• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
he looks like an rabid turtle but it was three students and 2 girls one was married to other student a male [I heard his name in news cast and thought he was female] my satalite is not allowing me to properly function on here so this is it from me right now

While what this man did is absolutely disgusting, I'm really kind of surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often between atheists and religious people. I mean, there are very few religions on this earth that we can't say, "Your religion started this," about, lol.

That aside, this really fucking blows. For the families of those beautiful young people, for Muslims in general, and for atheists who've been trying really goddamn hard to improve our image. We're trying to let our funniest and most intelligent represent us, and this basement-dwelling, Magic the Gathering, tortoise looking motherfucker decides to do some devastatingly moronic shit that will be interpreted as being in the name of atheism.

Unfortunately, mouth breathing idiocy transcends religion.

and for atheists who've been trying really goddamn hard to improve our image. We're trying to let our funniest and most intelligent represent us, and this basement-dwelling, Magic the Gathering, tortoise looking motherfucker decides to do some devastatingly moronic shit that will be interpreted as being in the name of atheism.
I think that happens for every religion/group. Muslims are associated with the extremists, Christians with the molesters, same for Catholics, Jewish are associated with greed. We all want others to know us for us but yet are stereotyped into that "group" by some others.

Oh, definitely. Every group deals with a stereotype, and I guess I should just be thankful that people aren't aiming to kill us because of ours. But we are the most universally loathed. In a study done some time ago asking a cross section of Americans to rank the degree of trust they associated with specific groups, atheists were trusted as much (or as little, as the case may be) as rapists.

This dude is NOT helping. He totally looks like he'd have a windowless work van that cruises by elementary schools on the regular if he weren't busy cappin' Muslim students. Ugh.

But we are the most universally loathed. In a study done some time ago asking a cross section of Americans to rank the degree of trust they associated with specific groups, atheists were trusted as much (or as little, as the case may be) as rapists.
Try being Christian on this forum:p Y'all aren't fond of us. I apologize, I'm just being a smart ass there.

I think that part of the problem is that a person's religious preferences is touted by the media. Had this just been a story about 1 fucktard shooting 3 people over a parking space then we would all move along quickly, nothing to see, just another day in the neighborhood. Same goes with when a self-proclaimed "pastor" (usually youth pastor too) rapes children/teens, his/her religion needs to be everywhere instead of a pervert rapes children, it's a pastor/youth leader/etc. rapes children.

Conflict sells and the media isn't helping our stereotypes any. Don't get me wrong I like to know as many details as possible, I'm nosy, but sometimes when the media harps on it we get lost in that and lose sight of the fact that a bad person did something terrible and get stuck on the religion/race/gender/sexual preferences of that bad person.

if it is cold, I have a bad hair day etc I will wear a scarf and it can look like a hijab as it is long and well, it it is because I got it specifically to wear when dealing with some people in imports. I have had people be assholes when they saw me. One joker tried to run me off the road and got to see a whole new kinda reverse back road rage [I scared the crap outta him] the threats and remarks this reject made before the shooting was very racist as well as negatively religious.

I was born & raised Catholic, considered myself Athiest as a young adult, currently go to a Baptist Church, and really don't believe in any of it. What am I?

Last edited:
The same failure of liberalism is evident in Western Europe, where the dogma of multiculturalism has left a secular Europe very slow to address the looming problem of religious extremism among it's immigrants. The people who speak most sensibly about the threat that Islam poses to Europe are actually fascists. To say that this does not bode well for liberalism is an understatement: It does not bode well for the future of civilisation.

The Pope?
no, lol, just tryin to stay warm. However I do feel extremists deserve some extra treatment. The morons that have tried to make a statement in this country so far in murdering innocent people for their hatred of so called religious beliefs have usually ended up targeting and killing Sikhs or other East Indian Hindus when they claimed to go after Muslims and the labels they wear are inconsequential in my opinion as I think racism would be the closer basis. It's sad, I knew a Pashtun family here that had a store and the kids were instructed from the time they were in the store to vehemently claim they were Hindu to keep from getting flak. I want to add a complete lack of tolerance towards any religious persecution in this country as right now a couple [gay male] former mormons have been targeted up in Utah with repeated crimes against them [like a kitten put in cement in a pipe] that the law refuses to deal with after they left their church and have tried to fight for their and others rights, which is one example of many [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/09/cat-buried-in-concrete-colorado-city-az_n_1660320.html]

Last edited:
When I get to my pc I'll wrap quote tags around that, it's from an article Sam Harris wrote back in 07 or thereabouts. I love him.

Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty For Dirty No Chin Havin' Fucker Who Shot Three Muslim Students Last Month

Check out pics at link

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...chapel-hill-shooting-deaths-article-1.2134519

Prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty against a man charged with murdering three Muslim students in their North Carolina home last month.

The decision by the Durham County District Attorney's Office's to seek the most severe punishment for Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, follows the Feb. 10 shooting deaths of Deah Barakat, 23, his wife, Yusor Abu-Salha, 21, and her sister, Razan Abu-Salha, 19.

Hicks had an arsenal of weapons and ammunition inside his Chapel Hill condo when the trio was gunned down inside their neighboring unit, police said.

The cache allegedly included four handguns, two shotguns and six rifles — including an AR-15 carbine.

When he surrendered to police about an hour after the shooting, he was also armed with a pistol, police said.

Exactly what sparked the disturbing attack remains unclear.

Authorities have said it could have stemmed from a dispute over a parking spot outside their shared building.

no, lol, just tryin to stay warm. However I do feel extremists deserve some extra treatment. The morons that have tried to make a statement in this country so far in murdering innocent people for their hatred of so called religious beliefs have usually ended up targeting and killing Sikhs or other East Indian Hindus when they claimed to go after Muslims and the labels they wear are inconsequential in my opinion as I think racism would be the closer basis. It's sad, I knew a Pashtun family here that had a store and the kids were instructed from the time they were in the store to vehemently claim they were Hindu to keep from getting flak. I want to add a complete lack of tolerance towards any religious persecution in this country as right now a couple [gay male] former mormons have been targeted up in Utah with repeated crimes against them [like a kitten put in cement in a pipe] that the law refuses to deal with after they left their church and have tried to fight for their and others rights, which is one example of many [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/09/cat-buried-in-concrete-colorado-city-az_n_1660320.html]
I giggle every time I read this, because I'm thinking you meant to quote someone else, but I like imagining that this is all somehow related to rod2pop being the pope.

We're trying to let our funniest and most intelligent represent us

Really? Has Bill Maher gone rogue or something then? You guys need to get that annoying, loudmouth, attention crazed dipshit in check.

I was born & raised Catholic, considered myself Athiest as a young adult, currently go to a Baptist Church, and really don't believe in any of it. What am I?

Wasting your time

I thought i saw this story before on here, remember posting about a very similar story cuz muslim groups were freaking outa nd trying to make it all about them and their cause.

Autopsies show that the man charged with killing three Muslim college students held his gun to the heads of two victims when he pulled the trigger after shooting the first in the doorway.

Yusor Mohammad Abu-Salha, 21, and her sister, 19-year-old Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, died of contact wounds to the head, indicating the gun used by suspected murderer Craig Stephen Hicks was very close to or against their scalps.

The older woman was shot in the top of the head during the February 10 attack. Her sister was shot in the back of the head by the 46-year-old.

Yusor Abu-Salha's husband, Deah Shaddy Barakat, a 23-year-old dental student at University of North Carolina, died of four gunshot wounds in the doorway.

The young man had opened the door to his attacker before the shooting began, according to the medical examiner's report.

Wounds on his arm and hands suggest that he may have tried to shield himself from a barrage of bullets, according to the News Observer.

Durham County District Attorney Roger Echols has stated that he plans to seek the death penalty against Hicks, who's charged with murder.

His blood was found on the pants of one of the victims, according to prosecutors.

Police say Hicks, who has confessed, was motivated by a parking dispute, but the victims' families say they were targeted because they were Muslim.

All of the victims' cars were parked in their correct places before the shooting, according to a February report from the New York Times.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-2-3-Muslim-students-shot-gun-held-head.html

Last edited:
Back