• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2cr69ma.jpg

Daniel Marsh, show in 2013 at arraignment, was sentenced on Friday to 52 years to life in prison for the gruesome murder of an elderly Davis, Calif., couple.​
[...]
judge ordered a 17-year-old torture-loving killer to spend at least half of a century
[...]
Daniel Marsh, once honored for saving his father’s life, was sentenced to 52 years to life in prison for the sadistic murder of a beloved elderly couple
[...]
“I’ve never seen a defendant with such an evil soul as this defendant in 28 years as a prosecutor,”
[...]
Marsh was once a child hero, steering his family station wagon to safety as his father suffered a hea
[...]
He scanned online images of gruesome beheadings and disembowelments, nurturing a growing interest in serial killers
[...]
He turned his twisted fantasies into a real-life nightmare in April, 2013. Marsh, then 15, busted into the Davis home of a husband and wife
[....]
Marsh used a hunting knife to torture Oliver Northup, 87, and 76-year-old Claudia Maupin before eventually killing them and hacking apart their bodies.
[...]
The couple’s children begged the judge at sentencing to lock Marsh up for the rest of his life to prevent the ruthless teen from killing again.
“My father’s murder ripped him from us,” Mary Northup said,
[..]
“After watching the defendant for the last year and a half, the only thing he learned is that he should not disclose the details of his next murder.”
[...]
“The murders in this case were brutal, the victims were random,” Reed said
[...]
“He tortured them and took pleasure in what he had done. He told friends. He slaughtered Northup and Maupin out of morbid curiosity
sources
http://www.sacbee.com/community/yolo/article4448144.html
&
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014...utal-slaying-of-elderly-couple-in-their-beds/

Last edited:
Morbid curiosity? I'll say it is. Just looking at him you wouldn't think he does more than play video games and aggravate his parents. Just goes to show you can't tell a book by it's cover.

the sentencing pisses me off and is one reason Calif is such a cesspool, in this case he deserved lwop, once again a sociopath that will continue victimizing other people when given a chance and he will be in 12 years

I don't even think he was ever a hero. The 12 y.o. bad seed was probably just trying to save himself when he grabbed the wheel after his father suffered a heart attack.

Another evil piece of shit who deserves to be experimented on with sledgehammers and chainsaws - just to satisfy our morbid curiosity.

And if this thing is ever released, it will represent a danger to the public. Let it rot in jail forever. Better still, put a fucking bullet in it's brains.

I hope he's not paired up Manson. California does have some interesting people in their prisons. I just wish the morbidly interesting ones like this one was kept behind prison walls permanently. It's the one's like this one who can be so cunning and munipulative. They aren't able to be decent human beings until they enter the prison system and suddenly they find religion and morals. Then they convince a gullible parole board they are suitable for society again only to be repeat offenders. I'm sure he won't stay in for the full 50 years the first go around but he'll end up most of his life there. Evil at his level will die when he does and it can't be to soon.

@cubby

07/18/2018

Daniel Marsh walked into a Yolo County courtroom wearing a stripped jail jumpsuit and shackles, listening as attorneys discussed dates for a hearing that may change the convicted murderer’s future.

Marsh was 15 years old when he broke into the Davis home of Oliver “Chip” Northup, 87, and his wife Claudia Maupin, 76, who were stabbed to death on April 14, 2013.

His conviction came more than a year later when a Yolo County jury found Marsh, then 17, guilty of first-degree murder with special circumstances in September 2014. He was later sentenced to 52 years to life in state prison. Because he committed the crime as a minor, he will be eligible for parole 25 years after the start of his sentence.

However, an appellate court ruling — spurred by the passage of Proposition 57 — may change this.

Now age 21, Marsh returned to Yolo Superior Court on Wednesday, prompting friends and family members of the Davis couple to turn out as well — filling up two back rows on the opposite side of the defendant.

In a way, the ruling means attorneys from both sides are starting over again, with Marsh being viewed as a juvenile after Prop. 57’s passage. Prosecutors on the case are now tasked with presenting evidence to show Marsh is not fit for juvenile court. These proceedings are expected to last several days and will feature evidence and witness testimony. A new probation report is also in the works.

A hearing to determine Marsh’s fitness for juvenile court has also been scheduled — the first session will be aon Oct. 1, but will continue until all witnesses have testified.

“If the judge determines that Marsh is suitable for juvenile court, he could only be detained until he reaches the age of 25,” District Attorney Jeff Reisig explained previously. “If instead, the judge finds Marsh more suitable for adult court, the original conviction and sentence would be reinstated.”

Marsh evaded law enforcement for months before two of his friends came forward, telling investigators that Marsh showed them the murder weapon and bragged about his crime. His trial lasted weeks and delved into Marsh’s upbringing and actions that night in April 2013.

“Daniel Marsh understood what he was doing wrong,” Judge David Reed said at the December 2014 sentencing hearing, highlighting the teen’s intelligence and ability to articulate his crimes during his videotaped confession — all four hours of which were played during the lengthy trial.

Many of the jurors attended the hearing. They held back tears when family members described their continued anguish.

Victoria Hurd, Maupin’s eldest daughter, watched her mother’s killer throughout the trial, noting his lack of empathy.

“I sat in horror as I listened to the details of this crime,” she said, referring to Marsh’s confession. Hurd was present every day of the trial, getting answers and learning more about the 15-year-old who broke into her mother’s home, standing above the couple before taking their lives.

“My mother begged him for her life,” she said. “They were taken from their home in body bags. I will remember that moment for the rest of my life.”
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/genera...arsh-makes-first-appearance-in-juvenile-court

That kid is one of the scariest killers I can imagine! The thought that he could possibly walk free in a few yrs is pretty terrifying!

If rehabilitation is even possible for such an evil person, I doubt that a measly 4 yrs in juvie is enough time to even scratch the surface of his depraved mind!?

So disgusting anyone would try to get this kid out of prison. Do these lawyers seriously not care about society in the slightest!???

It's been established he is guilty. THat is not up for debate. The only thing here is they want a guilty, bloodthirsty sociopath back on the streets. That no shit is exactly what is going on. His defense WANTS him free to kill again. Sickening. Fuckin sick.

Such a vile bleeding heart backassward bunch of nonsense. Who are these idiot politicians taht did this!!!??

Back