to reasonable privacy laws. I mean, he unintentionally reported himself. I suppose that could be argued.

IMO, he would have a hard time with the privacy issue since he was in a public place, making a drug deal! No real expectation of privacy there!

IMO, he would have a hard time with the privacy issue since he was in a public place, making a drug deal! No real expectation of privacy there!

Maybe, but when you are talking about cell phone frequencies, I am not so sure it matters where he was at. Then again, they didn't listen in on him. He called them. Just curious if this could be used as a defense. I think i would consider that if it was me Even though 911 has the right and the duty to listen.

I had a similiar situation. Kinda funny. I was at work and got a call early in the morning. I could hear talking. A guy was trying to convince a woman to let him poke her in the ass because it got him hard. I listened for about 5 minutes because I am weird like that. I hung up and called him back. He had no idea the phone in back pocket had called me. He apologized for me having to hear that. and I lol'ed at him. That was that. Did I have the right to listen and then call him and let him know that? Probably, because he called me. Was that his intent? No, but it was his responsibility NOT to call me.
That's probably what this will boil down to.
The rights of LE powers has been greatly expanded lately by the supreme court.

They should put that in the Miranda rights. "You have the right to auto-dial 911 and incriminate yourself. If you cannot do this, a proxy can be appointed for you who has pocket-dialing experience."

Once again, the picture beside the word "dumbass" in the dictionary has changed. It's an ongoing thing.

Back