• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://news.yahoo.com/cops-dna-anal...customers-222236902--abc-news-topstories.html
A New York man who suspected that a Chili's restaurant waiter had spit into his drink got the law involved and investigators were able to determine who spit into the drink using DNA analysis, according to court documents.

The incident took place last July, when Ken Yerdon and his wife, Julie Aluzzo Yerdon, went to dinner at a Chili's restaurant on Route 31 in Clay, New York, according to court documents from a lawsuit filed Tuesday. The couple complained to their server, Gregory Lamica, then 24, that their food was under-cooked and that they hadn't been served chips, Yerdon said.
[....]
"We weren't rude or anything," Ken Yerdon told ABC News. "It was a busy night but we didn't expect for our food to get spit in," he said.

Before leaving, the couple asked for to-go drinks and as they drove off, the styrofoam cup's lid popped off, revealing a nasty surprise, Yerdon said.

"The lid popped off and I looked in and there was some spit in the cup," Yerdon said, noting "it was really bad."

Yerdon dropped off his wife and 12-year-old son before driving back to the restaurant, where managers apologized and gave Yerdon a refund and some coupons but did not admit Lamica was responsible for the incident, Lahm said.
[....]
Since Ken Yerdon took two sips of the drink before he saw the spit, he said he decided to get tested for HIV and hepatitis, and in both cases he subsequently tested negative. HIV cannot be contracted through saliva, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Several days after the Yerdons called the state police, investigators showed up at Lamica’s door where he denied spitting in Yerdon’s drink but agreed to have his mouth swabbed for DNA, according to state police. Meanwhile, Lamica had not been fired and he continued to work at the Chili's until last October when he left on his own volition, according to court papers.

Three months after the incident, DNA analysis concluded the spit in the Yerdon’s cup matched Lamica’s, who was brought into a police station where he confessed to the crime and was charged with disorderly conduct, according to state police. Lamica pleaded guilty in February and was sentenced to a one-year conditional discharge and a $125 surcharge, according to Clay Town Court.
[....]
filed a lawsuit Tuesday against Lamica, Chili's parent company and the owner of the Chili's for negligence and retention of an incompetent employee. The lawsuit did not specify the damages being sought.

Lamica could not be reached for comment by ABC News.

WTF so they will waste money on a waiter spitting into a drink, but they won't do DNA testing on gloves found at forcible entry scenes? Can you get any more fucking idiotic?

WTF so they will waste money on a waiter spitting into a drink, but they won't do DNA testing on gloves found at forcible entry scenes? Can you get any more fucking idiotic?

I was just thinking of the story with the tens of thousands of untested rape kits.

Oh hey, NYC actually WAS one of the 2 cities that cleared its rape kit backlog. Guess that frees them up a bit for the investigation of heinous spittle attacks like this. :rolleyes:

I can see being pissed about spit in the drink- it's gross! And yes, the waiter should have been fired-- but other than that, quit being a crybaby & just move on with your life.

Don't bother the police (who, btw, I can't believe pursued a measly possible charge of 'disorderly conduct' with such gusto!)

Just take your Chili's coupons, rinse with some Listerene, and try not to think about all the times you didn't see them spit in your cup!:devil:

Is Yerdon going to let up once the lawsuit is over? When does this end? o_O I have a feeling someone like this has NO idea how he comes across to others. The spit was wrong but IDK, wouldn't a normal person let it go once the guy was arrested? He sounds a little ... *finger makes circling motion near my ear*

Last edited:
<3<3<3<3<3 Totes. <3<3
You're talking about my home invasion? (I hope or I look pretty stupid)

That's sweet. :smuggrin:

I bet this was done at the request of some lawyer looking for it to be an example of sorts to corporations in the same way the hot coffee at McDonald's was.

If that's the case, it's a good thing didn't happen in Minnesota since you can cum into someone's drink with no questions asked, no if's and's or but's.

Since Ken Yerdon took two sips of the drink before he saw the spit, he said he decided to get tested for HIV and hepatitis, and in both cases he subsequently tested negative. HIV cannot be contracted through saliva, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Yeah this guy is clearly a dickhead. This is probably the most exciting thing to ever happen in his life. I'm not sure why but I have such a vivid image of what he must look like. Dad jeans, high white socks, and baseball caps all the way.

This is why I never complain at restaurants. I did, only once, when I ordered a Caesar Salad, which has very specific ingredients, and was brought a Greek salad- which also has very specific ingredients, the OWNER came over and ARGUED with me that I was wrong...in front of the whole restaurant. So we left. Fuck that. I wasn't going to get a spit salad instead. That was the only time I ever complained in a restaurant. The end.

Maybe it's just me ...
But punching him in the face seems like it would have been far more satisfying :shrug:
I guess I go for the quick fix :devil:

That is just so fucking gross....My Mom was a lunatic at meal times. immigrant, we had to eat everything on our plate just in case it was our last meal all the time. Once I was helping my little brother drink up his milk and a chuck of fried potatoes hit my lip....blegh!

To be fair, if they didn't fire this nutsack for what he did then that looks bad on them. Which I think is what part of the lawsuit is alleging. Either way this guy just guarandamnteed he will be working in the shit industry for the rest of his life coz no one can trust him not to be a little hurt feelings bitch. It's your job. Do it right or don't do it at all. No need to take it out on the people paying you to do your job right. Asshole.

DNA testing spit in the giant Chili's Caper of 2015 but hundreds, if not thousands, of rapists are roaming the streets because rape kits aren't tested...

Yeah sure, that seems reasonable to me.:rolleyes:

"We weren't rude or anything," Ken Yerdon told ABC News. "It was a busy night but we didn't expect for our food to get spit in," he said.

Funny, I have never met a waiter who hocked a loogie in someones drink for being nice.

Yeah this guy is clearly a dickhead. This is probably the most exciting thing to ever happen in his life. I'm not sure why but I have such a vivid image of what he must look like. Dad jeans, high white socks, and baseball caps all the way.

Yup and I'm gonna go with banana yellow corvette too.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ken-yerdon/51/6A9/A75

All this being said, no excuse in todays day and age for this shit. Dude, you're supposed to lick the clean plate and put the food on top of it...amateur. :sarcasm:

Back