• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — A high school student died after he was hit by a vehicle while running across the street to his bus stop on Monday morning. Investigators say the person who hit him is a Polk County Sheriff’s Office School Crossing Guard Supervisor.

Detectives say around 6:18 a.m., Shirley Cross, age 60, of Lakeland, was heading eastbound on Clubhouse Road towards the intersection of Summerlin Hills Drive and Andros Blvd, when she struck 17-year-old Kalen Kirk, a George Jenkins High School student.

KIrk was running across Clubhouse Road to the bus stop located on Andros Boulevard. He was critically injured and transported to Lakeland Regional Health and Medical Center where he later died.

Cross was checked out by emergency crews on scene and was not injured.

Investigators say there is no crosswalk or school crossing at the intersection where Kirk crossed, and it was dark outside when he was hit. According to witnesses and preliminary information, Cross was unable to avoid striking the pedestrian.

http://wfla.com/2016/05/02/pedestrian-involved-crash-blocks-polk-intersecton/

Well that sucks. Someone who protects kids kills one. She is going to have to live with his "mistake" now. I think we all agree by 17 we are all aware running in traffic is not a good choice.

Kalen Kirk, I would have to have named this kid James Tiberius.

By 17 you should know not to run into the road without looking both ways. Especially in the dark.

Latest posts

Back