• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Afterward, Hosay has noted, Poindexter's performance improved under Walker, Grubb's successor.

I doubt his "performance" improved. After all, the Kelly file was found in the bottom of a file-cabinet-sized box full of garbage in his cubicle. None of his fucking supervisors managed to NOTICE that?

Well, Liz, Danieal may not be getting Caylee's level of attention in the media, but she seems to be getting a lot more justice than Caylee did. People are actually being sentenced for their part in her death.

Well, Liz, Danieal may not be getting Caylee's level of attention in the media, but she seems to be getting a lot more justice than Caylee did. People are actually being sentenced for their part in her death.

I don't disagree with you in that involved parties are being sentenced to not insignificant punishments for their involvement. But I suspect a much higher proportion of the U.S. population could tell you who Caylee Anthony is, even though it seems likely that Caylee's death was much less protracted and painful than Danieal's. Also, when Caylee died, she was all potential. When Danieal died, she had been given a few small moments to show where she could go, what she could do, how she could touch the lives of others--and when those moments were gone, her body--without therapy targeting her condition--was frozen. None of us will never know what was happening in her mind when she passed from this world. In fact, knowing what she was thinking and feeling...I think I would choose a Christian hell over that.

I would have sworn I posted on this case as I do remember reading on it as it was first posted and when I got to the autopsy picture; I just couldn't get past it. Instead I went on to look for other pictures of Danieal alive to try and forget..but there is no forgetting what this innocent child went through, how she was left to die. I rarely compare cases in terms of severity of abuse as I believe a childs suffering is such a personal thing...just doesn't seem fair.

I will say, that this case is one of the hardest cases I have ever read in terms of details to a childs agonizing life. Reminds me much of little 5 yo. Charnae Wise. Not in same way that Danieal Kelly was disabled but that they both were literately forgotten, dismissed even tho people knew of their suffering---and went about their day as they languished and died...alone. I am glad to read that people are being held accountable, those closest to Danieal and those hired to see that she was cared for.
I cannot begin to tell how I feel about the life taken from this child. It was an unconscionable act, loathsome in the absence of any humanity. This is the picture I love the most of Danieal.
It shows the most lovely eyes full of life and potential. She was a bright and friendly girl as told by teachers.
It is not possible that you will ever be forgotten Danieal....the light that was taken from you now lights the heavens.
DaniealKelly.jpg

Last edited:
GUILTY!!!

A Philadelphia jury today convicted three people on all charges for the roles they played in the chain of events that resulted in the 2006 death of Danieal Kelly, the disabled 14-year-old girl who starved and withered away in her mother's squalid West Philadelphia home.

The Common Pleas Court jury of six men and six women spent about seven hours reviewing the evidence against Danieal's absentee father, Daniel Kelly Sr., and codefendants Dana Poindexter and Mickal Kamuvaka, both social workers, before returning the verdicts at about 3:45 p.m.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/125654008.html

Pity they can't throw these fuckers alone in a dark cell with no food, no water, and a shit-stained mattress until they die.

Pity they can't throw these fuckers alone in a dark cell with no food, no water, and a shit-stained mattress until they die.

In some cases eye for an eye justice would be very fitting. Just because she can't vocalize her pain and misery. Damn...this makes me think of that of that jackass that raped the little girl who was non-verbal. It must be horrible enough having issues like that...but someone taking advantage or punishing you for them (which is how I look at the people who let Danieal die), just...what the hell???

motherfucker...I'm bawling buckets of tears. This poor child. omfg. I am horrified, outraged, stunned and feel so sick in my heart for this child. The autopsy picture was motherfucking gruesome. RIP sweet child. I'm so sorry people in your world were so goddamn fucked up.

There is a case file floating around on-line on the Danieal Kelly case that is just heartbreaking, I'll try to find it tonight. It has pictures of the home and sadly a autopsy photo just like lizard described. When you see the pictures of the home It makes you think how could anyone leave any child in that shit hole. They sealed this sweet child's fate.

I'm glad every sticking one of these people are being outted and punished!

There is a case file floating around on-line on the Danieal Kelly case that is just heartbreaking, I'll try to find it tonight. It has pictures of the home and sadly a autopsy photo just like lizard described. When you see the pictures of the home It makes you think how could anyone leave any child in that shit hole. They sealed this sweet child's fate.

I'm glad every sticking one of these people are being outted and punished!

I think you're thinking of the grand jury's report: http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/pdfs/Grand_jury_DHS_new.pdf

Edited to add: Read at your own risk. I'm not kidding.

â€￾ When the technician picked Danieal up off the bed, “her
body shape was still inside the bed:â€￾
Q. And when you say that, are you saying that it imprinted in the
sheets?
A. Imprinted in the sheets, in the mattress itself.
Q. And what was imprinted, what was that? Was it body fluids?
A. Well, it was body fluids and her shape was inside – what happens
is the body fluids kind of absorbed into the bed itself and then it
kind of made the shape of her body. . . .
Q. . . . . [W]hen you talked about this imprint in the bed, are you
saying it’s from her weight just being in that spot for a long
period of time?
A. From being in that spot."

OMFG, there is NO punishment just enough! The disgusting, vile bitch should be made to sleep on this very mattress her remaining days, in her fucking pieceofshit cell....and made to shit in a bucket and drink her own piss.
That was more than she gave Danieal.
My heart weeps for you Danieal. weeps.

I think you're thinking of the grand jury's report: http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/pdfs/Grand_jury_DHS_new.pdf

Edited to add: Read at your own risk. I'm not kidding.

Yep that's the one! I just found it also at Stop Corrupt DSS after the article (linked for extra sources)
What a gut wrenching read and I'll tell ya that image of that little girl dead will haunt me forever!

what @silvahalo68 pasted I can't even begin to fathom that gruesome scene even after seeing all that we have seen from this case. she was sunk into a mass of bile!

I thought I remembered more home photos in that report, but I may have seen some else where or am confused with another case.
This photo I'm posting is from the Grand Jury report however and I think that says exactly what that whole home was like.
Now to leave a child, any child especially a disabled one in that hell hole is truly despicable!
(Not to mention there was nine children total living there...nine!!!!)
Every person who ever walked into that place failed little Danieal Kelly
6rsjva.jpg

Last edited:
OMFG, there is NO punishment just enough! The disgusting, vile bitch should be made to sleep on this very mattress her remaining days, in her fucking pieceofshit cell....and made to shit in a bucket and drink her own piss.

I agree with you, but what makes this case so much worse is how easily Danieal could've been saved from her fate, had only one person done THEIR FUCKING JOB.

Every person who ever walked into that place failed little Danieal Kelly
6rsjva.jpg

I don't think I agree with that. Her brother Daniel and her "step" siblings lived there as well. Daniel, at least, seemed to have tried to do rright by his sister, but his efforts were thwarted by his mother.

I don't think I agree with that. Her brother Daniel and her "step" siblings lived there as well. Daniel, at least, seemed to have tried to do rright by his sister, but his efforts were thwarted by his mother.
Ahh that's true.
what a thing the kids all have to live with too...
This whole thing makes me sad.

Today was the first time I accessed the pics and I want to be sick.My oldest son's aunt has cerebral palsy.The doctors told her mom she would never crawl,be potty trained,walk or talk.Joy(as a single mom)pushed and worked with Jenny constantly.With therapy,surgery,love,education,proper medical and physical care,and tons of environmental stimulation that girl is now an adult who walks,talks,lives in an assisted living home and holds down a job.My heart breaks to think of how far Danieal could have gone if she had just been given everything Jenny was.Every child deserves a chance to reach their potential.I need to go cry right now.

Explanation:
Unfinished background reports caused the delay Tuesday of sentencing for three people found guilty in the 2006 death of Danieal Kelly, the disabled teen who starved in her mother's squalid West Philadelphia apartment.

Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart told lawyers that incomplete presentencing investigations made it necessary to postpone until Oct. 20 the sentencing of Danieal's father, Daniel Kelly, 40, and two others.

"Just like in this case, bureaucracy seems to get in the way constantly," said Minehart, referring to personnel problems and policies in the Department of Human Services that caused neglect reports to go uninvestigated until after Danieal Kelly died on Aug. 4, 2006.
[...]

All three are in custody. Kelly's bail was revoked this year when he was arrested after he fled to Indiana. Kamuvaka was serving a 171/2-year federal sentence for health-care fraud involving the Kelly case. Minehart revoked Poindexter's bail after the verdict.

Prosecutors have estimated that each faces a long prison term - for Kelly, seven years; Poindexter, eight to 16; and Kamuvaka, up to 25.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/129349878.html

Today is the first time I've read any thing about this and i have to say i am sickened and dumbfounded. after reading the grand jury report i cant get my mind off her physical stats. 3 ft 6in tall and 42 lbs at the time of her death. My kid is in kindergarted and is 3-4 and was 42 lbs at her last drs appotment. I will have nightmares about that autopsy pic. I cry when reading alot of these stories, but this is the first time i've ever sobbed in horror. The legal system can't even begin to give this poor child justice, there is no penalty stiff enough, not even the death penalty.

Dad, social workers get 2 1/2 to 5 years in Danieal’s death
Bringing an end to trials in the 2006 starvation death of 14-year-old Danieal Kelly, a judge Thursday sentenced the disabled child's father and two others to prison terms.

"This was a horrific case," Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart said before ordering 2 1/2- to five-year prison terms for Daniel Kelly, 40; former Department of Human Services social worker Dana Poindexter, 54; and former DHS contractor Mickal Kamuvaka, 62.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-10-20/news/30301823_1_prison-terms-kelly-case-social-worker

These motherfuckers deserved LIFE because they let that poor child die and they easily could have prevented it.

Beats NO sentence or a sharp stick in the eye, but just barely.

Remembering Danieal Kelly

1618334217431.png
1618334374454.png

1618334052190.png

Danieal Kelly
(January 3, 1992 - August 4, 2006)

Beautiful Danieal's life was taken from her after being left in a dark room and starved by an uncaring and unworthy mother.

This angel deserved love and protection but was failed by so many.

No amount of time any of these people serve will wash away the blood that is on their hands.
1618334284294.png

Back