• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2mgwmk9.jpg

Lawrence Campbell, who shot and killed Jeresy City cop Melvin Santiago, also died.​
[...]
rookie Jersey City police officer was fatally shot early Sunday by a depraved gunman who apparently wanted to become “famous” by killing a cop.
Officer Melvin Santiago was just 23 years old and had been on the force for only seven months when he was killed responding to an armed robbery call at a 24-hour drug store
[...]
Lawrence Campbell, 27, one of three suspects wanted in connection with a prior Jersey City homicide, was waiting outside the Walgreens about 4 a.m. after having forcibly taken a firearm from a security guard,
[...]
Despite the nature of the 911 call, the gunman “did not rob or attempt to rob the Walgreens, but proceeded to wait for the Police Department to arrive — approximately four minutes,”
[...]
“Surveillance cameras show Campbell walking outside and speaking to a witness, at which time he apologized for his conduct in Walgreens and told the witness to watch the news he is going to be famous,”
[...]
Santiago and his partner, an Officer Martinez, were in the first police car first to arrive at the scene.
Campbell approached the police vehicle at close range and fired into the vehicle with the door open striking Officer Melvin Santiago in the head,”
[...]
He then fired three more times at a second marked police car striking the windshield, in attempt to kill two more officers. Officers in the subsequent car and first car returned fire, striking Campbell and killing him.”
The shocking incident left Santiago’s family and an entire city struggling with anger and grief.

“He didn’t even make it a whole year,” said his weeping step-father, Alex McBride, 50. “I can’t believe it.”

Santiago’s mother, Cathy McBride, stepped outside her home to vent her anger
[...]
“He is a piece of s---,” the anguished mom said. “My son was 23 years old and he was a good boy. And he didn’t deserve to get a bullet in his head for no reason.
[...]
It was his dream and he was living his dream, but at the same time he didn’t have to die like that. All because somebody wanted to be famous. My son did not deserve that.”
Fulop spoke on behalf of a city in mourning.

“Today was a horrible day for Jersey City,”
[...]
The encounter at the Communipaw Ave. and JFK Boulevard West drug store began innocently enough.

“Lawrence Campbell entered the Walgreens asked the security officer directions to purchase a greeting card,”
[...]
“Campbell proceeded in that direction, left the store and circled back. Campbell, who had a knife, then assaulted the security officer, taking his weapon.”

Within minutes, both Campbell and Santiago were dead.
[...]
step-dad said the slain officer wanted nothing more than to be a cop.

“He scored the second-highest on the police test. He scored a 98. That’s why they called him up right away,” Alex McBride said. “He was a very smart kid. He loved going to work. He wanted to be in the action. That was the kind of guy he was.”
[...]
devastated step-dad said Santiago died immediately.

“They said he was just gone on the spot,”
[...]
“He didn’t even have a fighting chance. I wish I could have got my hands on the knuckle head who did this. I can’t believe it.”
Santiago, a graduate of Create Charter High School in Jersey City, spent a year at Seton Hall University and worked at a Target store before becoming a cop,
[...]
Santiago’s 13-year-old brother, Alex Jr., looked up to him.

“He was talking about (becoming a police officer), since Melvin was,”
[...]
“I hope he changes his mind. It feels like a dream. It doesn’t seem real. They took my boy.”

Santiago’s aunt, Aggie Hernandez, said it was a relative who inspired her nephew to join the force.

“His uncle was also a police officer. This is what he wanted to do,”
[...]
said through sobs. “He was just an amazing person. He was our baby.
Santiago was pronounced dead at Jersey City Medical Center.
[...]
A Jersey City Police a Department tent pitched near the entrance contained the body of the suspect, which was removed around 10 a.m.
[...]
One young woman being held up by another woman looked like she was about to faint.

A police car was still on the scene, with 13 bullet holes in the windshield. The vehicle’s back window was blown out.
My God, it sounded like fireworks,” said a local resident named Mike
[...]
“The amount of shots, and so fast, like ‘Pow, pow, pow, pow!’ And then I heard the sirens. Those shots went on forever. I really thought it was fireworks.”
Mike said he doesn't come to the area of the city at night and the businesses are always targets for robberies.

“There’s no big staff in there at that time of the night in the Walgreens,”
[....]
“And it’s 24 hours. I wouldn't go in there late at night.”
[...]
he felt terrible for the slain officer.

“That poor cop. He was so young,”
[...]
to kill someone for what? A robbery? My god.”
[...]
A police cruiser pulled up in front of the store, and the suspect began shooting, Belviso said.

“We thought he was running, coming toward us,” said Belviso, who was riding along with a friend. “He kept on shooting.”

The driver witnessed bullets fly through the cruiser's windshield, and other police cars appeared on scene, and officers fired at him,
[....]
An armed security guard at the store told authorities that the suspect struck him and took his weapon. Police believe the security guard’s weapon was used in the shooting
[...]
Santiago is the first Jersey City officer killed in the line of duty since Detective Marc DiNardo was killed in July 2009 during a raid on an apartment searching for suspects in a robbery, officials said.

“It is a tragic situation when any officer is killed in the line of duty,”
[...]
“Melvin was an officer who represented everything one would want to see in a police officer. I know the entire city's thoughts and prayers are with the Santiago family during this difficult time and we mourn together.”

New Jersey Department of Corrections records show that Campbell was jailed for three months from Feb. 18, 2011, to June 24, 2013, and four months from Aug. 17, 2013, to Jan. 21, 2014, for dealing drugs on school property.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...er-killed-line-duty-reports-article-1.1864902
sf8p4x.jpg

Officer Melvin Santiago was shot in the head and killed in Jersey City, N.J., early Sunday morning.
24bk96e.jpg
zjhrpe.jpg

Cathy McBride, the mother of of slain Jersey City Police Officer Melvin Santiago.
&
Officer Melvin Santiago's stepfather Alex McBride.​

I wont lie when my daughter was going through for a cop I wasn't happy and that was in Canada where theres a little less in the gun violence
Then she moved to states and university and was gonna be a state trooper
I was soooo happy when she decided to marry and be a stay at home mom for now

Last edited:
@Cassiopeia just being honest. Cops are corrupt, power driven, and racist. Cop killing articles are always feel good stories for me. While my views are obviously reprehensible, there's enough truth in my statements for everyone ready to give me a "dislike" to really look at this nations police force in a critical light.
Cop killing articles horrify me. I have witnessed police corruption enough to know that the cops that get killed are usually the ones that do everything by the book.

I'm not saying that all cops are corrupt or that only good cops get killed, none of that.

Cop killers usually have no regard for the rest of humanity.

@Cassiopeia just being honest. Cops are corrupt, power driven, and racist. Cop killing articles are always feel good stories for me. While my views are obviously reprehensible, there's enough truth in my statements for everyone ready to give me a "dislike" to really look at this nations police force in a critical light.

I didn't give you a dislike, for the record. I agree that some cops are no good, but there are cops out there who do the job because they want to improve their community and help the people where they live...

We are lucky in my small town to have a good police force who seem to really care about what they do and the people they are paid to protect. It was the same way in the town where I grew up so I have the greatest respect for LEO's even though I have also lived in places with corrupt forces. I would be very sorry to hear of anything like this happening in my town because when we've needed them, they've been right there.

Wish he would have killed the other two cops before being slain himself.

Interestingly, one of the day shift Lieutenant for our county's Sheriff's Dept. understands your response, however, he did make two comments:

(1): 'Cops are just like anyone else who "swears" to their employer they'll follow the rules and do a good job. Some take an oath, honor their badge, risk their lives to keep the public safe, and deal *face-to-face* with the shitbags you're reading about. On the other hand, no one's denying there are shitbags (and I'm cleaning UP his language, lol), who make it into the system, swear an oath, lie, and do everything they can to dishonor the badge. That's what IAD's for. There are criminals in all areas of Public Service.'
And (2): 'If you or someone in your family becomes a victim of a violent crime, you might want to think twice before wishing the officers and detectives who'll show up to help you, were dead.'

Oh, and my son says you're "an asshole," lol.

Last edited:
I respect your sons candor.

*S* I'm glad you read the (their) response the way it was intended. I really like the caliber of thought, maturity, intelligence and humor here.

I'm pretty sure we all agree LEO corruption in this country is not only out of control, especially in larger, more urban areas (we live in a huge 5 county metropolis), with some of these so-called "cops", I've always said the only difference between them and the criminals they arrest is the color of their uniform and a holster.

I appreciate your candor as well. Given the subject, and the situation, I just had to read your comment, in context, out loud (without your name). I'm glad it didn't come off as ranty b/c both of them really do understand, as do I. I just disagree with killing all LEO's as a general rule.

I always feel bad when an officer loses his life in the line of duty becoz they don't have to do what they do. Are there asshole powerhungry cops out there just wanting to be the Big Man on Campus? Yea but thats not exclusive just to cops. At the end of the day like I tell my husband when he starts to rant and rave about cops I don't see your ass out there doing that shit day in and day out.
This kid was 23y/o didn't even get a chance to even really live before being killed. Anyone who supports what this POS killer did is a sad sad person indeed. Pouring 40's and hanging up t-shirts. Go kill yourself please.

I think it's a slap in the face for them to keep the cop killer memorial. Those that say they hate cops are the first to complain that cops aren't doing enough.

They wouldn't survive 24 hours without the law.

Hope this fugly bitch gets taken out next time she goes for a walk
2wbrs6d.jpg
[...]
Friends and relatives of Lawrence Campbell, the ex-con who shot a rookie Jersey City cop to death outside a drug store early Sunday, have erected a makeshift memorial to the gunman in his hardscrabble neighborhood.
More shocking still, Campbell's wife said Monday her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.
"That's how I feel. God forgive me, but that's how I feel
," Angelique Campbell
[...]
at the memorial
. "If that's the case, he should've took more with him. If they was going to stand over my husband and shoot him like a f---ing dog, he should've took all of them the f--- out."
The memorial for Campbell, 27, includes two dozen candles, a collection of empty liquor bottles and a pair of white T-shirts taped to a brick wall with fond messages such as “Thug In Peace” and “SEE U ON THE OTHER SIDE” written in black marker.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/person-interest-arrest-jersey-city-killing-article-1.1866138
aljmn7.jpg

she looks like something off a skit on SNL​

Campbell's wife said Monday her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.
"That's how I feel. God forgive me, but that's how I feel
yeah because they were legally earning money that the twattwaffles ex con hubby was trying to steal
kids in that family don't stand a fucking chance

2wbrs6d.jpg
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/person-interest-arrest-jersey-city-killing-article-1.1866138
aljmn7.jpg

I may throw up. YES, your husband is going to be killed when he sets up the perfect storm to kill a cop in cold blood, for the sole reason of gaining some rank in some bullshit street gang that has no redeeming value to themselves or their community.

And you know what, sure, there are some bad cops out there. Probably a lot. Just like there are bad doctors, bad judges, bad parents FFS...but there are far more of the good guys then the bad. And if you are living your life like a normal human being, a law abiding citizen...you don't have to worry about the them. I once got a counterfeit $100 bill, do you think I'm going to reject any other hundred dollar bill just because I happen to get a bad one one time? Of course not.

For anyone to say that they wished more men, police officers, were killed that day (or to rejoice over even one death) shows a tremendous moral deficient.

Campbell's wife said Monday her husband should have killed more officers if they were planning to kill him.
"That's how I feel. God forgive me, but that's how I feel," Angelique Campbell
Well, then God forgive me because I hope this lowlife cum-guzzler dies a slow painful death at the hands of a sadistic murderer all while the awful police are at Dunkin' Donuts drinking coffee.

2wbrs6d.jpg
aljmn7.jpg

Its ignorant hoes like this who make me so fucking mad. Get yo boo boo the fool looking ass on somewhere with that nonsense coz no respectable woman would even be on TV crying over this lowlife thug. See I hope that bitch get her uterus snatched out coz God forbid she ever have children. Fucking glorifying some no good hood cop killer coz now your ass gotta get up and get a job and quit whoring off the government while your man sell smack on the corner.
I wanna curbstomp the stupid out of this monkey lipped hoe if it would possibly save another young girl from defending some ignorant thug with a death wish. I'm so pissed. Its coz she's just reinforcing every negative stereotype people have about black people in general. She needs to seriously fuck off and die.

The whole time I read this thread I had this face o_O.
If they were going to kill him? Um maybe if your hubby wasn't robbing and trying to get "cred" for a fkin gang no one would of had to die dummy! the ignorance is realllllll! :banghead:

Ahem, Lawrence Campbell killing a police officer doesn't make you famous....it makes you infamous. Idiot

It just blows my mind, so, so many people have NO respect for a human life. It's disgusting. Sure, just as in all occupations, there are a few bad cops, and Jersey City probably has more than its' share, given the history there, but the majority of the men and women that wear the uniform are doing it for the right reasons. When I see a police officer I assume that s/he is one of the good ones until I see something that tells me otherwise. But even a cop that was a total asshole (and I'm certainly NOT saying that about the slain officer) doesn't deserve to die...lose their job, maybe, be brought up on charges, perhaps, but not executed.

The people who had any part in that "memorial" especially need to learn the value of human life. If they don't, they'll eventually all wind up dead as they turn on one another.

The people who had any part in that "memorial" especially need to learn the value of human life. If they don't, they'll eventually all wind up dead as they turn on one another.

No kidding. I couldn't just kill a person. It would be only in self defense or because someone hurt my kids. But get so upset that you just go kill? Yeah, that's not even something my brain can comprehend.

I just don't understand: he killed the cop in cold blood and now they want war??

The Bloods have vowed to kill more Jersey City cops to avenge the thug the police shot dead this week after he executed a rookie officer, The Post has learned.

The violent street gang has threatened to “kill a Jersey City cop and not stop until the National Guard is called out,” a senior law enforcement source revealed.

Police are even being warned that violent Bloods gang members may be traveling from out of state to target officers in New Jersey, according to an internal New Jersey State Police advisory obtained by The Post.

“New Jersey State Police has received credible information from the Jersey City Police Department about specific threats toward Jersey City police officers and law enforcement,” the advisory read.

“The United Blood Nation may take retaliatory action against police officers.”

[...]

In addition to the New Jersey State Police advisory, a statewide alert has been issued to police officers, a senior law enforcement official said Tuesday.

[...]

The gang threat was made in direct response to the fatal Jersey City police shooting of Lawrence Campbell moments after he ambushed Officer Melvin Santiago in a Walgreens parking lot early Sunday.

[...]

The tip about the threat came from a credible source who has provided valuable information about gang activities in the past, authorities said.

[...]
http://nypost.com/2014/07/15/bloods-threaten-to-kill-a-cop-in-revenge-for-cop-killer-shot-dead/

"That's how I feel. God forgive me, but that's how I feel," Angelique Campbell

She does realise that her husband ambushed the police and went down shooting at them?

Back