• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
347i8w1.jpg
10gxt3b.jpg
A Toms River man faces charges in the death of Alexis Cohen, a former “American Idolâ€￾ contestant.

The Asbury Park press says Daniel Bark, 23, was arrested Sunday night in Atlantic Highlands on charges of causing Cohen's death by reckless driving and then leaving the scene.

Bark could serve 10 to 15 years and is being held in Toms River in lieu of $35,000 bail.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/entertainment/american_idol/07609_Local_Idol_Killed
Former ''American Idol'' contestant Alexis Cohen, whose profanity-laced rant on national television garnered her a bizarre sort of fame, was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver early Saturday in Seaside Heights, N.J., according to the Ocean County prosecutor's office.

Cohen's death, by ''chest and abdominal injuries, along with a closed head injury secondary to a motor vehicle collision,'' has been ruled a homicide, said Michael Mohel, deputy chief of the prosecutor's office.

Cohen, 25, of Allentown, was found lying on or near the street around 4 a.m. by two passers-by who called 911, Mohel said.
[...]

The husky-voiced singer, noted for wearing heavy glittery eye make-up, compared her vocal stylings to Janis Joplin, Grace Slick and Pat Benatar and chose to perform Jefferson Airplane's ''Somebody to Love.'' Judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson were not impressed.

''I don't think this is the route for you, sweetheart,'' Cowell told Cohen as the judges were dismissing her.

The would-be singer initially handled the rejection gracefully, but after leaving the tryout room, she launched into a tirade against Cowell as the cameras continued rolling.

''Simon is a big fat bad word,'' she said, then continued speaking as censors bleeped many of her words.

The rant drew national media attention, earning Cohen an interview with shock jock Howard Stern and appearances on the television shows ''Live with Regis and Kelly,'' ''The View'' and ''Extra.''

After the ''American Idol'' show aired, her mother admitted she wished her daughter had been more ''subdued.''

In an interview last year at the pair's Ridge Avenue apartment, Mindy Cohen said ''American Idol'' producers goaded her daughter into her tirade.

''I didn't think they were going to edit it that way,'' the mother said.
[...]

She made a brief return to ''Idol'' earlier this year, having undergone a makeover and pronouncing herself reformed.

During auditions aired in January, a demure Cohen performed a wobbly rendition of Madonna's ''Like a Prayer'' for the judges.

''That was horrendous,'' Cowell said once she was done. ''You actually got worse, I think.''

To which Cohen replied, ''Thank you.''

Then after a pause. ''Thank you,'' she said on her way out the door, middle fingers waving. ''You're an [expletive].''
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a9_5alexis.6970161jul26,0,6206372.story
raugj5.jpg
1zvc2g3.jpg

Her MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/we_are_all_ryzing

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LimOXvLszwU"]YouTube - American Idol Alexis Cohen - "Take It, Take It, Take It"[/ame]

Awww, this truly is sad. She was young and had big dreams. I find this to be sad. Her emotional balance seems way off, but hellz.. she had character!

Former 'American Idol' contestant killed; driver arrested

143l5zd.jpg
(CNN)
-- A 23-year-old man was arrested Sunday in the death of a former "American Idol" contestant, who was struck by a car in New Jersey, authorities said.

Alexis Cohen auditions for season seven of "American Idol" in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Alexis Cohen's body was found on a street in the town of Seaside Heights early Saturday, said Michael Mohel, Ocean County deputy prosecutor. An autopsy indicated that she had suffered head trauma and multiple injuries, including to her abdomen and chest.

Daniel Bark was arrested Sunday evening and is being held in lieu of $35,000 bail, Mohel said.

Bark, of Toms River, New Jersey, is charged with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident, according to Mohel.

Cohen appeared in auditions of the television show in 2008 and 2009
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/27/idol.contestant.killed/index.html

This is very sad.

I promise I'm not making fun but....
I'll never forget Simon saying she looked like the guy who played the green goblin from Spiderman, and Randy said Willem Dafoe? Yeah him.

A Toms River man struck and killed former "American Idol" contestant Alexis Cohen in Seaside Heights as he was fleeing from police who tried to stop him for an earlier car accident, authorities said yesterday.

Daniel Bark, 23, was leaving the scene of an accident at a parking lot adjacent to Hemingway's Bar shortly before 4 a.m. Saturday when his 2005 Mitsubishi Galant struck Cohen, Ocean County Prosecutor Marlene Lynch Ford said.

It took authorities a couple of hours before connecting Bark to the fatal hit-and-run.

Bark was in police custody on a drunken driving charge when people reported finding Cohen's body in the street. However, he was released before investigators "connected the dots," Seaside Heights Police Chief Thomas Boyd said.
[...]

According to the prosecutor, a Seaside Heights police officer on bicycle patrol tried to stop Bark at 3:49 a.m. Saturday after Bark hit a parked car in the lot adjacent to the bar. Bark, however, fled west on Dupont Avenue and turned right onto Bay Boulevard, traveling north in the southbound lane, authorities said.

"That was the location where, unfortunately, Miss Cohen was a pedestrian as best as we can make out and where the collision occurred," Ford said. "Miss Cohen was apparently walking around the southbound part of the roadway."
[...]

Ford said police were not pursuing Bark when the fatal accident occurred and were unaware a pedestrian had been hit when they stopped him.

Bark, who Ford said refused a Breathalyzer test, was arrested and issued a slew of municipal summonses stemming from the traffic stop: driving while intoxicated, four counts of failure to yield or stop, reckless driving, failure to report an accident, driving without insurance, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to stay to the right, refusing a Breathalyzer test, failure to wear a seat belt, failure to obey an officer's command, careless driving and traveling the wrong way on a one-way street, Ford said.
[...]

He was charged Sunday night with leaving the scene of an accident, but the prosecutor's office upgraded the charges yesterday to include aggravated manslaughter, death by auto and eluding.
[...]
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-14/1248746114315460.xml&coll=1

According to his lawyer, he's on suicide watch. I hope the night shift is drinking decaf.

Back