• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/11018096-74/story
Crews have rescued a man who became trapped between two buildings in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood, reportedly after trying to jump from one rooftop to another to impress a woman he had just met.

The man, whose name wasn't immediately released, was freed about 6 a.m. Tuesday. He'd been trapped about four hours after falling awkwardly into the narrow, debris-filled space between the buildings housing a Bruegger's Bagels and a Qdoba Mexican Eats on Forbes Avenue, according to Trib news partner WPXI-TV.

Police say the man reported an ankle injury; he was bleeding, but waved to TV news cameras as he was wheeled on a gurney to an ambulance.

At one point, crews broke a hole through the Qdoba restaurant in an unsuccessful effort to reach him. A medic was eventually lowered on a rope to reach the man.

Authorities say the man and woman reached the roof by climbing a fire escape.

I think he can probably draw a decent conclusion on that based in whether or not she stuck around all 4 hours waiting for the rescue.

God I hope she live tweeted that date. :hilarious:

Crews have rescued a man who became trapped between two buildings in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood, reportedly after trying to jump from one rooftop to another to impress a woman he had just met.
Tell me, ladies: how well does that work once the dude reaches his majority?

--Al

He thought he was superman.
Instead, he's superdork.
:hilarious:
He was rescued at 6am, He had been stuck for 4 hours.
The article says they just met.

Is it normal these days to meet someone at 2am and then climb up a fire escape together?

Parkour some people can do it and some people crash and burn or get stuck between walls.

I like watching people do this stuff...I could do it at ten...but at 44 ...nope.

I'm too scared of falling and hurting myself...I just got roller blades though, I've only fallen

once...a very controlled fall...I planked first....he just stood there laughed and laughed,

that's how I know we're sill in love...when he laughs in my face and don't care.

He must have tried to jump up from the bagel place. It's a very narrow gap.

b7gbyg.jpg
Yeah... How do you fuck that up otherwise??

I'm gonna have to send this to my best friend and see if she can do some on site recon- pictures or something. Tell me how far apart the bldgs are, abt how much taller one is than the other... She works in that area "dahntahn" at least once a week. (My whole family is from Pittsburgh; she still lives there. :D<3)

Yeah... How do you fuck that up otherwise??

I'm gonna have to send this to my best friend and see if she can do some on site recon- pictures or something. Tell me how far apart the bldgs are, abt how much taller one is than the other... She works in that area "dahntahn" at least once a week. (My whole family is from Pittsburgh; she still lives there. :D<3)

I did a little on Google maps. I'd estimate the height to be about 10 feet, but I can't see enough detail from the satellite picture to tell how high the wall is on top of the bagel place. The fire escape they usedused to get up there is on the back of the building and accessed by an alley through the carpark around the corner.

There is a lot of graffiti on the wall of the Mexican joint. That gives the impression that it's not too hard to get on that roof.
Looks like a popular spot for young vandals.

Yep. I'm bored.

23lzbee.jpg

Last edited:
One of our local radio stations has a feature called second date update where one of the parties has the station call the other party to find out why there was no second date. Assuming there was no second date (pretty safe, I'd say), I'd love to hear the dialogue about this one.

I think there's one answer to all of this: drunk.

His name wasn't "immediately" released... I'm waiting!!

ETA
Grant Birdsong
GRANT BIRDSONG
Age, 22. Refer back to explanation above.

I know that neighborhood! Lived up the street from there when I was going to college. The first time.

At least as of 25 plus years ago, this neighborhood was populated by students from U. of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon. I remember that my friends who lived there pissed out of their third story windows when they didn't feel like walking a down a floor to get to the bathroom. So I would say that it would be totally normal in this neighborhood for 2am meetups/first dates.

imo thats waay too big of a gap between building heights to even think to attempt something like that. but thats the only problem i see... if the dude couldnt jump across a what foot wide gap (and thinks its possible or a good idea to jump either up or down what looks like a full story), i suspect heavily that at least alcohol was involved.
[doublepost=1484083915,1483874853][/doublepost]
One of our local radio stations has a feature called second date update where one of the parties has the station call the other party to find out why there was no second date. Assuming there was no second date (pretty safe, I'd say), I'd love to hear the dialogue about this one.
brilliant idea to give rejected date participants some constructive criticism!

Back